Geeks, Geeks and More Geeks
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

THIS FORUM IS NO LONGER ACTIVE. SORRY! DO NOT ATTEMPT TO REGISTER; YOUR REQUEST WILL NOT BE ACCEPTED.

PortalPortal  HomeHome  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Backups Using Windows Own Tools

Go down 
AuthorMessage
Repa
Site Administrator
Site Administrator
Repa

Number of posts : 2378
Humor : Age: Older than Dirt!
Registration date : 2008-09-19

Backups Using Windows Own Tools Empty
PostSubject: Backups Using Windows Own Tools   Backups Using Windows Own Tools Empty10/14/2008, 11:23

Here's a link to "No-Brainer Backups Using Windows' Own Tools" By Scott Dunn, PC World

Five options for implementing a Windows backup strategy without investing a dime in third-party utilities.

http://tech.msn.com/searchresults.aspx?cp-searchtext=backups%20using%20windows
Back to top Go down
Repa
Site Administrator
Site Administrator
Repa

Number of posts : 2378
Humor : Age: Older than Dirt!
Registration date : 2008-09-19

Backups Using Windows Own Tools Empty
PostSubject: Re: Backups Using Windows Own Tools   Backups Using Windows Own Tools Empty10/14/2008, 11:31

novice57
Site Admin

Posted: Sat Jan 27, 2007 9:04 pm Post subject: · Quote · Edit · Delete · IP

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Having to make backups of several systems with different OS's lead me to choose drive imaging to accomplish the chore. By creating an image of each data storage drive (I don't backup system and application files) and moving it to a dedicated drive pair on a raid server I can be fairly assured of the redundancy protection. The newest images are also burned onto DVD weekly and monthly images are transfered to online storage and then burned to DVD at a remote location as well. Quarter end images are stored in bank lock box's in two locations for tax purposes.

This may seem extreme to most casual users, but having lost all data from a critical drive once taught me that you can't have too much redundancy or too many backups. The IRS doesn't care about why you can't produce data if your drive goes down.
Back to top Go down

Backups Using Windows Own Tools
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Geeks, Geeks and More Geeks :: Windows Computer Help :: Computer Discussion-
Jump to: