A friendly forum to get help and support

PortalPortal  HomeHome  GalleryGallery  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Share | 

Unwanted Desktop Icons, HP & Others

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
wcturner
Royal Geek
Royal Geek

Number of posts : 1158
Humor : Yes
Registration date : 2009-10-26

PostSubject: Unwanted Desktop Icons, HP & Others   3/21/2013, 15:44

Repa, I started a new thread for this, & I don't know how to move the other several posts over here. I original posted this in the "Avast Settings" topic. I'd like you to look at these 3 scr shots, please & advise.
This is part of your last post there. If you decide to delete the icons, you need to first see if the application is installed in Programs and Features. If not, the Icon points to a link or an installation application. You need to go to the locations the Icons point to and delete whatever is there. To find the location, right click the Icon, select Properties on the popup menu, and the computer location will be given to you on that page. Go there and delete whatever the Icon was pointing to, and then the Icon. The ones I see that you can delete are:

MyRoom, Walmart Photo Center, Vudu, HP Magic Canvas, RaRa Music, Zya, Shop for Supplies.

I made 3 scr shots to show you the path I took. Do I delete all that is in the #3 scr. shot?
BTW, this is about my HP Deskjet printer, as u see, & it is the last one u listed above, HP> Shop for Supplies.
Thanks...

Back to top Go down
View user profile
Repa
Site Administrator
Site Administrator

Number of posts : 2372
Humor : Age: Older than Dirt!
Registration date : 2008-09-19

PostSubject: Re: Unwanted Desktop Icons, HP & Others   3/21/2013, 21:24

wcturner wrote:

I made 3 scr shots to show you the path I took. Do I delete all that is in the #3 scr. shot?
BTW, this is about my HP Deskjet printer, as u see, & it is the last one u listed above, HP> Shop for Supplies.
Thanks...

No you do not delete all in #3 scr. Just delete the desktop icon if it bothers you being there.

Unwanted Desktop Icons, HP & Others
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1