Geeks, Geeks and More Geeks
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

THIS FORUM IS NO LONGER ACTIVE. SORRY! DO NOT ATTEMPT TO REGISTER; YOUR REQUEST WILL NOT BE ACCEPTED.

PortalPortal  HomeHome  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Repa, a repeat question (I forgot the answer)

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
ruthsollid
Royal Geek
Royal Geek
ruthsollid

Number of posts : 492
Registration date : 2008-10-17

Repa, a repeat question (I forgot the answer) Empty
PostSubject: Repa, a repeat question (I forgot the answer)   Repa, a repeat question (I forgot the answer) Empty1/8/2009, 10:42

Repa,

I can't remember the answer you gave me on the other board. Embarassed I know it was an easy answer. I am updating a website and it used to be that when I just refreshed IE after Putting the updated page back on the web, IE would show the changes. Now, it won't show them. What am I doing wrong? (Sorry...brain fart) Wink
Back to top Go down
Repa
Site Administrator
Site Administrator
Repa

Number of posts : 2378
Humor : Age: Older than Dirt!
Registration date : 2008-09-19

PostSubject: Re: Repa, a repeat question (I forgot the answer)   Repa, a repeat question (I forgot the answer) Empty1/8/2009, 23:52

The other site is down and I can't remember the exact circumstances, Ruth. But, I know you use Dreamweaver, and I vaguely remember something about the remote site not being connected before. So,

1. Have you connected to the remote site before you clicked on the "Put Files" icon? If you haven't, nothing will be changed.

2. Here is a screenshot of Dreamweaver 4:

Repa, a repeat question (I forgot the answer) P1110810

3. Note that the Remote site is showing on the left side of the screen, and my Computer web files corresponding to that site are on the right side of the screen. Your Remote site must be showing on the left side before you do the upload.

4. Use the "Connects to Remote Host" icon to connect to your site (shown in the left side of the screen) before clicking on the "Put Files" icon to upload your changed local file(s) (shown in the right side of the screen) .

5. After the upload finishes (watch the activity in the bar at the bottom of your dreamweaver page), open the changed file(s) on the Remote Site side (left side) to make sure the changes took. If the changes are there, then you should see the changes in Internet Explorer the next time you go there.
Back to top Go down
ruthsollid
Royal Geek
Royal Geek
ruthsollid

PostSubject: Re: Repa, a repeat question (I forgot the answer)   Repa, a repeat question (I forgot the answer) Empty1/9/2009, 10:51

Thanks Repa! I am on the desktop computer this morning and my Dreamweaver is on my laptop, so I can't check it out right now. But I'm almost 100% positive that I was connected to the remote site, but I'll post back later when I'm on the laptop.

I hadn't realized that the other site had been taken down. I forgot that I could have looked there without signing in. I should have done that, oh well...hindsight is 20/20, right?
Back to top Go down
Repa
Site Administrator
Site Administrator
Repa

Number of posts : 2378
Humor : Age: Older than Dirt!

PostSubject: Re: Repa, a repeat question (I forgot the answer)   Repa, a repeat question (I forgot the answer) Empty1/9/2009, 12:21

The other site has been down for maintenance for 2 days - it was supposed to be back up yesterday afternoon. One other thing you might do if you still have a problem in IE after verifying that your remote site files were changed in Dreamweaver is to delete temporary internet files and cookies in IE.
Back to top Go down
ruthsollid
Royal Geek
Royal Geek
ruthsollid

PostSubject: Re: Repa, a repeat question (I forgot the answer)   Repa, a repeat question (I forgot the answer) Empty1/9/2009, 13:43

Repa,

I tried going to the old board, and it is still down for maintenance. Then, I remembered your answer from that time. You suggested to work in Remote view mode. I tried doing that, and everything is fine now!

Thanks again for your help!! Very Happy
(This time, I will make a note of the solution)! Wink

Last edited by ruthsollid on 1/9/2009, 23:10; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
pepperpot
Site Administrator
Site Administrator
pepperpot

Number of posts : 715
Humor : I think I have one
Mood : pensive

PostSubject: Re: Repa, a repeat question (I forgot the answer)   Repa, a repeat question (I forgot the answer) Empty1/9/2009, 19:10

FYI... the other forum is back up....... but running slow

Ruth..... don't forget..... there is a print page here
Back to top Go down
ruthsollid
Royal Geek
Royal Geek
ruthsollid

PostSubject: Re: Repa, a repeat question (I forgot the answer)   Repa, a repeat question (I forgot the answer) Empty1/9/2009, 22:38

Thanks Sam!! I DID forget about the print...thanks! Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Repa, a repeat question (I forgot the answer)   Repa, a repeat question (I forgot the answer) Empty

Back to top Go down

Repa, a repeat question (I forgot the answer)
Page 1 of 1