Geeks, Geeks and More Geeks
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

THIS FORUM IS NO LONGER ACTIVE. SORRY! DO NOT ATTEMPT TO REGISTER; YOUR REQUEST WILL NOT BE ACCEPTED.

PortalPortal  HomeHome  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Unwanted Desktop Icons, HP & Others

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
wcturner
Royal Geek
Royal Geek

Number of posts : 1165
Humor : Yes
Registration date : 2009-10-26

Unwanted Desktop Icons, HP & Others Empty
PostSubject: Unwanted Desktop Icons, HP & Others   Unwanted Desktop Icons, HP & Others Empty3/21/2013, 15:44

Repa, I started a new thread for this, & I don't know how to move the other several posts over here. I original posted this in the "Avast Settings" topic. I'd like you to look at these 3 scr shots, please & advise.
This is part of your last post there. If you decide to delete the icons, you need to first see if the application is installed in Programs and Features. If not, the Icon points to a link or an installation application. You need to go to the locations the Icons point to and delete whatever is there. To find the location, right click the Icon, select Properties on the popup menu, and the computer location will be given to you on that page. Go there and delete whatever the Icon was pointing to, and then the Icon. The ones I see that you can delete are:

MyRoom, Walmart Photo Center, Vudu, HP Magic Canvas, RaRa Music, Zya, Shop for Supplies.

1. Unwanted Desktop Icons, HP & Others Hp1_pr10

2. Unwanted Desktop Icons, HP & Others Hp2_pr10

3. Unwanted Desktop Icons, HP & Others Hp3_pr10

I made 3 scr shots to show you the path I took. Do I delete all that is in the #3 scr. shot?
BTW, this is about my HP Deskjet printer, as u see, & it is the last one u listed above, HP> Shop for Supplies.
Thanks...

Back to top Go down
Repa
Site Administrator
Site Administrator
Repa

Number of posts : 2378
Humor : Age: Older than Dirt!
Registration date : 2008-09-19

Unwanted Desktop Icons, HP & Others Empty
PostSubject: Re: Unwanted Desktop Icons, HP & Others   Unwanted Desktop Icons, HP & Others Empty3/21/2013, 21:24

wcturner wrote:

I made 3 scr shots to show you the path I took. Do I delete all that is in the #3 scr. shot?
BTW, this is about my HP Deskjet printer, as u see, & it is the last one u listed above, HP> Shop for Supplies.
Thanks...

No you do not delete all in #3 scr. Just delete the desktop icon if it bothers you being there.
Back to top Go down

Unwanted Desktop Icons, HP & Others
Page 1 of 1