Geeks, Geeks and More Geeks
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

THIS FORUM IS NO LONGER ACTIVE. SORRY! DO NOT ATTEMPT TO REGISTER; YOUR REQUEST WILL NOT BE ACCEPTED.

PortalPortal  HomeHome  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Firefox Browser

Go down 
3 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4
AuthorMessage
fay47
Royal Geek
Royal Geek
fay47

Number of posts : 1480
Registration date : 2008-10-17
Mood : none

Firefox Browser - Page 4 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Firefox Browser   Firefox Browser - Page 4 Empty12/6/2013, 19:58

Repa,

When I have used the favorites it has been from favorites on the menu bar. Also never use the wheel. Just was not busy and thought I would have a look. Not sure why I am having trouble with the wheel. I checked the mouse settings in control panel and it works from some places. Probably will not mess with it right now -like I said I do use it anyway.

Fay
Back to top Go down
wcturner
Royal Geek
Royal Geek

Number of posts : 1165
Humor : Yes
Registration date : 2009-10-26

PostSubject: Re: Firefox Browser   Firefox Browser - Page 4 Empty12/7/2013, 01:25

fay47 wrote:
WC

I did not have ie11 but went ahead and installed and had a look.

Up at top  on the right  under the 3 boxes, there are 3 icons - one is a star.  
Click on it  and it will bring up the box with the favorites.
For me it puts it  on the right.  When I click the STAR it's on the right for me also...

On the right for me also...  To close it  I have to press ESC: You can close it by clicking any open space on the page or I can move it to the left  by clicking on the arrow at the upper left of the favorites box. Yes, that little Arrow moves Favorites box to left side & "PINS" it there...

I can not get the wheel  on my mouse to work there no matter which way I open it.  Try pressing the wheel to lock it as when you just want to scroll by moving the mouse, then press wheel again & see if the wheel will scroll the favorites...  

If it is working for you the way you were opening it, maybe it will work this way.  Not sure if it will work with the box on the right or  If you will have to click the arrow to move it to the left.  Opening it as I described opens favorites up on the LEFT SIDE of page.

Post back and let me know if his is what you meant and how it works for you.

I need to know how to remove any "Unwanted" items from off the "Favorites Bar"?   Never mind, just discovered you just mouse over on the item & clicked Delete...
Fay
Back to top Go down
fay47
Royal Geek
Royal Geek
fay47

Number of posts : 1480
Registration date : 2008-10-17
Mood : none

PostSubject: Re: Firefox Browser   Firefox Browser - Page 4 Empty12/7/2013, 01:37

WC,

I am going to forget about the wheel for now.  Might be a problem with my mouse, sometimes it seems to work and sometimes not.  And I have a tendency to move the mouse when I try to use the wheel  Sad   I have  never liked it.

TO get rid of the times.  Try right clicking and then selecting delete.  See if that will work for you.

So is your problem that you had with the favorites solved now?

Fay
Back to top Go down
wcturner
Royal Geek
Royal Geek

PostSubject: Re: Firefox Browser   Firefox Browser - Page 4 Empty12/8/2013, 01:03

still testing & learning......
Back to top Go down
wcturner
Royal Geek
Royal Geek

PostSubject: Re: Firefox Browser   Firefox Browser - Page 4 Empty12/10/2013, 23:31

Repa,
 Is it just me or are you also getting a lot of "Not Responding" & browser crashes from  Firefox 25.0.1?   It seems that every time recently when using FF that's what happens & I wind up using IE11.....I'm thinking about trying to go back to FF 25.0 if I can?........I couldn't find FF 25.0 at Filehippo, so do you know if I could go back or not?.....
Back to top Go down
Repa
Site Administrator
Site Administrator
Repa

Number of posts : 2378
Humor : Age: Older than Dirt!
Registration date : 2008-09-19

PostSubject: Re: Firefox Browser   Firefox Browser - Page 4 Empty12/11/2013, 00:32

Back to top Go down
wcturner
Royal Geek
Royal Geek

PostSubject: Re: Firefox Browser   Firefox Browser - Page 4 Empty12/11/2013, 00:46

Repa,
Will I have to uninstall Firefox 25.0.1, before I go back to FF 25.0?
Back to top Go down
Repa
Site Administrator
Site Administrator
Repa

PostSubject: Re: Firefox Browser   Firefox Browser - Page 4 Empty12/11/2013, 01:58

wcturner wrote:
Repa,
 Will I have to uninstall  Firefox 25.0.1, before I go back to FF 25.0?

Yes, you always have to uninstall when you go back to an earlier version. Only when updating to a newer version is it not usually necessary to uninstall the older version.
Back to top Go down
wcturner
Royal Geek
Royal Geek

PostSubject: Re: Firefox Browser   Firefox Browser - Page 4 Empty12/13/2013, 01:24

Repa,

1.  I opened up FF just a few minutes ago, & up popped a lil window said FF will start momentarily, after updates are installed....well I freaked, knowing that I had stopped auto updates right after the Ver. 16 install & that was when I was auto updated to Ver 25.0.    Then, I calmed down after remembering that 25.0.1 das been failing to respond & crashing, & I don't think I could have stopped the update any way???

2.  After the update, I checked to see what happened, & I had been updated to FF 26.0, so I decide to keep it & see if it will work better than 25.0.1..........At least this short time I've used it, at least it has not crashed or said Not Responding.......

3.  Do you have any idea why FF Updated when I found that the box marked "Ask Before Updating" was still Check marked?
Back to top Go down
Repa
Site Administrator
Site Administrator
Repa

PostSubject: Re: Firefox Browser   Firefox Browser - Page 4 Empty12/13/2013, 01:42

no
Back to top Go down
wcturner
Royal Geek
Royal Geek

PostSubject: Re: Firefox Browser   Firefox Browser - Page 4 Empty12/20/2013, 01:15

Repa & Fay: Are ya'll having problems with Firefox "Not Responding" & Crashing, & if so what are you doing about it?????
Back to top Go down
Repa
Site Administrator
Site Administrator
Repa

PostSubject: Re: Firefox Browser   Firefox Browser - Page 4 Empty12/20/2013, 10:36

No problems with Firefox. If it continues, uninstall it and install again, or install a previous version that wasn't giving you problems. Do you have the latest version 26.0? If not, try that first.
Back to top Go down
wcturner
Royal Geek
Royal Geek

PostSubject: Re: Firefox Browser   Firefox Browser - Page 4 Empty12/20/2013, 13:18

Yes, as I mentioned above I've got 26.0, I had the same not responding issues with 25.0 also, so decided to go ahead with the latest.....I had thought about uninstall it and install again, & that appears what I'll need to try..........
Back to top Go down
wcturner
Royal Geek
Royal Geek

PostSubject: Re: Firefox Browser   Firefox Browser - Page 4 Empty12/24/2013, 01:33

I did the Firefox 26.0 uninstall/ Re-install today......so far...so good....

well, after all that, I musta spoke too soon....began getting "Not Responding" once again!!!.....guess I need another solution..........?
Back to top Go down
Repa
Site Administrator
Site Administrator
Repa

PostSubject: Re: Firefox Browser   Firefox Browser - Page 4 Empty12/24/2013, 11:48

I am having no problems with firefox 26 or IE11. Click Start > Run >type msconfig >OK > click the Startup tab, and if you have more than 2 or 3 things checked, post a screenshot here.

Look at your firefox addons and tell me which plugins and extensions are enabled.
Back to top Go down
wcturner
Royal Geek
Royal Geek

PostSubject: Re: Firefox Browser   Firefox Browser - Page 4 Empty12/24/2013, 12:12

I'll post when I do that, thanks.....

Also, will you please look at my question I posted in your "Warning, Beware Download Mgr." thread?
Back to top Go down
Repa
Site Administrator
Site Administrator
Repa

PostSubject: Re: Firefox Browser   Firefox Browser - Page 4 Empty12/24/2013, 16:30

fay47 wrote:
WC

I did not have ie11 but went ahead and installed and had a look.

Up at top  on the right  under the 3 boxes, there are 3 icons - one is a star.   Click on it  and it will bring up the box with the favorites.
For me it puts it  on the right.  To close it  I have to press ESC or I can move it to the left  by clicking on the arrow at the upper left of the favorites box.

I can not get the wheel  on my mouse to work there no matter which way I open it.   If it is working for you the way you were opening it, maybe it will work this way.  Not sure if it will work with the box on the right or  If you will have to click the arrow to move it to the left.

Post back and let me know if his is what you meant and how it works for you.

Fay
Back to top Go down
wcturner
Royal Geek
Royal Geek

PostSubject: Re: Firefox Browser   Firefox Browser - Page 4 Empty12/24/2013, 16:51

Yeah, I already know about that, but my question was related the configuration of the page shown in your screenshot about this thread "Warning, Beware Download Mgr." Only about the look of that "Page" up at the top showing the Browser configuration & the location of the addons , & in particular the Yellow Star with Favorites next to it on the Favorites Bar.

Do you know version of IE you had in that screenshot? I bet it was IE 8?
Back to top Go down
Repa
Site Administrator
Site Administrator
Repa

PostSubject: Re: Firefox Browser   Firefox Browser - Page 4 Empty12/24/2013, 17:11

that was IE8
Back to top Go down
wcturner
Royal Geek
Royal Geek

PostSubject: Re: Firefox Browser   Firefox Browser - Page 4 Empty12/25/2013, 01:57

1. Click Start > Run >type msconfig ScrShot:

Firefox Browser - Page 4 Startu10

2. Look at your firefox addons and tell me which plugins and extensions are enabled.
Firefox Browser - Page 4 Firefo15

Firefox Browser - Page 4 Ffox_p10

Back to top Go down
Repa
Site Administrator
Site Administrator
Repa

PostSubject: Re: Firefox Browser   Firefox Browser - Page 4 Empty12/25/2013, 02:13

wcturner wrote:
1. Click Start > Run >type msconfig   ScrShot:

Firefox Browser - Page 4 Startu10

2. Look at your firefox addons and tell me which plugins and extensions are enabled.
Firefox Browser - Page 4 Firefo15

Firefox Browser - Page 4 Ffox_p10

Disable Avast Online Security for a while and see if that helps any. If it doesn't make any difference, you can turn it back on. Everything else is ok.
Back to top Go down
wcturner
Royal Geek
Royal Geek

PostSubject: Re: Firefox Browser   Firefox Browser - Page 4 Empty12/25/2013, 23:57

I Disabled Avast Online Security in FF addons & try it for a while & see if there's any diference....
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Firefox Browser   Firefox Browser - Page 4 Empty

Back to top Go down

Firefox Browser
Page 4 of 4Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4