Geeks, Geeks and More Geeks
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

THIS FORUM IS NO LONGER ACTIVE. SORRY! DO NOT ATTEMPT TO REGISTER; YOUR REQUEST WILL NOT BE ACCEPTED.

PortalPortal  HomeHome  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  

windows defender stopped

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
wcturner
Royal Geek
Royal Geek

Number of posts : 1165
Humor : Yes
Registration date : 2009-10-26

windows defender stopped Empty
PostSubject: windows defender stopped   windows defender stopped Empty6/4/2013, 00:45

Repa, u told me to post if this happened again, & this time i got a screen shot. By the time i finished the scr. shot, it had resumed working again though. This happened over this past weekend.

Have you ever had this happen?

windows defender stopped Win_de10
Back to top Go down
Repa
Site Administrator
Site Administrator
Repa

Number of posts : 2378
Humor : Age: Older than Dirt!
Registration date : 2008-09-19

PostSubject: Re: windows defender stopped   windows defender stopped Empty6/4/2013, 09:41

Isolated occurrences of this seem common with Windows Defender. If Defender stops or doesn't start, it's probably because of a corrupt registry setting. If the Start Now button doesn't fix it, restart the computer. If that doesn't work, restore your computer back to when it was working correctly. If that doesn't work, uninstall and reinstall Windows Defender. If the problem persists daily, run your scans to see if some malware might be stopping it. If this just happens once in a great while and you are able to restart it and it continues without problems, then don't worry about it.

Back to top Go down
wcturner
Royal Geek
Royal Geek

Number of posts : 1165
Humor : Yes
Registration date : 2009-10-26

PostSubject: Re: windows defender stopped   windows defender stopped Empty6/5/2013, 00:29

this is only the 2nd. time this has happened, & each time it started working each time on it's own accord. By the time i had finished the screen shot it was already back "ON" again.

Thanks for your reply!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: windows defender stopped   windows defender stopped Empty

Back to top Go down

windows defender stopped
Page 1 of 1