Geeks, Geeks and More Geeks
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

THIS FORUM IS NO LONGER ACTIVE. SORRY! DO NOT ATTEMPT TO REGISTER; YOUR REQUEST WILL NOT BE ACCEPTED.

PortalPortal  HomeHome  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Windows Updates for july 2015

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
wcturner
Royal Geek
Royal Geek

Number of posts : 1165
Humor : Yes
Registration date : 2009-10-26

Windows Updates for july 2015 Empty
PostSubject: Windows Updates for july 2015   Windows Updates for july 2015 Empty7/16/2015, 19:52

1.  There was about 17 updates this time as u know......I finally went ahead and installed them, I do not install Optional updates any more...I don't know if that's a good idea or not,  but the KB3035583 pertaining to the Windows 10 browser update & the GWX folder, was an Optional update, so I decided not to install them any more....Is that a good or bad idea?

2.  I am still not savvy enough to find out if the Windows updates are OK to install or not install...I don't have much luck in that respect....Do you think that all of this month's (July 2015) Windows updates are OK to install, and if any are not OK, I would appreciate it if you would let me know, & I will uninstall the ones that are questionable.....

Thanks very much in advance!
Back to top Go down
Repa
Site Administrator
Site Administrator
Repa

Number of posts : 2378
Humor : Age: Older than Dirt!
Registration date : 2008-09-19

PostSubject: Re: Windows Updates for july 2015   Windows Updates for july 2015 Empty7/16/2015, 20:19

To tell you the truth WC, the last few windows updates I did caused me problems and I had to uninstall most of the updates for .net Framework to fix my problems. I am beginning to get leery of Window updates and am holding off doing any until I have time to look for comments on problems others may be having, which could take me a while since I am busy with other things right now. I don't do optional updates. If you aren't noticing any problems with critical updates, you probably should continue to do them. I don't know if it was just my one computer or what, as I haven't had time to check the other computer to see if the updates I removed on the one are on the other but not causing problems. When I figure this out, I'll post something.
Back to top Go down
wcturner
Royal Geek
Royal Geek

Number of posts : 1165
Humor : Yes
Registration date : 2009-10-26

PostSubject: Re: Windows Updates for july 2015   Windows Updates for july 2015 Empty7/16/2015, 23:22

When I figure this out, I'll post something.

Thanks for the reply!....and I'll be looking for your reply when u post it.....
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Windows Updates for july 2015   Windows Updates for july 2015 Empty

Back to top Go down

Windows Updates for july 2015
Page 1 of 1