Geeks, Geeks and More Geeks
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

THIS FORUM IS NO LONGER ACTIVE. SORRY! DO NOT ATTEMPT TO REGISTER; YOUR REQUEST WILL NOT BE ACCEPTED.

PortalPortal  HomeHome  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  

After Hard Drive Wipe and Reload

Go down 
3 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11  Next
AuthorMessage
wcturner
Royal Geek
Royal Geek

Number of posts : 1165
Humor : Yes
Registration date : 2009-10-26

After Hard Drive Wipe and Reload - Page 7 Empty
PostSubject: Re: After Hard Drive Wipe and Reload   After Hard Drive Wipe and Reload - Page 7 Empty11/24/2011, 00:41

1) On 11/22/11, I restored back to before doing the java update.
Afterward, I checked Add/Remove, and of course the old Java(TM)6 Update 23 is back in there now. And that's the one you said to use if everything works okay, Correct?

2) I don't know if all is working correctly yet or not, I'll let you be the judge after I tell you what happened. After Restoring back, and later that night, as I was logging onto my Limited Account, and while it was coming up I walked out to do something else while it was downloading. Upon returning to the computer, it was on my desktop, with only the wallpaper showing, and a popup window showing. I couldn't make a screen shot because the Start Menu, or the other stuff was not showing.
This is what it said: " Windows Application Error- The application failed to initialize properly
(OXC0000017). Click OK to terminate the application." Okay, this time I was logging into my Limited Account, but, I am pretty sure it is the same ERROR window I have seen before when logging OUT of my Limited Account. The times I have seen it when logging out though, it would vanish before I could read it or do a screen shot, and it would continue to Log out. Is that message anything to worry about?

3) As I said above, Since the Start Menu had not shown up before that ERROR window popped up, I couldn't log out or shutdown. I thought maybe the keyboard shortcuts you gave me would work, but they did not. I had to hold the On power button in to shut it down. But, before I got it shut down, I kept trying hitting the keys for your keyboard shortcuts, hoping they would work. Finally, an onscreen keyboard appeared, and something about the tools that people that are seeing impaired popped up. I tried the onscreen keyboard, but, of course none of that worked. I did not even know there was such a thing as an on screen keyboard before this happened.

4) Do you think this computer will ever be working properly?

5) Do you think we might have to try the "Remote" so that you can go in this computer to see what is happening, that you had mentioned doing?

6) I'll try your Registry instructions another time. Since I rarely use IE in Owner Account, I'm not sure it is worth the trouble to worry with it or not.
Back to top Go down
Repa
Site Administrator
Site Administrator
Repa

Number of posts : 2378
Humor : Age: Older than Dirt!
Registration date : 2008-09-19

PostSubject: Re: After Hard Drive Wipe and Reload   After Hard Drive Wipe and Reload - Page 7 Empty11/24/2011, 11:50

WC, every window that pops up doen't mean your computer is screwed up. You have an old computer and I remember seeing a screen shot you posted some time ago that made me wonder if part of your RAM was going bad.

That window that popped up on you has to do with memory usage in some way. I had hoped that fix you went on the internet and downloaded would take care of problems like this that are random and usually fixed by a reboot. Your computer is not going bad again, it's just an HP! Very Happy

The popup you are getting is elusive - not much help out there on fixing it. Some things work for some people and not for others - don't know why. Let's try this and see if it helps:

1. Right-click on My Computer and select Properties on the popup window.
2. Select the Advanced tab, and under Performance click Settings.
3. Under Visual Effects tab select "Adjust for Best Performance"
4. Click ok, click ok.

If you continue to get this problem frequently, we'll try increasing the size of your virtual memory next. Let me know.

You can check to see if the old version of Java is working correctly in your browsers by running the speed test at dslreports.com. Check both IE and Firefox in your owner account and let me know what happens.

Back to top Go down
wcturner
Royal Geek
Royal Geek

PostSubject: Re: After Hard Drive Wipe and Reload   After Hard Drive Wipe and Reload - Page 7 Empty11/25/2011, 00:31

1) WC, every window that pops up doesn't mean your computer is screwed up. That's what it means to me. Smile

2) You have an old computer and I remember seeing a screen shot you posted some time ago that made me wonder if part of your RAM was going bad. RAM, isn't that memory?

3) Your computer is not going bad again, it's just an HP! Maybe I should have applied that $70 for wipe & reload to a new, another brand of computer besides HP? Smile

4) You can check to see if the old version of Java is working correctly in your browsers by running the speed test at dslreports.com. Check both IE and Firefox in your owner account and let me know what happens. In my Owner Account using Firefox, I still get the blank box, at DSL reports test, and am unable to run the test. I then tried it in IE, and it took many tries just to get to the DSLreports website. Could not run the test. I clicked the "Having trouble" link above the box. It opened up info about Java on that page. I clicked the one to check for Java on my computer. It, of course said it found an older version, and offered me the upgrade.
Another thing, I have a bill to pay online. I went to that website, and was unable to pay the bill, as I used to do. I really need to pay that bill. Would that be because of this Java problem, and I assume that I will have to try to get the new, Java update again, or what?

EDIT: This I am posting about 10 minutes after I posted the above. I decided to try to pay that bill using IE, since it appeared that IE is recognizing JAVA, and I might be wrong, but, I think I need Java to pay online. Anyway, I used IE, went to the website to see if I could pay bill. This time, I was able to log into my account, and complete the transaction in order to pay the bill. Wonder why FireFox does not recognize the old Java on my computer? I used to be able to pay that same bill using the old Java, and using Firefox browser, before I tried the new version of Java? You can tell me if I'm wrong or not?

EDIT AT 11:43 CST: I just remembered this, whenever we run Ccleaner, it will say "Firefox needs to be closed in order for it to be cleaned" or you need to restart the computer". When, in fact, Firefox is already closed, when it says this. I finally just checked the box that says "Don't show this message again". I assume that is what I should have done, right?
Back to top Go down
Repa
Site Administrator
Site Administrator
Repa

PostSubject: Re: After Hard Drive Wipe and Reload   After Hard Drive Wipe and Reload - Page 7 Empty11/25/2011, 15:56

What I am going to probably suggest is a completely clean install of Java (TM) 6 Update 29 after I see a couple of screen shots from you. From your owner account, here's what I want to see:

Firefox:

1. Click on Tools > Add-ons and scroll down the window you see until anything related to Java.
2. Click on whatever items named Java that you see to find out if they are enabled or disabled. A button will appear that either says Enable or Disable. Take a screen shot and post it.

IE8:
1. Click on Tools > Manage Add-ons and scroll down the window you see until anything related to Java under a heading named Sun Microsystems, Inc.
2. Take a screen shot and post it.

Now, in each browser (IE and Firefox) go to the following dslreports speed test page:

http://www.dslreports.com/speedtest?loc=9&premium=

Note whether or not the following happens after waiting at least 30 seconds or more:
1. The start button appears in the speed test block - Yes or No?
2. The Java Sun Icon appears in the system tray - Yes or No?

If yes to both above, click the Start button and run the test.

Depending on what I see in your screen shots, the answers to 1 and 2 above, and if you ran the speed test and it was successful or not, we will proceed from there.

Back to top Go down
wcturner
Royal Geek
Royal Geek

PostSubject: Re: After Hard Drive Wipe and Reload   After Hard Drive Wipe and Reload - Page 7 Empty11/25/2011, 16:04

Repa, I need to run this by you. Looks like more problems!

1) Today I opened Owner account to update my Apps, Avast, etc. Got a window for, FlashPlayer 11.1 update, so I clicked Install. I hope that was Okay? But, when it finished it Noted that a system conflict exists, and will need to uninstall or disable RealPlayer. You can see it in the screen shot. It gave instructions on how to disable in Firefox and IE. I didn't look at IE yet, but, "Real player Browser Record Plugin" wasn't listed when I looked in my FF browser Tools. Did I mess up by Installing the FlashPlayer Update?

Also, please look in the screen shot that I'll post, at the 14 Text Documents shown among my Desktop Icons, 12 are shown, & the Flash Player picture covers the other 2. Here's what it says when I hover the Mouse over them, I'm afraid to open them to see what they are, maybe you will know?>hs_err_pid566060;Text Document; Date Modified:11/24/2011; Size:14..3KB. The number and size varies on most all of them. In the screen shot, there's 6 of them above the Flash Player Box, so you can easily find them. I didn't create them, and I know nothing about them. Hope you can tell me what to do, I guess "Delete"?

After Hard Drive Wipe and Reload - Page 7 Flash_10

Back to top Go down
Repa
Site Administrator
Site Administrator
Repa

PostSubject: Re: After Hard Drive Wipe and Reload   After Hard Drive Wipe and Reload - Page 7 Empty11/25/2011, 17:18

Those files are Java error log files and they can all be deleted. They have nothing to do with the Adobe Flash update. Get rid of them.

If there is a Realplayer add-on, in Firefox it is in Tools > Add-ons, and in IE it is in Tools > Manage Add-ons. You can click on it and a button will appear for you to disable it in each browser. If you don't use Realplayer, you can uninstall it from Add/Remove Programs, which may be the better choice since you will still have Windows Media Player. Be sure you set a restore point before you do that and then test to see that you still get audio ok.

Regarding Java: Since it appears from what you just showed me that Java is messed up somehow, forget what I said in my previous post. In your owner account, I want you to set a restore point and call it "Before removing Java" and then:

1. In Add/Remove Programs, remove all versions of Java that you find there, beginning with the oldest version. When done with that:

2. Click My Computer > Local Disc (C:\) > Program Files > and then look for 2 folders named Java and JRE. Delete both if you find both (Right-click on each folder and select Delete from the popup menu). You may only find a Java folder, but be sure to look for both and delete both if you find them. JRE will be right after Java if it is there.

3. Now go here to get the lastest version of Java:

http://www.java.com/en/download/index.jsp

and click the "Free Java Download" button.

4. When you get the download window, select Save and save the file to your My Downloads folder.

5. Close all browsers and any applications that you opened that are running.

6. Go to the folder you downloaded Java into and click on the setup application JavaSetup6u29. Follow the instructions you get from the Installation Wizard, and be sure to deselect the software or toolbar offered on one of the wizard screens before you continue with the installation.

7. When the installation is complete (note whether is completes normally without error or not): in each browser (IE and then Firefox) go to the following dslreports speed test page:

http://www.dslreports.com/speedtest?loc=9&premium=

Note whether or not the following happens after waiting at least 30 seconds or more:

1. The start button appears in the speed test block - Yes or No?
2. The Java Sun Icon appears in the system tray - Yes or No?

If yes to both above, click the Start button and run the test.

Everything should work normally now and you should receive speed test results. You now have a "clean" install of Java if all goes well.

Also, make sure you can now login to that account you wanted to get to in order to pay a bill in both browsers.

If all goes well above, what browser were you in when you did the Adobe Flashplayer update? You will have to perform the update in each browser you have, as Adobe Flash is unique to each browser.

Back to top Go down
wcturner
Royal Geek
Royal Geek

PostSubject: Re: After Hard Drive Wipe and Reload   After Hard Drive Wipe and Reload - Page 7 Empty11/25/2011, 17:50

Repa,
1) I've got to stop to eat something, but first I'll post these screen shots to see if they reveal anything to you.?

2) There's only the 2 entries in Add/Remove, and they are Java web Start & Java(TM)6Update 23. Do I leave Java web Start?

3) Those Java error log files also must have something to do with IE. Because after I couldn't get to the DSL speedtest webpage, when I returned to my Owner Desktop, there were about 10 more of those error files on my Desktop. Now the screen shots.

After Hard Drive Wipe and Reload - Page 7 Pertai10

After Hard Drive Wipe and Reload - Page 7 Sunsys10

Back to top Go down
wcturner
Royal Geek
Royal Geek

PostSubject: Re: After Hard Drive Wipe and Reload   After Hard Drive Wipe and Reload - Page 7 Empty11/25/2011, 17:58

After Hard Drive Wipe and Reload - Page 7 Dsl10

After Hard Drive Wipe and Reload - Page 7 Ie_err10

After Hard Drive Wipe and Reload - Page 7 Ff_alr10

I will come back, print new instructions, and see if you have replied about the 2 java entries in Add/Remove, or about the screen shots.?
Back to top Go down
Repa
Site Administrator
Site Administrator
Repa

PostSubject: Re: After Hard Drive Wipe and Reload   After Hard Drive Wipe and Reload - Page 7 Empty11/25/2011, 19:50

Seeing what you have in Firefox, it's no wonder you're having problems. Go back into Firefox Tools > Add-ons and disable everything there that's showing in the screen shot. BTW, what version of Firefox are you running now?

wcturner wrote:
2) There's only the 2 entries in Add/Remove, and they are Java web Start & Java(TM)6Update 23. Do I leave Java web Start?

No, you remove them both. Follow the last directions I gave you from the begining to the end of them and let me know what happens.

Back to top Go down
wcturner
Royal Geek
Royal Geek

PostSubject: Re: After Hard Drive Wipe and Reload   After Hard Drive Wipe and Reload - Page 7 Empty11/25/2011, 21:49

1) Seeing what you have in Firefox, it's no wonder you're having problems. I did not add any of those. But, they are DisAbled now. I do not know how they got enabled?

2) BTW, what version of Firefox are you running now? Ver. 8.0

3) Since Java web Start is listed first in Add/Remove, do I remove it last?

4) I also have the Java(TM)6 Update 29 Set Up App still on my Owner Desktop. After I set the new Restore Point, don't I also delete that, and then, download it again to get fresh start? And, there's a Java Icon in the Control Panel, but, when I click on it, nothing happens. Do I delete that or will it be deleted when new version installs?

5) Can you believe that I just got a Warning of Low Black Ink supply already!? Just installed one week ago on 18th, and haven't printed that much.

6) I went ahead and made a screen shot of the rest of the Firefox plugins on that list to see if i need to Disable or leave them? FYI, I probably can't get all of this done tonight, I'll check back for your reply before I begin.

After Hard Drive Wipe and Reload - Page 7 Rest_o10

Back to top Go down
Repa
Site Administrator
Site Administrator
Repa

PostSubject: Re: After Hard Drive Wipe and Reload   After Hard Drive Wipe and Reload - Page 7 Empty11/25/2011, 23:59

wcturner wrote:
1) Seeing what you have in Firefox, it's no wonder you're having problems. I did not add any of those. But, they are DisAbled now. I do not know how they got enabled?

Since you have Firefox 8.0, I don't know. It comes from the junk that is on your computer in part, and what Firefox 8 thinks it needs in part based on what it sees on your computer, but I'm still on Firefox 3.6.10 and so the new stuff may work entirely differently and need different plugins and add-ons - I don't know, will have to do some research, but that will have to wait until after the weekend. You'll have to figure what you do and don't need by trial and error and add things back if needed. That's why I had you to disable, not uninstall them, so if needed you can just enable them again.

3) Since Java web Start is listed first in Add/Remove, do I remove it last?

No, remove it first, but set a restore point first just in case I'm wrong and you can't remove Jave (TM0 6 Update 23. That way you can go back and redo it in the other order. WC you got stuff on your computer that I've never seen!

4) I also have the Java(TM)6 Update 29 Set Up App still on my Owner Desktop. After I set the new Restore Point, don't I also delete that, and then, download it again to get fresh start? And, there's a Java Icon in the Control Panel, but, when I click on it, nothing happens. Do I delete that or will it be deleted when new version installs?

I think so, delete it from your desktop since you seemed to have some kind of error before. It could have been because we did an update instead of removing Java (TM) 6 Update 23 first. That's why I want to get rid of everything and start fresh, new installation app, new folders, everything.

6) I went ahead and made a screen shot of the rest of the Firefox plugins on that list to see if i need to Disable or leave them? FYI, I probably can't get all of this done tonight, I'll check back for your reply before I begin.

Disable the Realplayer and leave the others as is for now.

Back to top Go down
wcturner
Royal Geek
Royal Geek

PostSubject: Re: After Hard Drive Wipe and Reload   After Hard Drive Wipe and Reload - Page 7 Empty11/26/2011, 01:29

1) You'll have to figure what you do and don't need by trial and error and add things back if needed. I don't have a clue about what I need.? And, after the wipe & reload, I just assumed that the most current version of FireFox was what I needed.

2) I also found out, by chance, that I have to go into both Limited Accounts separately and Disable those FF "Plugins".

3) WC you got stuff on your computer that I've never seen! What do you mean? How did that 'STUFF" get on my computer?

4) I think I probably need to wait until Sunday to get started on doing all this, so you will be available. I don't want to get stuck on something, and not be able to contact you.
Back to top Go down
Repa
Site Administrator
Site Administrator
Repa

PostSubject: Re: After Hard Drive Wipe and Reload   After Hard Drive Wipe and Reload - Page 7 Empty11/26/2011, 01:42

By trial and error, what I mean is if something that worked before doesn't after disabling the plugins, you add them back until it does work. Sometimes it will be obvious which is needed, and sometimes you'll get a message telling you that such and such is needed. One way of troubleshooting browser problems is to disable all the plugins, and if the problem disappears, then add them back one at a time until the problem re-appears. It isn't something you need to concern yourself with now.

BTW, I just discovered on my wife's laptop that the dslreports speedtest won't work in Firefox because it needs the later version of Java. That's why you aren't seeing the Start button in the speed test box in firefox with Update 23, in addition to the fact that it is probably corrupted based on what is happening in your IE browser. She has Java (TM) 6 update 24 and the Java Quick Starter 1.0 plugin in Firefox, which is later than your Update 23. However, dslreports does work with this version of Java in IE8 on her machine.

WC you can go ahead and do the last set of instructions I gave you, I'll be available if you need me. I just don't have the time to look into what add-ons Firefox 8.0 needs to run correctly right now. Most all that stuff is not needed in older versions except for the java plugin. You can get that done and I'll be here to help if you need it.
Back to top Go down
wcturner
Royal Geek
Royal Geek

PostSubject: Re: After Hard Drive Wipe and Reload   After Hard Drive Wipe and Reload - Page 7 Empty11/27/2011, 00:06

Just finish with the Java install. I've got some screenshots for you to evaluate.

1. The start button appears in the speed test block - Yes or No? IE, & Chrome Yes. Firefox NO
2. The Java Sun Icon appears in the system tray - Yes or No? IE, & Chrome Yes. Firefox NO

3) Also, make sure you can now login to that account you wanted to get to in order to pay a bill in both browsers. I'm able to log in to the Bill account with IE, FF, & Chrome.

4) If all goes well above, what browser were you in when you did the Adobe Flashplayer update? I was in Owner Account.
5) You will have to perform the update in each browser you have, as Adobe Flash is unique to each browser. How do I do that? The Update notice just popped up in my Owner account. I am not sure where the Flash App is at on my computer.?

6) I went through the IE8 Wizard again the last time it opened up in my Owner account, and it has not re-appeared again since I did that. So, maybe it won't be necessary to go through the instructions you gave about going into the Registry.
But, I think I need some help with my settings in IE, as it takes a long time for the Browser to open up every time, and it is very slow, and burdensome to use. Can you help me with that some time?

The screen shots in order is:
1. IE
2. Chrome
3. F.Fox

After Hard Drive Wipe and Reload - Page 7 Ie_dsl10

After Hard Drive Wipe and Reload - Page 7 Chrome10

After Hard Drive Wipe and Reload - Page 7 Ff_dl_10

In Advanced, it is set to scan for updates Monthly, and at 4 AM, won't I need to change that to a time when computer is ON?

Back to top Go down
Repa
Site Administrator
Site Administrator
Repa

PostSubject: Re: After Hard Drive Wipe and Reload   After Hard Drive Wipe and Reload - Page 7 Empty11/27/2011, 02:10

Give me a screenshot(s) of the Add-ons in Firefox so I can see what is there and what is enabled. Also, do the same for IE in Tools > Manage Add-ons. If necessary, I'll put Firefox 8.0 on one of my computers in the next day or so, so I can try to replicate your problems with it and find solutions to them.
Back to top Go down
fay47
Royal Geek
Royal Geek
fay47

Number of posts : 1480
Registration date : 2008-10-17
Mood : none

PostSubject: Re: After Hard Drive Wipe and Reload   After Hard Drive Wipe and Reload - Page 7 Empty11/27/2011, 13:52

You may have checked this already, but is JavaScript enabled in Firefox browswer

Select Tools from menu at top
choose Options
select the Content button
in the check boxes see if Enable JavaScript button is checked.

JavaScript is seperate from Java.

Since I already had FireFox 8.0.1 on my computer, I thought I would have a brief look.
It was checked on mine and it worked. If I uncheck it - I get the blank box.

Sorry if you have already checked this, just wanted to mention just in case.

Fay

Back to top Go down
wcturner
Royal Geek
Royal Geek

PostSubject: Re: After Hard Drive Wipe and Reload   After Hard Drive Wipe and Reload - Page 7 Empty11/27/2011, 17:57

Here's FireFox add ons.

After Hard Drive Wipe and Reload - Page 7 Ffadd_10

After Hard Drive Wipe and Reload - Page 7 Ff2_ad10
Back to top Go down
fay47
Royal Geek
Royal Geek
fay47

PostSubject: Re: After Hard Drive Wipe and Reload   After Hard Drive Wipe and Reload - Page 7 Empty11/27/2011, 18:09

Looks like you need to enable JAVA Platform.
You need boht that and JavaScript.

Fay
Back to top Go down
wcturner
Royal Geek
Royal Geek

PostSubject: Re: After Hard Drive Wipe and Reload   After Hard Drive Wipe and Reload - Page 7 Empty11/27/2011, 18:34

Repa, Here comes 4 IE screen shots.

After Hard Drive Wipe and Reload - Page 7 Ie_go_10

After Hard Drive Wipe and Reload - Page 7 I_2_mo10

After Hard Drive Wipe and Reload - Page 7 I_3_e_10

After Hard Drive Wipe and Reload - Page 7 Bon_n_10
Back to top Go down
wcturner
Royal Geek
Royal Geek

PostSubject: Re: After Hard Drive Wipe and Reload   After Hard Drive Wipe and Reload - Page 7 Empty11/27/2011, 18:43

Here's one from Chrome, I clicked Tools>Extensions.

After Hard Drive Wipe and Reload - Page 7 Chrome11
Back to top Go down
Repa
Site Administrator
Site Administrator
Repa

PostSubject: Re: After Hard Drive Wipe and Reload   After Hard Drive Wipe and Reload - Page 7 Empty11/28/2011, 00:14

I hate HP - You've got so much bloatware on there. Ok, this is what I think:

Firefox: Enable the following:

Java (TM) Platform SE 6 U29 6.0.290.11

Disable the following:

RealPlayer(tm)LiveConnect
Shockwave for Director 11.0.0.429
Windows Media Player Plug-in Dynamic Link Library
Windows Presentation Foundation

Internet Explorer 8: Disable the following:

HP View (both entries unless you use the HP View Toolbar)
Google Toolbar (all entries unless you use if for whatever reason)
Java (tm)Plug-in 2 SSV Helper
Bonjour (all entries)

You need to go take a look here about HP View and decide if you want to remove this toolbar completely from your computer, or not: http://www.ehow.com/how_6855055_uninstall-hp.html

If you use the toolbar, you obviously want to keep it.

I don't know what Javascript Fay is talking about in Firefox. It is not in Firefox Version 3.6.10. See if it is under the Extensions Tab in Firefox, and if it is, turn it on if it isn't on. If it's not there, I don't know where you get it, but then I don't have Firefox 8.0 either. I checked for an add-on for Firefox and couldn't find one. I do have Java Quickstart in the extensions tab and the Java Console. Neither are needed for Java to run in my version of Firefox. I have them disabled.

After doing the above, check your browsers to see that you can still do the things you want to do, and if that speeded things up any.
Back to top Go down
fay47
Royal Geek
Royal Geek
fay47

PostSubject: Re: After Hard Drive Wipe and Reload   After Hard Drive Wipe and Reload - Page 7 Empty11/28/2011, 00:26

Repa,

I don't use FireFox much - so I don't know about prior versions.
In my FireFox I happened to find it when I was just looking around.
Toos | Options
Content Button
there are 3 check boxes
Block pop-up windows
Load Images automatically
Enable JavaScript

I can't remember what the defualts were.

Fay
Back to top Go down
wcturner
Royal Geek
Royal Geek

PostSubject: Re: After Hard Drive Wipe and Reload   After Hard Drive Wipe and Reload - Page 7 Empty11/28/2011, 00:34

Repa, I can't do this tonight.

1) You didn't mention a Restore Point?

2) How do I do the Java Platform thing? I think all these are the Plugins from the screen shot. I go to Tools, etc right?

3) Sorry, I'm reading this in a hurry. Okay, in IE those are disabled by going to Tools>, just like I did to make the screen shots, right?

4) I think I got it now. Forgive me , I've got to go now. Thankds
Back to top Go down
Repa
Site Administrator
Site Administrator
Repa

PostSubject: Re: After Hard Drive Wipe and Reload   After Hard Drive Wipe and Reload - Page 7 Empty11/28/2011, 00:51

fay47 wrote:
Repa,

I don't use FireFox much - so I don't know about prior versions.
In my FireFox I happened to find it when I was just looking around.
Toos | Options
Content Button
there are 3 check boxes
Block pop-up windows
Load Images automatically
Enable JavaScript

I can't remember what the defualts were.

Fay

Oh, Ok Fay, gotcha! I very seldom use it either, hence the older version, plus it works when I do use it.

Yea, check what Fay said above, WC. If "Enable Javascript" isn't checked, it won't work, but it should be checked....

WC, you can do a restore point if you wish. It isn't essential, but will get you back to where you are quick if something you disabled prevents you from doing what you normally do, in lieu of adding them back one at a time until it works as expected again.

You get to those add-ons in IE just like before: Tools > Manage Add-ons > Toolbars and Extensions, click on the add-on, and click the "disable" button to disable them, or enable as the case may be.

Same with Firefox: Tools > Add-ons > Plug-ins, etc. You might also want to see what is enabled/disabled in the Extensions tab of Firefox and give me a screenshot of that.

Back to top Go down
fay47
Royal Geek
Royal Geek
fay47

PostSubject: Re: After Hard Drive Wipe and Reload   After Hard Drive Wipe and Reload - Page 7 Empty11/28/2011, 01:28

Here is an image of where I found the JavaScript option.

After Hard Drive Wipe and Reload - Page 7 Screen10
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: After Hard Drive Wipe and Reload   After Hard Drive Wipe and Reload - Page 7 Empty

Back to top Go down

After Hard Drive Wipe and Reload
Page 7 of 11Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11  Next