Geeks, Geeks and More Geeks
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

THIS FORUM IS NO LONGER ACTIVE. SORRY! DO NOT ATTEMPT TO REGISTER; YOUR REQUEST WILL NOT BE ACCEPTED.

PortalPortal  HomeHome  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  

gmail email

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
wcturner
Royal Geek
Royal Geek

Number of posts : 1165
Humor : Yes
Registration date : 2009-10-26

gmail email Empty
PostSubject: gmail email   gmail email Empty3/17/2012, 01:04

Repa,
While writing an email about an hour ago, in Firefox, when typing, the print text was lagging behind slightly, and this has happened before, you might not remember. I think it might have happened a few days ago also, but I didn't take note of it.

1) Do you know what causes something like that, such as my old computer, maybe FF, maybe gmail, etc.?

2) Do you think it warrants a System Restore?
Back to top Go down
Repa
Site Administrator
Site Administrator
Repa

Number of posts : 2378
Humor : Age: Older than Dirt!
Registration date : 2008-09-19

gmail email Empty
PostSubject: Re: gmail email   gmail email Empty3/17/2012, 09:23

Stuff like that will happen occasionally, WC. It happens to me. Could be that everything on the webpage you are on hasn't completely downloaded, or you have an active tracking cookie operating on that website reporting back to "momma" that is slowing you down. You do know that Google has admitted that they are spying on you on your computer, don't you? Especially if you have an account with them, and Gmail is Google! If it keeps happening for more than a day, mark the date it started and you can try restoring back to the day before it started, but I doubt it will make a difference. Other than that, I don't know.
Back to top Go down
wcturner
Royal Geek
Royal Geek

gmail email Empty
PostSubject: Re: gmail email   gmail email Empty3/18/2012, 01:42

You do know that Google has admitted that they are spying on you on your computer, don't you? Especially if you have an account with them, and Gmail is Google!

That's why I'm in the process of switching my email over to yahoo!

I'll also need to un-install my Chrome browser won't I.?
Back to top Go down
Repa
Site Administrator
Site Administrator
Repa

gmail email Empty
PostSubject: Re: gmail email   gmail email Empty3/18/2012, 01:56

That's up to you. I never installed it, so am not familiar with it, but probably yes if you have concerns with the google site.
Back to top Go down
wcturner
Royal Geek
Royal Geek

gmail email Empty
PostSubject: Re: gmail email   gmail email Empty3/19/2012, 01:22

Repa,
In going to my Yahoo email altogether, I think my best bet is to have them Import everything form gmail for me and try to sift through the unwanted stuff as I can & then delete them. I've tried to do some of them before closing my gmail, but I've got thousands of emails and some I want to keep. I wish I knew how to delete a whole page of them at one time without having to checkmark the box next to each email individually in order to do a mass delete.

And, I will delete the Chrome browser also. I would like to reinstall Opera or something else to replace it, that way I'd have another backup browser. I'll ask you about doing DMR's for it at a later date.

So, I don't suppose you know how to do a mass delete without the check marking, do you?
Back to top Go down
Repa
Site Administrator
Site Administrator
Repa

gmail email Empty
PostSubject: Re: gmail email   gmail email Empty3/19/2012, 09:56

gmail email Gmail10
Back to top Go down
wcturner
Royal Geek
Royal Geek

gmail email Empty
PostSubject: Re: gmail email   gmail email Empty3/19/2012, 22:32

Repa,
Here's the way I should have asked this question.
When I log on to gmail I click the "Load Basic HTML, that way I'm able to right click on messages and open them up in another tab. When I started trying to get ready to switch over to yahoo email, this is how I wanted to delete the emails that I don't want to take with me over to Yahoo mail. I would pick an email such as NewsMax.com that I receive on a regular basis, and when in basic HTML I go to the Search box just above the emails and I would would type NewsMax.com in the Search box and click the "Search Mail" that is located to the right of the search box. That pulls up all the NewsMax emails that I have received, that haven't been deleted. Then I tried every way I could think of to do a mass delete of NewsMax.com, or which ever group of emails I wanted to search and pull up. I tried highliting them and then clicking Delete, but nothing worked for me. This would be the easiest method for me to do what I want to do if it exists?

This would be too good to be true, but is there a way to mass delete as I described, so I don't need to check mark each individual box next to each email in order to delete them?
Back to top Go down
Repa
Site Administrator
Site Administrator
Repa

gmail email Empty
PostSubject: Re: gmail email   gmail email Empty3/20/2012, 02:39

WC, I rarely use gmail and have never used Load Basic HTML. If you want to delete all but certain emails, I suggest you do it the way I described in the image above, and then uncheck any in the list of 50 that you want to keep. Then repeat that for the next 50 and so on until you get them all. That's the quickest way I know of to do it. Maybe someone else who frequently uses gmail has a better idea.
Back to top Go down
wcturner
Royal Geek
Royal Geek

gmail email Empty
PostSubject: Re: gmail email   gmail email Empty3/20/2012, 15:13

I was afraid of that. It was just a shot in the dark, but, thought I'd ask just in case you might know. thanks, Repa
Back to top Go down
angelface1961
Royal Geek
Royal Geek
angelface1961

Number of posts : 579
Registration date : 2009-01-10
Mood : fine

gmail email Empty
PostSubject: Re: gmail email   gmail email Empty3/21/2012, 00:46

That is the only way to do it. One page at a time. They wouldn't want to make it easy. In your settings there is a place to delete your email address all together. After you clean it up. I wouldn't import from Google anything cuz then you would be linking your other email address to google and who knows what they would do with it then.
Back to top Go down
wcturner
Royal Geek
Royal Geek

gmail email Empty
PostSubject: Re: gmail email   gmail email Empty3/21/2012, 14:01

I wouldn't import from Google anything cuz then you would be linking your other email address to google and who knows what they would do with it then.

The only thing is, I was concerned about that and that's why I asked Repa about getting my email addresses imported over to yahoo, and so he seemed to think it was ok to do that, so I did that.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

gmail email Empty
PostSubject: Re: gmail email   gmail email Empty

Back to top Go down

gmail email
Page 1 of 1