A friendly forum to get help and support

PortalPortal  HomeHome  GalleryGallery  FAQFAQ  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Share | 

Trojan Found

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage

PostSubject: Trojan Found   8/16/2009, 23:59

Hey, Repa,

Has anyone else found this Trojan?

Today A-Squared found the following in Safe Mode:

Trojan -Dropper.Win32.VB!IK When I clicked on the trojan in the box when it was found here's the path it showed: C:AmdWin\BenchControlBENC Trojan This trojan was listed as"High Risk"

Next was10 references to: TraceRegistry.Network "Medium Risk"

And One Tracking was listed.

Let me see if I can pull up the screenshot. It looks like the screenshot didn't work, can't find it.

As mentioned, I was in Safe Mode. Repa can you post a link here on how to do a screenshot in safe mode?

Anyway, I put the Trojan in quarentine. Have you had this trojan? Trojan -Dropper.Win32.VB!IK

Do I need to do anything else about this?

Thanks, Repa
Back to top Go down
Repa
Site Administrator
Site Administrator

Number of posts : 2376
Humor : Age: Older than Dirt!
Registration date : 2008-09-19

PostSubject: Re: Trojan Found   8/18/2009, 15:25

wcturner wrote:
Hey, Repa,

Has anyone else found this Trojan?

Today A-Squared found the following in Safe Mode:

Trojan -Dropper.Win32.VB!IK When I clicked on the trojan in the box when it was found here's the path it showed: C:AmdWin\BenchControlBENC Trojan This trojan was listed as"High Risk"

Next was10 references to: TraceRegistry.Network "Medium Risk"

As mentioned, I was in Safe Mode. Repa can you post a link here on how to do a screenshot in safe mode?

Anyway, I put the Trojan in quarentine. Have you had this trojan? Trojan -Dropper.Win32.VB!IK

You do a printscrn in safe mode the same as in normal mode. Follow the directions in safe mode that are given here:

http://geeksgeeksmoregeeks.forumotion.net/board-functions-f12/how-to-make-and-post-screen-shots-t14.htm

and then return to normal mode to post the .jpg file you create.

If you have a log from a-squared, (access from inside a-squared) copy it and post it here. If you have a report from a-squared (usually found in the folder c:\My Documents\a-squared Free\Reports), then copy it and post it here as well.

Are you familiar with what BenchControlBENC is on your C drive? Is this something you put there? What is the date modified showing for BenchControlBENC? If you right-click on BENC and click on Properties, what information is given about BenchControlBENC?

A-squared free sometimes give false positives. Is your computer running slow or are you having problems that weren't apparent previously?

Trojan Found
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1