Geeks, Geeks and More Geeks
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

THIS FORUM IS NO LONGER ACTIVE. SORRY! DO NOT ATTEMPT TO REGISTER; YOUR REQUEST WILL NOT BE ACCEPTED.

PortalPortal  HomeHome  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  

question about printing on Avery labels

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
fay47
Royal Geek
Royal Geek
fay47

Number of posts : 1480
Registration date : 2008-10-17
Mood : none

question about printing on Avery labels Empty
PostSubject: question about printing on Avery labels   question about printing on Avery labels Empty7/8/2012, 21:54

I thought it would be possible to print part of a page, then later use them same page and print on the remaining labels. But in reading on the Avery site - they say they do not recommend feeding a page of labels thru more than once. What is your thought on this.

Another thing they say is to change the paper type to Label. One of my printers has that as a selection the other does not.
The other has several categories with paper types underneath.
For example:
Injkey paper
Hp Bright White Paper
HP Premium Paper
Hp premium Presentation Papter, Matte
Other injet papers
Speciality Papers
Hp Iron on Transfer
Hp Photo Cards
Other speciality papers
There are other selecions too - but I don'tthink they would apply.
I am thinking I would want to use one of the ones that say Other - maybe the Other speciality papers - but I am not sure. What do you think?

Thanks,
Fay

Back to top Go down
Repa
Site Administrator
Site Administrator
Repa

Number of posts : 2378
Humor : Age: Older than Dirt!
Registration date : 2008-09-19

PostSubject: Re: question about printing on Avery labels   question about printing on Avery labels Empty7/8/2012, 22:31

I've never had a problem feeding label sheets through a second time. I have a Canon Pixma MP530 All-in-One that I use for printing documents. I save the filled in template as a Word document. I set it on Media (paper) Type = Plain Paper, Paper Size = Letter 8.5"X11" for printing labels from the template - same settings that I use for printing ordinary Word documents. You can modify your template to line up with the remaining blank labels on a partially used label sheet, save it as another document, and print it on the sheet with partial labels. Has always worked fine for me.
Back to top Go down
fay47
Royal Geek
Royal Geek
fay47

Number of posts : 1480
Registration date : 2008-10-17
Mood : none

PostSubject: Re: question about printing on Avery labels   question about printing on Avery labels Empty7/8/2012, 22:38

Repa,

Ok thanks. Probaly want to sell more labels LOL
Or I think they mentioned soemthing about their qulity gurantee, so maybe they just want to cover themselves in case they don't feed right for some reason.

I seldom mess with the paper type. I don't even know what it does differntly when you change the paper type. I most always have mine set to plain paper, so guess I will not worry about the paper type either.

THanks,
Fay

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: question about printing on Avery labels   question about printing on Avery labels Empty

Back to top Go down

question about printing on Avery labels
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Geeks, Geeks and More Geeks :: Windows Computer Help :: Computer Discussion-
Jump to: