Geeks, Geeks and More Geeks
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

THIS FORUM IS NO LONGER ACTIVE. SORRY! DO NOT ATTEMPT TO REGISTER; YOUR REQUEST WILL NOT BE ACCEPTED.

PortalPortal  HomeHome  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  

download vs upload

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
fay47
Royal Geek
Royal Geek
fay47

Number of posts : 1480
Registration date : 2008-10-17
Mood : none

download vs upload Empty
PostSubject: download vs upload   download vs upload Empty1/12/2012, 22:05

I download files from the office ftp sever to my computer.
I upload files from my computer to the office ftp server.

When I transfer files from my digital camera to my computer, is it download or upload?
upload to my computer from the camera (this is my guess)
or downoad from the camera to my computer (but I can see it this way too)

and when I tranfer files from my computer to the camera which is it considered.

Maybe a dumb quesion - but just wondering?

Fay
Back to top Go down
Repa
Site Administrator
Site Administrator
Repa

Number of posts : 2378
Humor : Age: Older than Dirt!
Registration date : 2008-09-19

download vs upload Empty
PostSubject: Re: download vs upload   download vs upload Empty1/20/2012, 11:47

Sorry Fay, I missed this. You are uploading when you connect a cable from your camera to your computer and direct the operation from your camera. There are inexpensive digital card readers with a USB connection to your computer that you can get to insert your camera's digital card into that effectively treats your card as an external storage device. They range from as little as $5 to $30, several of which will read/write multiple digital card types that are under $15. They can be found at Walmart, Staples, Radio Shack, etc. The device gets its power from the USB connection to your computer. Usually, there is no software to install, your computer should recognize the device. You remove your digital card from the camera and insert it into the device. This eliminates the long upload time and battery drain on your camera. Your card becomes another storage device where you can access the folder(s) and image files on it, transfer files to your internal hard drive, delete files on the card, and transfer files on your hard drive to the digital card, just like doing the same operations to your internal hard drive from an external hard drive, and vice-versa.
Back to top Go down
fay47
Royal Geek
Royal Geek
fay47

Number of posts : 1480
Registration date : 2008-10-17
Mood : none

download vs upload Empty
PostSubject: Re: download vs upload   download vs upload Empty1/20/2012, 19:24

Repa,

It really wasn't important. Just a matter of terminology. A friend of mne asked me about it a while back - and I wasn't sure which was right.

My computer has a build in card readr. I don't do much transferrubg frim my camera to the comuter - actually don't take many pictures. But the last fiew times I did it I used the card reader. To me it is a lot simpler than ataching the camera to the computer and remembering how to use the software. Smile

Thanks,
Fay
Back to top Go down

download vs upload
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Geeks, Geeks and More Geeks :: Windows Computer Help :: Computer Discussion-
Jump to: