Geeks, Geeks and More Geeks
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

THIS FORUM IS NO LONGER ACTIVE. SORRY! DO NOT ATTEMPT TO REGISTER; YOUR REQUEST WILL NOT BE ACCEPTED.

PortalPortal  HomeHome  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Question about OE and Screenshots

Go down 
AuthorMessage
Repa
Site Administrator
Site Administrator
Repa

Number of posts : 2378
Humor : Age: Older than Dirt!
Registration date : 2008-09-19

Question about OE and Screenshots Empty
PostSubject: Question about OE and Screenshots   Question about OE and Screenshots Empty10/28/2008, 21:54

fay47
Royal Geek

Posted: Sat Mar 08, 2008 11:32 am Post subject: Question about OE and screen shots · Quote · Edit · Delete · IP

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

When I want to send a screen shot to someone using OE, I take the screen shot, copy into paint and save to my hard drive. I then either send it as an attachment or insert it into the body of the message.

Sheila, said with Outlook she can just paste directly into the e-mail, she doesn't have to save it first.

Should I be able to do that with OE? When I try, it doesn't work, and by not work I mean it just does not do anything when I press Alt-V. No message or anything. I can paste into Paint or Word but not into OE. I can paste text into OE message.

It is set for rich text and as I said - I canchoose Insert : Picture and insert a picture into the body of the message.

This is not really important but I am just curious.

Thanks,
Fay

Back to top · Profile · PM · Email

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Repa
Site Admin
User is Online

Posted: Sat Mar 08, 2008 3:23 pm Post subject: Re: Question about OE and screen shots · Quote · Edit · Delete · IP

fay47 wrote:
When I want to send a screen shot to someone using OE, I take the screen shot, copy into paint and save to my hard drive. I then either send it as an attachment or insert it into the body of the message.

Sheila, said with Outlook she can just paste directly into the e-mail, she doesn't have to save it first.

Should I be able to do that with OE? When I try, it doesn't work, and by not work I mean it just does not do anything when I press Alt-V. No message or anything. I can paste into Paint or Word but not into OE. I can paste text into OE message.

It is set for rich text and as I said - I can choose Insert : Picture and insert a picture into the body of the message.

You can paste a screen shot directly into Outlook because in the Options panel under the Edit tab, you can select Microsoft Word as your Picture Editior as well as your text editor. You don't have that option in Outlook Express.

Older than dirt!

fay47
Royal Geek

Posted: Sat Mar 08, 2008 6:33 pm Post subject: · Quote · Edit · Delete · IP

Repa,

Thanks for the information. Now I can quit trying to figure out how to do something that can't be done.

Fay

pepperpot
Site Admin

Posted: Sun Mar 09, 2008 11:23 pm Post subject: · Quote · Edit · Delete · IP

Fay,

There is a way to insert a Screen Shot or an image directly into the body of an OE message.

The same way how you can copy information from the web (text & images included) and paste it into Word to later print... you can then copy & paste from Word to transfer into OE message body.

Screen shots can be pasted into a Word document as well. You then save the Word document... this "overwrites" the Screen Shot file... re-copy & paste into the body of the OE mail you are composing

Here is a screen shot of a screen shot I just did Notice I pasted it into the body of an OE mail message

"Spirituality is not religion, religion divides people. Believing in something unites"

Back to top · Profile · PM · Email · WWW

Repa
Site Admin
User is Online

Posted: Mon Mar 10, 2008 12:56 am Post subject: · Quote · Edit · Delete · IP

pepperpot wrote:
Fay,

There is a way to insert a Screen Shot or an image directly into the body of an OE message.

The same way how you can copy information from the web (text & images included) and paste it into Word to later print... you can then copy & paste from Word to transfer into OE message body.

Screen shots can be pasted into a Word document as well. You then save the Word document... this "overwrites" the Screen Shot file... re-copy & paste into the body of the OE mail you are composing

LIB! Verrry clever, Sam! how did you come upon that? But you still can't paste a screen shot "directly" into OE. You have to make that extra step with Word. Who wooda thunk?!! Way to go, Sam!!!

Older than dirt!

fay47
Royal Geek

Posted: Mon Mar 10, 2008 9:37 am Post subject: · Quote · Edit · Delete · IP

Sam,

I don't quite understand how you are saying you can do it. Are you saying you can do this without having to save the screen shot?

I can achieve the same result but have to save the screen shot, Here is what I do.

Take the screenshot.
Paste into Paint.
Save to my hard drive.
In OE select Insert: picture - select the picture source and click OK

I just tried this.
do the screen shot
paste into word
right click the image in the word document and select copy
go to OE to paste - but it doesnt' work, if I do a right click in the body of the message - paste is greyed out

Sheila is pasting direclty into the Oulooks message - not haivng to paste it anywhere else first.

Can you give more information about how you are doing it. As I said, I can achieve the same end result but requires that I save the image file (created by the screen shot) to my hard drive and use insert from the menu rather than past.

Thanks,
Fay

pepperpot
Site Admin

Posted: Mon Mar 10, 2008 12:59 pm Post subject: · Quote · Edit · Delete · IP

Repa,
Lol - Remember when I said that this girl may have one or two things up her sleeves There are times when some file formats (mostly images) don’t paste were you want them to paste, but there is always a work around… using Word is one of them… plus as you paste the images in Word you can scale the image… with a minimum visual loss… I have always used this trick… btw Repa… what is LIB

Fay,
I usually keep a Word document on my hard drive for when I am composing long messages; just in case I don’t lose it when hitting on submit

So here are my steps:
• Make the Screen Shot
• Open Word Document
• Paste the screen shot in the Word Document
• Click on Save (this step is necessary as it overwrites the file format)
• Select the image to be copied and re-copy
• Paste in OE

But seeing that you said Sheila paste’s directly into OE without having to paste anywhere else first… I think Sheila should tell us the secret

Btw… I will be moving this thread into Microsoft Office forum, as I think this thread better suites that forum .

"Spirituality is not religion, religion divides people. Believing in something unites"

Back to top · Profile · PM · Email · WWW

Repa
Site Admin
User is Online

Posted: Mon Mar 10, 2008 1:38 pm Post subject: · Quote · Edit · Delete · IP

pepperpot wrote:
Repa,

btw Repa… what is LIB

Sam, if you say out loud the letters L I B, that is how a person in the deep south of the USA would say "Well, I'll be! Except for, maybe Florida, as a bunch of transplanted Yankees live there who haven't learned southern speak!

Fay,

• Paste the screen shot in the Word Document
• Click on Save (this step is necessary as it overwrites the file format)
• Select the image to be copied and re-copy
• Paste in OE

Fay, this actually does work - I tried it. But you have to save the word document first.

But seeing that you said Sheila paste’s directly into OE without having to paste anywhere else first… I think Sheila should tell us the secret

Sheila does it in Outlook Sam, not OE, if I am not mistaken. Outlook uses Word as its text editor, OE does not.

Question about OE and Screenshots
Page 1 of 1