Geeks, Geeks and More Geeks
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

THIS FORUM IS NO LONGER ACTIVE. SORRY! DO NOT ATTEMPT TO REGISTER; YOUR REQUEST WILL NOT BE ACCEPTED.

PortalPortal  HomeHome  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Having problems with Hotmail.. thinking its Vista

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
pepperpot
Site Administrator
Site Administrator
pepperpot

Number of posts : 715
Humor : I think I have one
Registration date : 2008-09-19
Mood : pensive

Having problems with Hotmail.. thinking its Vista Empty
PostSubject: Having problems with Hotmail.. thinking its Vista   Having problems with Hotmail.. thinking its Vista Empty8/10/2010, 11:10

Wondering if anybody having problems with their hotmail account...I can’t open up any of my mails from Inbox (neither from Sent Item, Junk etc)…I can sign in and see that mails are there but can’t read them out Neutral

I have also noticed that the Advertisements that appears on the left of the screen are not loading and the pointer stays on the "hourglass" all the time.

I have not been able to load the Host Files on Vista cause its not compatible as yet and IE8 has its own sort of Host Files, but of course it allows anything to do with Microsoft or Goggle.

Its not a virus in the computer as it has Safari and Hotmail works in it. Its not IE8 cause, the other computer with XP + IE8 + HostFiles works fine.

Any ideas... I am thinking it could also do with Silverlight + Vista as I haven't install it and don't want to! LOL
Back to top Go down
Repa
Site Administrator
Site Administrator
Repa

Number of posts : 2378
Humor : Age: Older than Dirt!

PostSubject: Re: Having problems with Hotmail.. thinking its Vista   Having problems with Hotmail.. thinking its Vista Empty8/10/2010, 13:25

Hotmail recently changed their hotmail configuration and I don't like it. Now it displays parts of the message in junk mail if you click on the email to see where it is coming from, and that I really don't like. I don't have Vista, but my guess is if your pointer stays on hourglass all the time, something is trying to download that your settings may not be permitting, and it may be what you need to open the files. I found the following solution that you can try:

1. The date on your computer needs to be set properly -- double click the clock verify that the time and date are set.

2. Clear your IE cache and cookies -- open Internet Explorer, click the Tools menu, then Internet Options, then click the Delete Files button, and when that's complete click the Delete Cookies button.

3. Check your IE Security settings -- open Internet Explorer, click the Tools menu, then Internet Options, then Advanced tab, scroll to the Security section, and verify that "Check for server certificate revocation" is unchecked. Also verify that 'Use SSL 2.0' and Use SSL 3.0' is checked, then click OK.

4. Click Start, then Run, and enter the following:

regsvr32 softpub.dll

then click OK.

5. Restart messenger and IE

Let me know if this works.
Back to top Go down
Repa
Site Administrator
Site Administrator
Repa

Number of posts : 2378
Humor : Age: Older than Dirt!

PostSubject: Re: Having problems with Hotmail.. thinking its Vista   Having problems with Hotmail.. thinking its Vista Empty8/10/2010, 13:39

Repa wrote:
Hotmail recently changed their hotmail configuration and I don't like it. Now it displays parts of the message in junk mail if you click on the email to see where it is coming from, and that I really don't like. It's also very slow - a piece of junk! I don't have Vista, but my guess is if your pointer stays on hourglass all the time, something is trying to download that your settings in IE8 may not be permitting, and it may be what you need to open the files. There are tons of complaints like yours on the internet about Vista and IE8 and Hotmail. The new hotmail appears to not be working well or not at all with IE8, and particularly on Vista machines. Interestingly, it is a hit-and-miss proposition; some people have the problem, some don't.

I found the following solution that worked for one person that you can try:

1. The date on your computer needs to be set properly -- double click the clock verify that the time and date are set.

2. Clear your IE cache and cookies -- open Internet Explorer, click the Tools menu, then Internet Options, then click the Delete Files button, and when that's complete click the Delete Cookies button.

3. Check your IE Security settings -- open Internet Explorer, click the Tools menu, then Internet Options, then Advanced tab, scroll to the Security section, and verify that "Check for server certificate revocation" is unchecked. Also verify that 'Use SSL 2.0' and Use SSL 3.0' is checked, then click OK.

4. Click Start, then Run, and enter the following:

regsvr32 softpub.dll

then click OK.

5. Restart messenger and IE

Let me know if this works.
Back to top Go down
pepperpot
Site Administrator
Site Administrator
pepperpot

Number of posts : 715
Humor : I think I have one
Mood : pensive

PostSubject: Re: Having problems with Hotmail.. thinking its Vista   Having problems with Hotmail.. thinking its Vista Empty8/10/2010, 19:37

Well... Neutral

Before I attempted to try this I went to verify it it was working or not, as it was not this morning... low and behold... it works... took a lil time for the Advertisements to load but its working now.

Anyway, I stilled looked at my settings and the only thing that was not checked was 'Use SSL 2.0'... will give this a try if it acts up again - obviously its not me, its hotmail... as I did not interfere with anything

Thanks for the help Repa... I could not find anything out there like my case
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Having problems with Hotmail.. thinking its Vista   Having problems with Hotmail.. thinking its Vista Empty

Back to top Go down

Having problems with Hotmail.. thinking its Vista
Page 1 of 1