Geeks, Geeks and More Geeks
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

THIS FORUM IS NO LONGER ACTIVE. SORRY! DO NOT ATTEMPT TO REGISTER; YOUR REQUEST WILL NOT BE ACCEPTED.

PortalPortal  HomeHome  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  

system restore

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
fay47
Royal Geek
Royal Geek
fay47

Number of posts : 1480
Registration date : 2008-10-17
Mood : none

system restore Empty
PostSubject: system restore   system restore Empty2/24/2013, 21:36

I have been meaning to ask this for a while. I do not have a problem this is just for future reference.

If you have a virus or malware and if you have a restore point back before that occurred, would doing a restore to that point fix it - or is it more complex than that.

Fay
Back to top Go down
Repa
Site Administrator
Site Administrator
Repa

Number of posts : 2378
Humor : Age: Older than Dirt!
Registration date : 2008-09-19

system restore Empty
PostSubject: Re: system restore   system restore Empty2/24/2013, 22:14

Fay, sometimes it fixes it, sometimes it doesn't, depends on the malware type and how it can propogate itself. Malware that affects RAM, your network, and your hard drive boot sector cannot be removed by system restore, requiring special scanners like Malwarebytes, TDSSKiller, and other scanners. I'm not sure of all the types that cannot be removed by system restore. System restore is the first thing to try when you first notice a problem, but even if system restore does seem to correct the problem, it is best to go though the complete procedure outlined in Tut # 6.
Back to top Go down
fay47
Royal Geek
Royal Geek
fay47

Number of posts : 1480
Registration date : 2008-10-17
Mood : none

system restore Empty
PostSubject: Re: system restore   system restore Empty2/24/2013, 22:49

Repa,

Ok, I kind of figured it would not always be that simple, but just wanted to ask. Hope I never have to worry about it. Avast and the other tools so far have seemed to do a good job for me, but I know there is always a chance that something could get thru.

Thanks,
Fay
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

system restore Empty
PostSubject: Re: system restore   system restore Empty

Back to top Go down

system restore
Page 1 of 1