Geeks, Geeks and More Geeks
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

THIS FORUM IS NO LONGER ACTIVE. SORRY! DO NOT ATTEMPT TO REGISTER; YOUR REQUEST WILL NOT BE ACCEPTED.

PortalPortal  HomeHome  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Photographic Art Commentary

Go down 
AuthorMessage
Repa
Site Administrator
Site Administrator
Repa

Number of posts : 2378
Humor : Age: Older than Dirt!
Registration date : 2008-09-19

Photographic Art Commentary Empty
PostSubject: Photographic Art Commentary   Photographic Art Commentary Empty10/24/2008, 23:01

prophotoimages
Site Admin

Posted: Sun Dec 24, 2006 4:08 pm Post subject: A Commentary on Photographic Art · Quote · Edit · Delete · IP

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Lets open our minds eyes for a moment.

One of the puposes of a "Fine Art Print" is to convey to the viewer the feelings and emotions that was experienced at that particular moment in time. Starting with the image and then utilizing whatever equipment, tools & skills one has in his possession towards attempting to sucessfully achieve that end.

While I personally try never to add anything to an "Image" that wasn't there to begin with..I have and see no problem to removing things. (imperfections for example). That means improversion if necessary. Since it's my image to begin with..I believe it is my right and sometimes necessary to make these changes.

What we sometimes do as a painter is to add to a blank canvas. With film or a digital image..we start with reality and start to subtract. We decide where to stand. The focal length of the lens to use, what is going to be in focus or out of focus. How to frame. The format to use and how to crop afterwards.

These are the means that all photographers have available to them and this is how they create.

But although you may do these things just remember....
Photographs and Images are subjective and therefore all may not like.

Photographic Art Commentary
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Geeks, Geeks and More Geeks :: Photography :: Photography Discussion-
Jump to: