Geeks, Geeks and More Geeks
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

THIS FORUM IS NO LONGER ACTIVE. SORRY! DO NOT ATTEMPT TO REGISTER; YOUR REQUEST WILL NOT BE ACCEPTED.

PortalPortal  HomeHome  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Protecting Photos Displayed in Browsers

Go down 
AuthorMessage
Repa
Site Administrator
Site Administrator
Repa

Number of posts : 2378
Humor : Age: Older than Dirt!
Registration date : 2008-09-19

Protecting Photos Displayed in Browsers Empty
PostSubject: Protecting Photos Displayed in Browsers   Protecting Photos Displayed in Browsers Empty10/28/2008, 22:37

pepperpot
Site Admin

Posted: Fri Jul 11, 2008 1:46 pm Post subject: Need all to do me a favor · Quote · Edit · Delete · IP

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Hi everyone,

I need a favor from you all.

I need you to experiment with the Photo on the Portal by trying all means to copy it and report back into this thread.

You must try to copy it using your browser(s) and pasting it in what ever program you can think of using (Paint, Word, Outlook, Dreamweaver, etc)

You must state what browser you tried and what program you copy it to and how - If successful

I have coded a "protection" to the image - You should get a blank image which is the protection, but if you do indeed get the actual photo (Cane Fields) please report your process.

Thank you

Ps. I will explain the coding later

"Spirituality is not religion, religion divides people. Believing in something unites"

Back to top · Profile · PM · Email · WWW

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

ruthsollid
Royal Geek

Posted: Fri Jul 11, 2008 2:29 pm Post subject: · Quote · Edit · Delete · IP

I was unsuccessful...your copyrighting worked!! I tried copying it into an AOL email, Paint, Dreamweaver, Publisher and Word...they all pasted the blank image.

I hope that these are the results that you were hoping for!

Sheila

Posted: Fri Jul 11, 2008 3:33 pm Post subject: · Quote · Edit · Delete · IP

Your copyright worked well. I could not save the photo of copy it and paste it in an email using Microsoft Office and Word. It just saved blank The same think when I tried to copy it. It showed no image at all. I used IE6 as my browser.

I'll try again the next time I open Photoshop but I do not think it will work...You must teach us this one when you have time...Samantha you are learning so much...

"You will find as you look back upon your life that the moments when you have really lived are the moments when you have done things in the spirit of love.” ...
"Henry Drummond"

fay47
Royal Geek

Posted: Fri Jul 11, 2008 3:50 pm Post subject: · Quote · Edit · Delete · IP

The copy and paste gave me a blank image. But I was able to get it in a round about way. I dispayed the soruce for the page - got the url from there and got it from imageshack.

Fay

Back to top · Profile · PM · Email

Sheila

Posted: Fri Jul 11, 2008 4:12 pm Post subject: · Quote · Edit · Delete · IP

I was able to get it the same way Fay did...

"You will find as you look back upon your life that the moments when you have really lived are the moments when you have done things in the spirit of love.” ...
"Henry Drummond"

wwe9112
Royal Geek

Posted: Fri Jul 11, 2008 4:45 pm Post subject: · Quote · Edit · Delete · IP

I don't get it? Do we paist it here or on paint into firefox or what? That's what got me lost. Do you want us to open it up on firefox sing paint?

Back to top · Profile · PM · Email · MSN

fay47
Royal Geek

Posted: Fri Jul 11, 2008 4:50 pm Post subject: · Quote · Edit · Delete · IP

wwe,

She has fixed it so that you should not be able to copy it, but she wants us to see if we can. She said to try to copy it and past it in any program we think we can.

Fay

Back to top · Profile · PM · Email

wwe9112
Royal Geek

Posted: Fri Jul 11, 2008 4:58 pm Post subject: · Quote · Edit · Delete · IP

It won't work for me I tried on wordpress cause I know I can use the wysiwyg, and it will tkae almost anything, but that it didn't How did you do that?

Back to top · Profile · PM · Email · MSN

pepperpot
Site Admin

Posted: Fri Jul 11, 2008 7:15 pm Post subject: · Quote · Edit · Delete · IP

Thank you all!!

Btw… did anyone of you try it with Firefox or any other browser other than IE and AOL?

Fay… I knew you would get it!!

Ok here is how its done

You know how we go around right-clicking and select either “save picture as” or “copy” from the popup menu? Well instead of saving the viewed image, another one would be saved instead.

Wwe… it’s all in tables

You place the image to be displayed into a table as the background for the table and then place a transparent image in front of it as the table content. So that anyone saving the image will be saving the transparent image and not the background one.

One can only hope that whoever is ripping, won’t notice that they have saved the wrong image until much later.

… or they can come back and do it like Fay

I cannot take the credit for this one, it’s a nifty trick I picked up from the web - don’t ya’ll think!

Here is the code:
Hidden Message:
Code:

cellpadding="0" border="0">
width="depending on image size" height="depending on image size" alt="what ever you want here" />

There is no way to protect anything in web pages from being stolen, but at least you can make them work a little. I have researched a lot on this topic and the only true solution is making your images so small that people would not care to steal it.

"Spirituality is not religion, religion divides people. Believing in something unites"

Last edited by pepperpot on Fri Jul 11, 2008 7:22 pm; edited 1 time in total

wwe9112
Royal Geek

Posted: Fri Jul 11, 2008 7:18 pm Post subject: · Quote · Edit · Delete · IP

That's why WP couldn't do it then cause it cant see background images. It grabs whats in the td text.
Back to top Go down

Protecting Photos Displayed in Browsers
Page 1 of 1