Geeks, Geeks and More Geeks
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

THIS FORUM IS NO LONGER ACTIVE. SORRY! DO NOT ATTEMPT TO REGISTER; YOUR REQUEST WILL NOT BE ACCEPTED.

PortalPortal  HomeHome  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Hi from Switzerland

Go down 
+4
Repa
angelface1961
wwe9112
Salveregina
8 posters
AuthorMessage
Salveregina
New Geek
New Geek

Number of posts : 5
Registration date : 2009-01-24

Hi from Switzerland Empty
PostSubject: Hi from Switzerland   Hi from Switzerland Empty1/25/2009, 03:50

Hi everybody,

Just wanted to give a quick introduction: I am not a geek, I am not a nerd, I am not a tech. I am probably more in the category of scratch

I don't know how to even upload pictures. My username is Salveregina and I moved to Switzerland about 7 months ago although since I"m on aol as I write this, my IP probably shows up as France.

But I have come to get to know pepperpot and she has been such a valuable resource to me - hey I think you need an angel emoticon here!

Pepperpot, the board looks great, I'm going to start a test board and check it out- we also HAVE to move asap - it has become really painful over at the other place.

I have some questions mainly only 2 but I'll look for the appropriate forum to put them in or if you prefer, I"ll e-mail you.

Wishing you great success with the new board and I'll put it on my board. I've got one moderator who probably qualifies as a geek, she can do a lot of stuff I can't.

Best to you all,
Salveregina
Back to top Go down
wwe9112
Royal Geek
Royal Geek

Number of posts : 534
Registration date : 2008-10-23
Mood : mellow

PostSubject: Re: Hi from Switzerland   Hi from Switzerland Empty1/25/2009, 12:44

HA, I could always help you if you need it with anything. I can program, do gfx, and all the good stuff Razz... though I usually am very very slow to getting stuff done...

I'm WWE9112, I'm from West Virginia, which is in the states if I remember right lol... I love wrestling, and hanging here with all these nerds(repa is the biggest one lol) I hope y ou have fun and come back more often! PM me with any questions and what not you have, I'll reply ASAP... I may not be a mod or admin here, but i'm known. I've been with ggmg for 2 years now.

Thanks for joining, and Sam is the best darn thing ever!
Back to top Go down
angelface1961
Royal Geek
Royal Geek
angelface1961

Number of posts : 579
Registration date : 2009-01-10
Mood : fine

PostSubject: Re: Hi from Switzerland   Hi from Switzerland Empty1/25/2009, 12:49

Hi and welcome,

Most of us are not geeks either, but this is a great place to learn. A great place to ask questions. Just recently came back. You are not gonna meet many nicer people than here.

BTW I am from Northern Minnesota about 1 hour from the Canadian Border. It is a balmy -11 F about -23 C. Brrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr! bounce
Back to top Go down
Repa
Site Administrator
Site Administrator
Repa

Number of posts : 2378
Humor : Age: Older than Dirt!
Registration date : 2008-09-19

PostSubject: Re: Hi from Switzerland   Hi from Switzerland Empty1/25/2009, 15:20

Hi Salveregina,

Welcome to our board. I see you were a member on the old board since last October. Hope you'll stick around and drop a line here once in a while.

What prompted you to move to Switzerland, and where did you move from? How do you like it in Switzerland?

wwe9112 wrote:
hanging here with all these nerds(repa is the biggest one lol)

Wwe, Respect lol! Actually, Salveregina, I'm the computer tech here. Sam is better on the webpage and message board stuff, but I do know my way around those areas enough to get by. I'll be able to help with Computer/Operating System problems, Computer Security and Malware problems, MS Office questions and Photography. Fay is also very helpful in some of these areas. Feel free to ask about anything in the appropriate forum. We'll respond asap. Sam has put together a thread that instructs you on how to upload pictures to this message board. You can find it here:

https://geeksgeeksmoregeeks.forumotion.net/board-functions-f12/adding-images-using-the-image-host-on-this-board-t464.htm#686

If we can't answer your questions, we'll refer you to someone who can. Again, Welcome!

Party
Here's the house ban
A rock song for you
Best Wishes
Here's to you!

Last edited by Repa on 1/25/2009, 18:10; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
wwe9112
Royal Geek
Royal Geek

PostSubject: Re: Hi from Switzerland   Hi from Switzerland Empty1/25/2009, 15:52

HAHA, I was just messing with ya Repa Smile... Beena while since I've been in a good mood to joke around Smile... So I figured I'd do it to you for once lol...

Where is Switzerland anyway? I looked at the us map and like couldn't find it lol...I Idi finde Iceland though.
Back to top Go down
fay47
Royal Geek
Royal Geek
fay47

Number of posts : 1480
Registration date : 2008-10-17
Mood : none

PostSubject: Re: Hi from Switzerland   Hi from Switzerland Empty1/25/2009, 16:16

Salveregina

Welcome to the board. You can ask questions on a wide variety of things here. We have a General DIscussion forum for things that don't fit anywhere else. We do have a great bunch of people here. Glad you joined us.

Fay
Back to top Go down
ruthsollid
Royal Geek
Royal Geek
ruthsollid

Number of posts : 492
Registration date : 2008-10-17

PostSubject: Re: Hi from Switzerland   Hi from Switzerland Empty1/25/2009, 22:42

Salveregina,

As you can see, we have a lot of fun here, so WELCOME! I'm probably in the same category as you are... scratch

Pepperpot IS a Little Ange !!!

I'm also from Minnesota, like angelface1961 is, but it's not as cold! (Luckily)

We are happy to have you here!! Welcome! Smile
Back to top Go down
pepperpot
Site Administrator
Site Administrator
pepperpot

Number of posts : 715
Humor : I think I have one
Registration date : 2008-09-19
Mood : pensive

PostSubject: Re: Hi from Switzerland   Hi from Switzerland Empty1/26/2009, 18:55

Well Embarassed Embarassed Embarassed gee everyone!!! Thank you for the kind words

Salveregina wrote:
Just wanted to give a quick introduction: I am not a geek, I am not a nerd, I am not a tech. I am probably more in the category of scratch

What a great intro.... lol! Need not to worry....... you will fit right in as most of us are in that category.... lucky thing we have Repa...... he has the patience of an Ox!

You can post the question here or at my email... what ever is more convenient for you. We are a close & small group here who tries to help out one another, plus everyone's awared of all the frustrations we had at FPB

Anyway...... glad you join and welcome aboard
Back to top Go down
angelface1961
Royal Geek
Royal Geek
angelface1961

Number of posts : 579
Registration date : 2009-01-10
Mood : fine

PostSubject: Re: Hi from Switzerland   Hi from Switzerland Empty1/26/2009, 21:26

WWE sweetie Switzerland is in Europe. Beautiful country based on pictures I have seen.
Back to top Go down
Salveregina
New Geek
New Geek

PostSubject: Re: Hi from Switzerland   Hi from Switzerland Empty2/17/2009, 10:03

Thanks everybody for the warm welcome! Sorry it took me 2 weeks to get back. We are on vacation this week in the mountains.........lots and lots and lots of snow here with avalanche warnings all over the place.

You members from Minnesota - are you Vikings fans?? I'm originally from NY and lived in NJ and most recently in CT before Switzerland (we moved here for DH's job). We are Giants' fans and one year we went to an away game in MN - The Vikings fans were so into the game, I never saw so many people painted up with that crazy Viking helmut!!

So where is Switzerland - Italy is to the south, Germany to the north, France to the east and I think Austria is to the east...........not sure about that myself. Now Iceland is a place I've always wanted to go to. Would be a great place to move to now since the country is completely bankrupt - I bet it would be really cheap to buy something there now.

Well ok - enough of my blah blah blah...........thanks again for the warm and fuzzy welcome especially from some other wanderers from fpb - its a miracle that we're not all on the verge of a nervous breakdown from that place!!

Ok off to find the correct forum for my question.

Hugs to you all,
Salveregina

Last edited by Salveregina on 2/17/2009, 10:04; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : my lousy spelling!)
Back to top Go down
wwe9112
Royal Geek
Royal Geek

PostSubject: Re: Hi from Switzerland   Hi from Switzerland Empty2/17/2009, 17:44

angelface1961 wrote:
WWE sweetie Switzerland is in Europe. Beautiful country based on pictures I have seen.

Oh... My bad, I'm sorry; thanks for clearing that up Razz.

So, like did you have fun in the mountains?
Back to top Go down
Salveregina
New Geek
New Geek

PostSubject: Re: Hi from Switzerland   Hi from Switzerland Empty2/19/2009, 19:38

Yes I am having lots of fun playing in the snow. Hopefully next week, I will be able to post some pictures I took here Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Aloverssunset
Royal Geek
Royal Geek
Aloverssunset

Number of posts : 41
Registration date : 2008-11-13

PostSubject: Re: Hi from Switzerland   Hi from Switzerland Empty4/14/2009, 14:18

Welcome Salveregina, I too am an old fpb user, one of the first to leave because it booted me when I posted. Grrrr, and no one to fix it. Oh well. Nice to see you here, I remember helping you out on the FPB's.. Omnibus.

I am not on here too often, lots has happened in my life and I took a hiatus for a while.

Sam, Repa, Fay, Sheila, Ruth, Wwe ... I will try to be on here more often.

AngelFace1961, nice to meet you too...

Love ya all lots
Sandra
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Hi from Switzerland   Hi from Switzerland Empty

Back to top Go down

Hi from Switzerland
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Geeks, Geeks and More Geeks :: Rules and Guidelines :: Introduce Yourself-