A friendly forum to get help and support

PortalPortal  HomeHome  GalleryGallery  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Share | 

HP Pavilion Entertainment PC inbuilt webcam

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
pepperpot
Site Administrator
Site Administrator

Number of posts : 715
Humor : I think I have one
Registration date : 2008-09-19
Mood : pensive

PostSubject: HP Pavilion Entertainment PC inbuilt webcam   6/6/2009, 20:32

Recently, I have been having intermitent problems with my built in webcam on my HP Pavilion laptop

I found this very informative thread and how to use the Device Manager for Vista, plus the updating on drivers

Mr.Byte wrote:
Go to Vista Start Button and Type ‘Device Manager’ and from the programs list click Device Manager. From the list see if you have anything name Imaging devices. Expand it and see if you have HP webcam. If you dont have it then you might have to call HP or download webcam Driver from HP website (see my other post for Drivers for HP Pavilion DV6500). If its there then you have to update the driver as it may be corrupted.

You may read more about built the built-in-cam here:

http://www.lytebyte.com/2008/06/15/how-to-use-inbuilt-webcam-in-hp-pavilion-entertainment-pc-to-record-videos-and-snapshot/

I have not updated my driver as yet, cause as stated above its working off and on and I have had no time these days. Plus something in me thinks this problem has to do with the recent Vista updates.. and really I do not use the web cam, but I will be monitoring it from now on!
Back to top Go down
View user profile

HP Pavilion Entertainment PC inbuilt webcam
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1