Open Software Updater is a PUP (potentially unwanted program)/adware that can result in a variety of computer problems on a PC. Open Software Updater may be used for gathering the computer user's Internet surfing information such as the PC user's search requests, websites visited and time spent on those websites.
I don’t know whether Open Software Updater is actually on your system or not but you can look in Programs and Features and see if it is and uninstall it if it is.
You can stop the popup by adding the URL to the Hosts file:
1. Go to the Hosts file at the following path: C:\Windows\System32\drivers\etc\ and right click on hosts, then select properties.
2. On the General tab, uncheck “Read-Only” and click Ok. The properties window will close.
3. Left click on the Hosts file and select notepad in the window that appears and click ok. Hosts will open in notepad.
4. On the first page after the last # sign, go to the end of that line, click there to put your cursor at the end of the line and press enter to insert a line.
5. on that new line type the following:
You should see similar lines below this that you can use as a guide. This should stop the popup from appearing on whatever website you are accessing when this popup shows itself. I would stop going to whatever website you are on when you see this popup appear.
6. Click on “File” on the menu bar and select “Save”. Close the Hosts file and then right click on it and select properties. Recheck the box next to “Read-Only” on the General tab and click ok.
Set a new Restore point and then run the following programs and remove whatever they find:
Adwcleaner – download at https://toolslib.net/downloads/viewdownload/1-adwcleaner/
MalwareBytes – you already have this – run a full scan
Hitman Pro - download at http://www.majorgeeks.com/files/details/hitman_pro.html
Be sure you select the 64 Bit file, not the 32 Bit file
When it has finished, it will display a list of all the malware that the program found. Click on the “Next” button. Click on the “Activate free license” button to begin the free 30 days trial, and then remove all the malicious files from your computer that Hitman Pro finds.