Geeks, Geeks and More Geeks
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

THIS FORUM IS NO LONGER ACTIVE. SORRY! DO NOT ATTEMPT TO REGISTER; YOUR REQUEST WILL NOT BE ACCEPTED.

PortalPortal  HomeHome  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Congratulations Samantha!!

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
ruthsollid
Royal Geek
Royal Geek
ruthsollid

Number of posts : 492
Registration date : 2008-10-17

Congratulations Samantha!! Empty
PostSubject: Congratulations Samantha!!   Congratulations Samantha!! Empty6/3/2009, 12:33

I just LOVE your photo on the Portal page!! What a great picture! BEAUTIFUL!! It's so peaceful!

Good thing that you were in the right place at the right time! Very Happy
Back to top Go down
pepperpot
Site Administrator
Site Administrator
pepperpot

Number of posts : 715
Humor : I think I have one
Registration date : 2008-09-19
Mood : pensive

PostSubject: Re: Congratulations Samantha!!   Congratulations Samantha!! Empty6/3/2009, 15:42

Thank you Ruth, glad you liked it Smile
Back to top Go down
Rike
Site Administrator
Site Administrator

Number of posts : 143
Registration date : 2008-10-21
Mood : fine

PostSubject: Re: Congratulations Samantha!!   Congratulations Samantha!! Empty6/3/2009, 16:40

Very nice photo, Samantha! Where is it? It doesn't look like anything I envision in Venezuela! The color is stunning and the scene is, like Ruth said, very peaceful.
Back to top Go down
http://rikespages.spaces.live.com/
pepperpot
Site Administrator
Site Administrator
pepperpot

PostSubject: Re: Congratulations Samantha!!   Congratulations Samantha!! Empty6/3/2009, 18:59

Rike,

LOL... Venezuela does have gorgeous views! We have some great beaches here! After all... Jimmy Carter comes here every summer to fly fish with his multimillionaire Cuban-Venezuela best-friend... hehe

But yes this photo was taken last year during my visit to Guyana... can you believe that the actual color of the water is brown (silted) and that is indeed a reflection of the sky above!

You may get a better look here

I had posted this video before, plus another. You may find it here
https://geeksgeeksmoregeeks.forumotion.net/video-room-f41/atlantic-ocean-t65.htm

And thank you! Glad you liked it sunny
Back to top Go down
Rike
Site Administrator
Site Administrator

Number of posts : 143
Registration date : 2008-10-21

PostSubject: Re: Congratulations Samantha!!   Congratulations Samantha!! Empty6/3/2009, 20:58

Ah, Samantha, I didn't mean that Venezuela might not have beautiful places - I know it does. Just in my mind, I do not connect the color "blue" to it, rather I'm thinking of Venezuela as green and earthy colored - though I'm sure there are blue waters, too.
Back to top Go down
http://rikespages.spaces.live.com/
pepperpot
Site Administrator
Site Administrator
pepperpot

PostSubject: Re: Congratulations Samantha!!   Congratulations Samantha!! Empty6/3/2009, 23:48

Rike... in a way you are right.

However it all depends where you are living, for example I live in a valley... my surroundings are urban and green at the same time.... but the beach is just a few hours from here in either direction... though its not my cup of tea... Venezuelans love a beach... and you will always find them there... I hate crowds therefore I do not go.. plus I cant stand sand in my tooshie... LOL
Back to top Go down
novice61
Royal Geek
Royal Geek
novice61

Number of posts : 52
Registration date : 2009-05-02

PostSubject: Re: Congratulations Samantha!!   Congratulations Samantha!! Empty6/13/2009, 01:46

Congrats Sam.
Sorry I just now saw this, but have not had my head on straight lately. Something you might enjoy playing around with is a program that adds wave motion to pics and generates a repeating gif file. I have one of a lakeshore as my desktop and get a lot of comments on the movement of the waves. It uses simple lasso tools and is freeware. You can even add rain splashes to the animation.

http://www.xiberpix.net/SqirlzLite.html

Haven't tried it in Vista or 7 yet.
Back to top Go down
pepperpot
Site Administrator
Site Administrator
pepperpot

PostSubject: Re: Congratulations Samantha!!   Congratulations Samantha!! Empty6/13/2009, 23:19

Keith,

Thank you for the link.

I can't help but notice the similitudes of the link you once give a while back
http://www.freepowerboards.com/geeksmore/geeksmore-about561.html

that link direct us to
http://www.xiberpix.net/SqirlzReflect.html

which can do:
Quote :
Sqirlz Water Reflections is a way of adding rippling pools of water, and rain or snow effects, to images or existing AVI videos.

The pools can be animated to give lifelike rippling reflections of the scene above them, and can be of any shape.

Choose from a variety of ripple shapes, and control details such as wave size, perspective, water transparency and flow direction.

The raindrops and snow flakes can be adjusted in many ways, including size, speed, direction, transparency and scene depth effects.

Animations can be saved as Macromedia Flash (SWF) files, animated GIF files, AVI video clips, and sets of bitmap, JPEG, PNG and TIFF files.

Version 2 introduced general rainfall and snowfall effects, and the option of adding reflecting areas of water containing circular (ring) ripples like those seen when rain falls onto water.

So seeing that you have used both what are the differences you find in this Sqirlz Lite 1.4?

Though I think these are cool effects to add to certain photos, I don't think I would want to change this photo for anything animated... if you looked at the video you will see that it is "still" water... thats the beauty of the natural mirror effect I captured
Back to top Go down
novice61
Royal Geek
Royal Geek
novice61

Number of posts : 52
Registration date : 2009-05-02

PostSubject: Re: Congratulations Samantha!!   Congratulations Samantha!! Empty6/14/2009, 03:55

I agree that the photo would be very difficult to improve upon. It's just fun to see different variations of water scenes. It's also quite cool as a wallpaper and draws comments. I have a shot of very calm water that clearly shows the rocky bottom of the lake. When I added the animation it even rippled the rocks below the surface as water would naturally refract the light.

The lite version has most of the tools you would need for casual reworking of pics. It's less demanding on resources also.
Back to top Go down
pepperpot
Site Administrator
Site Administrator
pepperpot

PostSubject: Re: Congratulations Samantha!!   Congratulations Samantha!! Empty6/15/2009, 17:45

novice61 wrote:
I have a shot of very calm water that clearly shows the rocky bottom of the lake. When I added the animation it even rippled the rocks below the surface as water would naturally refract the light.

The lite version has most of the tools you would need for casual reworking of pics. It's less demanding on resources also.

That sounds very cool. Thanks for the tips!
Back to top Go down
pepperpot
Site Administrator
Site Administrator
pepperpot

PostSubject: Re: Congratulations Samantha!!   Congratulations Samantha!! Empty7/11/2009, 18:31

novice61 wrote:
Congrats Sam.
Sorry I just now saw this, but have not had my head on straight lately. Something you might enjoy playing around with is a program that adds wave motion to pics and generates a repeating gif file. I have one of a lakeshore as my desktop and get a lot of comments on the movement of the waves. It uses simple lasso tools and is freeware. You can even add rain splashes to the animation.

http://www.xiberpix.net/SqirlzLite.html

Haven't tried it in Vista or 7 yet.

Well Keith I did it... I downloaded the SqirlzLite... now tell me how to use the thing... lol... I can't make heads or tails of it lol!

and I do have Vista and 7... haven't seen anything out of ordinary with it scratch it puzzles me... why would you mention it? Its an application that runs on its own
Back to top Go down
Sheila
Global Moderator
Global Moderator
Sheila

Number of posts : 165
Registration date : 2008-10-18

PostSubject: Re: Congratulations Samantha!!   Congratulations Samantha!! Empty9/13/2009, 15:15

Samantha....sorry I missed this but congradulations....

hugs,
Sheila
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Congratulations Samantha!!   Congratulations Samantha!! Empty

Back to top Go down

Congratulations Samantha!!
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Geeks, Geeks and More Geeks :: Photography :: Photography Discussion-
Jump to: