A friendly forum to get help and support

PortalPortal  HomeHome  GalleryGallery  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Share | 

windows 10

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
fay47
Royal Geek
Royal Geek

Number of posts : 1480
Registration date : 2008-10-17
Mood : none

PostSubject: windows 10   7/29/2015, 22:43

Repa and WC, I know y'all will probably not be installing Windows 10, but just thought I would post.

I just installed the Win 10 free upgrade on my laptop. At this time, I do not plan on installing on my desktop (this one). The laptop is a backup computer and not used much. I wanted to go ahead and install win 10 on it, so I would have a bit of time to play around and learn a bit about it, before I have to replace this computer with one with WIn 10.

DO you know anything about it yet. Just got it installed. I did not do a clean install I did the upgrade so that it would keep my programs and data. I tried getting into a couple of programs and was able to, but have not messed with them much yet.

I have to figure out how to get around in win 10. It will probably take a while , since I doubt I will spend very long at a time messing with it. I have some other things I am working on.

Do no know if y'all are interested in this or not. But just thought I would post in case you are.

Fay

Back to top Go down
View user profile
fay47
Royal Geek
Royal Geek

PostSubject: Re: windows 10   7/30/2015, 18:30

I have not messed with it much since I installed it, but things seemed to be basically ok.

But, I have a computer savvy FB friend that had problems. It worked ok on her desktop, but she installed on a Surface pro - do not know what model, think she said it was around 900.00. Did not know they cost that much. It messed something up. I think she said it caused the pen not to work, not sure what else. She is planning on starting back to school in 2 or 3 weeks and was going to use it there. She tried fixing herself and I think made it worse. She ended up having to take it in to get it fixed - and said it "kind of" fixed it.
She said she had as computer degree - so I guess about anyone can have trouble.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
wcturner
Royal Geek
Royal Geek

Number of posts : 1163
Humor : Yes
Registration date : 2009-10-26

PostSubject: Re: windows 10   8/1/2015, 00:13

got enough problems without "10".......
Back to top Go down
View user profile
fay47
Royal Geek
Royal Geek

PostSubject: Re: windows 10   8/1/2015, 00:34

WC

I do not blame you. I am not doing it on my main computer. Just did it on my backup computer, so I can start trying to learn about it.

Fay
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Repa
Site Administrator
Site Administrator

Number of posts : 2376
Humor : Age: Older than Dirt!
Registration date : 2008-09-19

PostSubject: Re: windows 10   8/1/2015, 00:35

Fay, I'd be interested in knowing what you think about it after you've had time to play with it some, and how it compares to Windows 7.

fay47
Royal Geek
Royal Geek

PostSubject: Re: windows 10   8/1/2015, 12:40

Repa,

OK, Will let you know after I play around with it some. Do not know when that will be.
I installed on y laptop, that I do not use much, so I could play around with it when I was in the mood.
LOL
I thought that way, maybe I could take a leisurely approach to learning it, before I had to replace my main computer.

Right now I am spending most of my time on other things.

I will let you know after I have messed with it some.

Fay
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: windows 10   

Back to top Go down

windows 10
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1