Geeks, Geeks and More Geeks
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

THIS FORUM IS NO LONGER ACTIVE. SORRY! DO NOT ATTEMPT TO REGISTER; YOUR REQUEST WILL NOT BE ACCEPTED.

PortalPortal  HomeHome  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  

The Ant and the Grasshopper

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
Repa
Site Administrator
Site Administrator
Repa

Number of posts : 2378
Humor : Age: Older than Dirt!
Registration date : 2008-09-19

The Ant and the Grasshopper Empty
PostSubject: The Ant and the Grasshopper   The Ant and the Grasshopper Empty9/30/2009, 22:47

THE ANT AND THE GRASSHOPPER

This one is a little different...
Two Different Versions! ................. Two Different Morals!

OLD VERSION: The ant works hard in the withering heat all summer long,
building his house and laying up supplies for the winter.

The grasshopper thinks the ant is a fool and laughs and dances and plays the summer away.

Come winter, the ant is warm and well fed.

The grasshopper has no food or shelter, so he dies out in the cold.

MORAL OF THE STORY: Be responsible for yourself!

MODERN VERSION:

The ant works hard in the withering heat all summer long, building his house and laying up supplies for the winter.

The grasshopper thinks the ant is a fool and laughs and dances and plays the summer away.

Come winter, the shivering grasshopper calls a press conference and demands to know why the ant
should be allowed to be warm and well fed while others are cold and starving.

CBS, NBC , PBS, CNN, and ABC show up to provide pictures of the shivering grasshopper next to a
video of the ant in his comfortable home with a table filled with food.

America is stunned by the sharp contrast.

How can this be, that in a country of such wealth, this poor grasshopper is allowed to suffer so?

Kermit the Frog appears on Oprah with the grasshopper and everybody cries when they sing,
'It's Not Easy Being Green.'

Acorn stages a demonstration in front of the ant 's house
where the news stations film the group singing, 'We shall overcome.'
Rev. Wright then has the group kneel down to pray to God for the grasshopper's sake.

Nancy Pelosi & Harry Reid exclaim in an interview with Larry King that the ant has gotten rich off the back
of the grasshopper, and both call for an immediate tax hike on the ant to make him pay his fair share.

Finally, the EEOC drafts the Economic Equity & Anti-Grasshopper Act retroactive to the beginning of the summer.

The ant is fined for failing to hire a proportionate number of green bugs and, having nothing left to pay his retroactive taxes, his home is confiscated by the Government Green Czar.

The story ends as we see the grasshopper finishing up the last bits of the ant’s food while the government house
he is in, which just happens to be the ant's old house in Chicago, is now crumbling around him because he doesn't maintain it; a property once managed by Valerie Jarrett, long time friend, consigliere and closest advisor (Czar) of Obama, who had to get an ethics waiver in order to become part of his administration.

The ant has disappeared in the snow.

The grasshopper is found dead in a drug related incident
and the house, now abandoned, is taken over by a gang of spiders
who terrorize the once peaceful neighborhood.

MORAL OF THE STORY: Be careful how you vote in 2010, or you could end up like this ant!
Back to top Go down
fay47
Royal Geek
Royal Geek
fay47

Number of posts : 1480
Registration date : 2008-10-17
Mood : none

PostSubject: Re: The Ant and the Grasshopper   The Ant and the Grasshopper Empty9/30/2009, 23:30

It seems like there should be some way of helping the grasshoppers that actually need it without destroying the ants. But I guess no one has been able to figure it out and maybe never will.

I know some people think the help is already there for those who need it, but sometimes it is not.
But, destroying incentive is not the way. So, I certainly do not have any answers.

I have listened to both sides of the health care issue and get kind of frustarted with both sides. I feel like I am being pulled 2 ways and I don't want to go either way No

Fay
Back to top Go down
ruthsollid
Royal Geek
Royal Geek
ruthsollid

Number of posts : 492
Registration date : 2008-10-17

PostSubject: Re: The Ant and the Grasshopper   The Ant and the Grasshopper Empty10/1/2009, 10:00

It's sad that we have come to this in this country!

I like the first version A LOT better! Wink
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: The Ant and the Grasshopper   The Ant and the Grasshopper Empty

Back to top Go down

The Ant and the Grasshopper
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Geeks, Geeks and More Geeks :: Community Lounge :: Funny stuff - Jokes - Links - Images-
Jump to: