Geeks, Geeks and More Geeks
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

THIS FORUM IS NO LONGER ACTIVE. SORRY! DO NOT ATTEMPT TO REGISTER; YOUR REQUEST WILL NOT BE ACCEPTED.

PortalPortal  HomeHome  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  

The Sharing in Marriage

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
Repa
Site Administrator
Site Administrator
Repa

Number of posts : 2378
Humor : Age: Older than Dirt!
Registration date : 2008-09-19

The Sharing in Marriage Empty
PostSubject: The Sharing in Marriage   The Sharing in Marriage Empty11/4/2010, 22:43

The Sharing in Marriage

The old man placed an order for one hamburger, French fries and a drink.

He unwrapped the plain hamburger and carefully cut it in half, placing one half in front of his wife.

He then carefully counted out the French fries, dividing them into two piles and neatly placed one pile in front of his wife.

He took a sip of the drink, his wife took a sip and then set the cup down between them . As he began to eat his few bites of hamburger, the people around them were looking over and whispering.

Obviously they were thinking, 'That poor old couple - all they can afford is one meal for the two of them.'

As the man began to eat his fries a young man came to the table and politely offered to buy another meal for the old couple. The old man said, they were just fine - they were used to sharing everything

People closer to the table noticed the little old lady hadn't eaten a bite. She sat there watching her husband eat and occasionally taking turns sipping the drink.

Again, the young man came over and begged them to let him buy another meal for them.
This time the old woman said 'No, thank you, we are used to sharing everything.'

Finally, as the old man finished and was wiping his face neatly with the napkin, the young man again came over to the little old lady who had yet to eat a single bite of food and asked 'What is it you are waiting for?'

She answered --

'THE TEETH.'

Is this what we have to look forward to? Shocked Shocked Shocked

Back to top Go down
fay47
Royal Geek
Royal Geek
fay47

Number of posts : 1480
Registration date : 2008-10-17
Mood : none

PostSubject: Re: The Sharing in Marriage   The Sharing in Marriage Empty11/4/2010, 22:51

LOL

Fay
Back to top Go down
fay47
Royal Geek
Royal Geek
fay47

PostSubject: Re: The Sharing in Marriage   The Sharing in Marriage Empty11/5/2010, 11:34

Not only was the above story very funny, it brought back and old memory.

Back when I was in high school, school lunches were 35 cents. So, that is what I got for lunch money. I could either use it to eat in the school cafeteria or to go somewhere else (within walking distance) and get something.

At that time a hamburger was 25 cents, an order of fries 25 cents, and a cola in a cup 10 cents.

I had a friend that had the same amount to eat on as I did and sometimes we had lunch together. This was back in the days when I still ate meat. I really wanted a hamburger, fries and a cola but could not afford it. My friend was in the same situation. So. one of us would order a hamburger and cola. The other would order fries and a cola. We would then spit the hamburger and fries.

Worked for us.
Smile

Fay
Back to top Go down
pepperpot
Site Administrator
Site Administrator
pepperpot

Number of posts : 715
Humor : I think I have one
Mood : pensive

PostSubject: Re: The Sharing in Marriage   The Sharing in Marriage Empty11/5/2010, 21:43

awwwnnn Fay Surprised
Back to top Go down
Repa
Site Administrator
Site Administrator
Repa

Number of posts : 2378
Humor : Age: Older than Dirt!

PostSubject: Re: The Sharing in Marriage   The Sharing in Marriage Empty11/5/2010, 23:37

I can remember when I could get a hamburger and coke at the Cozy Grill in my neighborhood for a quarter when I was a teenager. If I made it a hotdog, fries and drink, it was 35 cents. We could make a small meal out of a Neihi grape and a pack of peanuts or a pack of Nabs for a dime. I saw gas at $0.10 a gallon during the gas wars, and could drive to school for 3 or more days on a quarter's worth of gas. A loaf of bread was a dime, and I could fill a large, paper grocery sack full of food for about $3 dollars. My mom would give me $5 and there was always at least a dollar and change to bring home. Had to walk to the store and back, and that grocery sack was full enough with food that my arms ached by the time I got home. Those were the days!
Back to top Go down
ruthsollid
Royal Geek
Royal Geek
ruthsollid

Number of posts : 492

PostSubject: Re: The Sharing in Marriage   The Sharing in Marriage Empty11/25/2010, 23:13

I didn't see the punch line coming at all! I kept feeling so sad for them! Good one!

Fay, that was resourceful of you and your friend, but sad. I guess that is how it is for most high school kids though. Sad
Back to top Go down
fay47
Royal Geek
Royal Geek
fay47

PostSubject: Re: The Sharing in Marriage   The Sharing in Marriage Empty11/26/2010, 00:35

Ruth,

No, it really was not sad as you just just the way it was for most of us. We got enough to eat in the school cafeteria and it was up to us how to use it. Smile

Fay
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: The Sharing in Marriage   The Sharing in Marriage Empty

Back to top Go down

The Sharing in Marriage
Page 1 of 1