Geeks, Geeks and More Geeks
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

THIS FORUM IS NO LONGER ACTIVE. SORRY! DO NOT ATTEMPT TO REGISTER; YOUR REQUEST WILL NOT BE ACCEPTED.

PortalPortal  HomeHome  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Address Bar missing

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
wcturner
Royal Geek
Royal Geek

Number of posts : 1165
Humor : Yes
Registration date : 2009-10-26

Address Bar missing Empty
PostSubject: Address Bar missing   Address Bar missing Empty2/15/2012, 23:28

About 4PM today, I was on Glenn Becks website, and I enabled the auto scroll while reading the page. I tried to disable auto scroll and I couldn't disable it. I hit ctrl>alt>esc, , just to see if I could correct the problem. Finally, it just kept going til it reached the bottom of the page. Then somehow I was able to use the mouse to leave the site. Glenn Beck's site is a trusted site, & never had any problem with it.

After leaving the site, I noticed my address bar up at the top of the page had disappeared. About 30 minutes ago I checked again, hoping to find the address bar had returned. Nope, still missing.

I then proceeded to restore back to yesterday about 2PM. SR did not correct the missing address bar .

Got any ideas for correction?

Now, I'll post a question about Spybot problem in Computer Security. Please take a look.
Back to top Go down
Repa
Site Administrator
Site Administrator
Repa

Number of posts : 2378
Humor : Age: Older than Dirt!
Registration date : 2008-09-19

PostSubject: Re: Address Bar missing   Address Bar missing Empty2/16/2012, 00:10

Undo your restore and then check your Spybot updates.

On the menu bar, select View > Toolbars > click on Navigation Toolbar to get your address bar back.
Back to top Go down
wcturner
Royal Geek
Royal Geek

Number of posts : 1165
Humor : Yes
Registration date : 2009-10-26

PostSubject: Re: Address Bar missing   Address Bar missing Empty2/16/2012, 20:48

Got the address bar back, thanks.

I undid the restore, and checked Spybot updates. After installing the 2 updates from yesterday, all that was left was Teatimer, so I exited& passed on that. I clicked Immunize and ran it. Nothing changed, it is still the same as yesterday, Protected items 260654. And, as I said 2/08/12 update had 337026 Protected

1) Have you never had this happen that the old update lists more Protected items than a New Update?

2) Is there anything to do about it? thanks

Back to top Go down
Repa
Site Administrator
Site Administrator
Repa

Number of posts : 2378
Humor : Age: Older than Dirt!
Registration date : 2008-09-19

PostSubject: Re: Address Bar missing   Address Bar missing Empty2/16/2012, 21:28

Never saw that before. I have the latest updates and they show 185,175 protections, way less than yours. I don't have a clue why the difference, but probably isn't anything to worry about. Each of my computers has a differnt number. I'm not going to worry about it.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Address Bar missing   Address Bar missing Empty

Back to top Go down

Address Bar missing
Page 1 of 1