Geeks, Geeks and More Geeks
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

THIS FORUM IS NO LONGER ACTIVE. SORRY! DO NOT ATTEMPT TO REGISTER; YOUR REQUEST WILL NOT BE ACCEPTED.

PortalPortal  HomeHome  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  

question about my new all in one - concerning fax

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
fay47
Royal Geek
Royal Geek
fay47

Number of posts : 1480
Registration date : 2008-10-17
Mood : none

question about my new all in one -  concerning fax Empty
PostSubject: question about my new all in one - concerning fax   question about my new all in one -  concerning fax Empty4/30/2013, 17:10

My new all in one is a wireless canon pixma mx922.

I have never even used a fax, but I wanted another feature that I could not seem to find without getting a fax also. Since I have it I would kind of at least like to get it set up so I could use it if I wanted to.

Do they work thru the phone line like a regular fax - so that long distance fees would be involved. And would that mean if at some time - I did away with my regular home phone and went for cable phone it would not work?

Fay

Back to top Go down
Repa
Site Administrator
Site Administrator
Repa

Number of posts : 2378
Humor : Age: Older than Dirt!
Registration date : 2008-09-19

PostSubject: Re: question about my new all in one - concerning fax   question about my new all in one -  concerning fax Empty5/1/2013, 09:00

They work on a regular phone line like a regular fax, sending and receiving in exactly the same way. You can send a fax from your computer too, but I've never looked into how to do it. I've used my all-in-ones to send/receive faxes, but it has been a long time since I did. When we were being charged for long distance calls (I don't have long distance charges anymore), I don't remember being charged for sending a fax. I don't know if it works with cable phone or not. As far as setup, if you didn't get a full user's guide with the printer, go online to Canon technical support download section, find your printer and download the user guide pdf for instructions on how to setup and use the fax both manually at the machine and from the computer, and it will tell you about using all the other features of your printer and scanner as well.
Back to top Go down
fay47
Royal Geek
Royal Geek
fay47

Number of posts : 1480
Registration date : 2008-10-17
Mood : none

PostSubject: Re: question about my new all in one - concerning fax   question about my new all in one -  concerning fax Empty5/1/2013, 16:58

Repa,

I may just forget about the FAX, at least for now. DO no know when I would ever need it. After I retire and have time on my hands, I may try to look into it then. But I don't know who I would test it out with. And not sure if I will keep my regular phone or not.

Thanks
Fay
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: question about my new all in one - concerning fax   question about my new all in one -  concerning fax Empty

Back to top Go down

question about my new all in one - concerning fax
Page 1 of 1