Geeks, Geeks and More Geeks
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

THIS FORUM IS NO LONGER ACTIVE. SORRY! DO NOT ATTEMPT TO REGISTER; YOUR REQUEST WILL NOT BE ACCEPTED.

PortalPortal  HomeHome  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Google

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
angelface1961
Royal Geek
Royal Geek
angelface1961

Number of posts : 579
Registration date : 2009-01-10
Mood : fine

Google Empty
PostSubject: Google   Google Empty6/11/2010, 13:48

Today Google has disabled my gmail account, my calendar and my You Tube account. All 3 are under separate names. But they must all be linked somehow to my gmail account. They wanted to send me a text message or a voice mail with an authorization number which did not work. They said to click a link to request more information. This is the account that I get all my work and unemployment information. My calendar is the calendar I use for just about everything. Youtube is not a big deal but it is just a hassle. Am waiting for more information from them, but wondering if anyone heard anything here.
Back to top Go down
Repa
Site Administrator
Site Administrator
Repa

Number of posts : 2378
Humor : Age: Older than Dirt!
Registration date : 2008-09-19

Google Empty
PostSubject: Re: Google   Google Empty6/12/2010, 11:11

Holly, nothing has happened to my gmail, as of yet, anyway. I've had the gmail account for a long time, probably 5 - 7 years. I did a google on your problem and came up with the following - hope it helps:

Your account has probably been hacked.

The instructions to solve your isssue are in these two links:

http://mail.google.com/support/bin/answer.py?hl=en&answer=6567

For support

http://mail.google.com/support/bin/answer.py?hl=en&answer=46346

Here's something else about youtube and gmail and using copyright material (videos that you didn't film yourself but used other people's work that might relate to your problem):

http://www.google.com/support/forum/p/youtube/thread?tid=7973196fdd6ef503&hl=en
Back to top Go down
angelface1961
Royal Geek
Royal Geek
angelface1961

Google Empty
PostSubject: Re: Google   Google Empty6/12/2010, 14:36

I finally got a text message last night that had a code that worked. It now has my google and you tube accounts linked. I would have abandoned the account but ti has all my work stuff for my Demonstration job on it. Will have to look at getting that changed.

Alright I understand about the copyright stuff, but was told when I did it that I just had to credit it in the video somewhere where I got the images and who the song was by. I deleted all but the one I have to leave posted yet. Will have to research where to access music that I am allowed to use in a video.

Thanks for your help.
Back to top Go down
angelface1961
Royal Geek
Royal Geek
angelface1961

Google Empty
PostSubject: Re: Google   Google Empty6/12/2010, 22:36

Ok I got hacked. There were a couple strange emails that went out to my "friends list". Most of my friends list on Google are not returnable addresses so hopefully no one opened them. Sad
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Google Empty
PostSubject: Re: Google   Google Empty

Back to top Go down

Google
Page 1 of 1