Geeks, Geeks and More Geeks
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

THIS FORUM IS NO LONGER ACTIVE. SORRY! DO NOT ATTEMPT TO REGISTER; YOUR REQUEST WILL NOT BE ACCEPTED.

PortalPortal  HomeHome  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  

E-Cards by the members of GG&MG

Go down 
AuthorMessage
GG&MG
Site Administrator
Site Administrator
GG&MG

Number of posts : 197
Registration date : 2008-09-19

E-Cards by the members of GG&MG Empty
PostSubject: E-Cards by the members of GG&MG   E-Cards by the members of GG&MG Empty9/25/2008, 00:17

As you all know, we have our own free ecard/postcard maker. However, it's for members only. Check it out; it's in the portal (home) page.

We have space to showcase 20 pictures and 20 backgrounds. This is a nice way to not only advertise our board, but to show what we are learning. I hope that - with the images you will see in there - you will be inspired to add some of your own images and card creations, or just share a favorite verse or poem.

I believe that we can always have the following categories present:

• Birthday cards,
• Anniversaries – Love cards,
• Get Well cards,
• Thank you cards,
• Friendship - Thinking about you cards, and
• Anytime cards,

or any other category you would like to add. We can rotate the holiday/season cards. We can even leave the most popular cards on display all the time.

To add a card of your own, you can either give me the URL of where you have your creation stored, or email the image to me. If you only have a favorite verse to share, but no image, no problem; perhaps another member may have an image, but no verse. In this way, we will all be working as a team. Each masterpiece shall have the name of the member that submitted the work on it, whether it has to do with image or verse. The images must be in JPG or GIF format. I think we can use animated images, too.

The dimensions required for images or card creations submitted are as follows:

The images must be at least 310 pixels wide by 250 pixels tall, but no larger than 637 pixels wide by 404 pixels tall.

One can personalize the ecard/postcard to be sent by changing the background, changing text color, adding a special effect, and even adding music. Plus, when the card is sent, the person sending the card will receive an email notification that the card has been sent, including a copy of the message and a link to view the card. The person receiving the card will receive an email message advising them of the ecard/postcard sent by one of you, and the message will include directions on how to pick up the card, as well as a link to view the card.

So what do you say, my fellow geeks, shall we give it a go? Valentine’s Day, Carnival and Easter are just around the corner. This is an on-going project, because we will be rotating the cards or changing them to always have a fresh look.

This project requires teamwork, so your inputs and suggestions are valued.
Back to top Go down
https://geeksgeeksmoregeeks.forumotion.net

E-Cards by the members of GG&MG
Page 1 of 1