Geeks, Geeks and More Geeks
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

THIS FORUM IS NO LONGER ACTIVE. SORRY! DO NOT ATTEMPT TO REGISTER; YOUR REQUEST WILL NOT BE ACCEPTED.

PortalPortal  HomeHome  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Microsoft Publishing

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
angelface1961
Royal Geek
Royal Geek
angelface1961

Number of posts : 579
Registration date : 2009-01-10
Mood : fine

Microsoft Publishing Empty
PostSubject: Microsoft Publishing   Microsoft Publishing Empty10/9/2009, 13:32

Hi

One of the jobs I am looking at says they want someone who knows about MS Publishing... I have learned it is not available at the library or the MN Workforce sites. WHere would be my best option to get acess to this? Seeing as how I do not have my own computer yet.. $$$$ are there close alternatives? Does open office have anything? Was just curious..

What does it do?
THanks
Back to top Go down
Repa
Site Administrator
Site Administrator
Repa

Number of posts : 2378
Humor : Age: Older than Dirt!
Registration date : 2008-09-19

Microsoft Publishing Empty
PostSubject: Re: Microsoft Publishing   Microsoft Publishing Empty10/9/2009, 14:24

Microsoft Publisher can be purchased for $170 for the full version at places like staples, or it comes with Microsoft Office Small Business Edition, which includes Microsoft Office Word 2007, Microsoft Office Excel 2007, Microsoft Office PowerPoint 2007, Microsoft Office Outlook 2007 with Business Contact Manager, Microsoft Office Accounting Express 2008, and Microsoft Office Publisher 2007. I've seen this on Amazon.com for around $300, a good price (about $150-250 off regular price), depending on where you might find it locally (like Staples). If you are going to buy a new computer, some companies like Dell will offer it as a software option at a lower price than if you purchase it separately elsewhere.

To my knowledge, Open Office doesn't have a similar capability. It has the basic word, spreadsheet, presentation and draw capability, and thai't about it.
Back to top Go down

Microsoft Publishing
Page 1 of 1