Geeks, Geeks and More Geeks
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

THIS FORUM IS NO LONGER ACTIVE. SORRY! DO NOT ATTEMPT TO REGISTER; YOUR REQUEST WILL NOT BE ACCEPTED.

PortalPortal  HomeHome  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Birthday Invitation

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
wwe9112
Royal Geek
Royal Geek

Number of posts : 534
Registration date : 2008-10-23
Mood : mellow

Birthday Invitation Empty
PostSubject: Birthday Invitation   Birthday Invitation Empty8/14/2010, 23:55

So its Tara sweet 16 I gotta make her invitations; any idea where I start lol? I want them to look nice. I gotta make 150 of them so I was gunna use PhotoShop but idk how to do it where they fold and such. Is there a better program or something for this?
Back to top Go down
Repa
Site Administrator
Site Administrator
Repa

Number of posts : 2378
Humor : Age: Older than Dirt!
Registration date : 2008-09-19

PostSubject: Re: Birthday Invitation   Birthday Invitation Empty8/15/2010, 01:27

Yes, use Microsoft Publisher - it's part of MS Office or MS Office Business Edition. I make cards with it all the time. You can buy heavy paper just for making cards with the fold crease already in it and just tell publisher which fold design you want it to use and then add your photo or artwork and verses. It's pretty easy to use.
Back to top Go down
wwe9112
Royal Geek
Royal Geek

PostSubject: Re: Birthday Invitation   Birthday Invitation Empty8/15/2010, 09:30

OK, thank you

She's wanted to do either a 60s theme, or 80s theme. I think shes going to pick 80s... any ideas of what this would look like lol. She isn't makeing this easy on me haha... gosh!
Back to top Go down
wwe9112
Royal Geek
Royal Geek

PostSubject: Re: Birthday Invitation   Birthday Invitation Empty8/15/2010, 14:27

so I went and got a template and been messing with it and such but im lost

Birthday Invitation A224e4967b

on the left hand side it has 1 2 3 how would I put that together? How would it print? I don't have my printer hooke dup so if someone could please explain to me what i'd have to do and expect that would be appreciated

thanks for all the help
Back to top Go down
Repa
Site Administrator
Site Administrator
Repa

PostSubject: Re: Birthday Invitation   Birthday Invitation Empty8/15/2010, 14:47

Here's some ideas for 80's theme invitations:

http://www.google.com/images?hl=en&source=imghp&q=80s+birthday+party+theme+invitations&btnG=Search+Images&gbv=2&aq=f&aqi=&aql=&oq=&gs_rfai=

You save whatever image you want in a high resolution .jpg file or as a .tif file (300bpi) and then in Publisher you point to that file by clicking Insert > Picture > From file on the menu bar. Of course, you'll have to have your printer hooked up to print it!

Back to top Go down
wwe9112
Royal Geek
Royal Geek

PostSubject: Re: Birthday Invitation   Birthday Invitation Empty8/15/2010, 14:59

wwe9112 wrote:
so I went and got a template and been messing with it and such but im lost

Birthday Invitation A224e4967b

on the left hand side it has 1 2 3 how would I put that together? How would it print? I don't have my printer hooke dup so if someone could please explain to me what i'd have to do and expect that would be appreciated

thanks for all the help
Back to top Go down
Repa
Site Administrator
Site Administrator
Repa

PostSubject: Re: Birthday Invitation   Birthday Invitation Empty8/15/2010, 15:31

Edit the image the way you want it in Photoshop, and save the file at 300bpi. Then, open Publisher, select the Blank Publications tab, select the type of fold you want (like Tent card), and click the create button. Then, point to that file by clicking Insert > Picture > From file on the menu bar and it will put the picture in the first page of the type of card you selected. If it doesn't fit just right, you can adjust it. If you don't know how Publisher works, read the Help menu to get help on what you want to do.

Here's a tutorial on how to make a card from a Publisher template:

http://www.ehow.com/how_6131454_make-card-publisher.html

Back to top Go down
wwe9112
Royal Geek
Royal Geek

PostSubject: Re: Birthday Invitation   Birthday Invitation Empty8/15/2010, 16:01

is that talking about what i just said above with thr 1 2 3 thingy? I'm lost on how to use the card I have it made like idk. under design it has 2 things what do i do with them? Is that what its talking about?
Back to top Go down
Repa
Site Administrator
Site Administrator
Repa

PostSubject: Re: Birthday Invitation   Birthday Invitation Empty8/15/2010, 20:28

Brandon, I don't know what the 1 2 3 thingy is because you haven't told me what application you're using. All you want is the image in the center of the page itself saved as a 300bpi .jpg or .tif file. I've copied what you put in your post, cropped the image in the center out so that was all that was showing, changed it to 300dpi, saved it as a .tif file and inserted it into a Microsoft Publisher file using the greeting card Tent fold option. The outside front of the card is page 1 (where I inserted the photo). The outside back of the card is page 2. The inside top of the tent fold greeting card is page 3, and the inside bottom of the tent fold greeting card is page 4. If you want to include a message in the card, you do it on page 4. I'll email the .pub file to you and see if you can figure out what to do from there after you open it in Publisher. If you want another photo besides the one that's there, you can replace it with whatever you want, and adjust it to fit the card as you want. The instructions in the tutorial link I gave you above tells you how to do that. Look for my email (from denisdev).
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Birthday Invitation   Birthday Invitation Empty

Back to top Go down

Birthday Invitation
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Geeks, Geeks and More Geeks :: Photography :: Photography Discussion-
Jump to: