Geeks, Geeks and More Geeks
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

THIS FORUM IS NO LONGER ACTIVE. SORRY! DO NOT ATTEMPT TO REGISTER; YOUR REQUEST WILL NOT BE ACCEPTED.

PortalPortal  HomeHome  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Keyboard Shortcuts

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
wcturner
Royal Geek
Royal Geek

Number of posts : 1165
Humor : Yes
Registration date : 2009-10-26

Keyboard Shortcuts Empty
PostSubject: Keyboard Shortcuts   Keyboard Shortcuts Empty1/30/2016, 23:01

Repa,

1. Can you give me a Keyboard Shortcut to shut the computer down for times like the "Blue screen " I experienced recently, & it covered the whole screen & the Mouse was unusable in that situation?

2. Is there a way to make a ScreenShot when one is in SafeMode?

Thanks....
Back to top Go down
Repa
Site Administrator
Site Administrator
Repa

Number of posts : 2378
Humor : Age: Older than Dirt!
Registration date : 2008-09-19

Keyboard Shortcuts Empty
PostSubject: Re: Keyboard Shortcuts   Keyboard Shortcuts Empty1/31/2016, 01:05

Try pressing the Windows Key (the one on the bottom left row that looks like a flag) and release it. Then press the Right Arrow Key (bottom right row that looks like an arrow) and release it. Then press the Enter Key. You can always force a shutdown by pressing the power button and holding it in for about 10 seconds, or until it shuts down.

You do a screen shot in Safe Mode the same as in Normal Mode, but you have to process with whatever application you use in Safe Mode and save it on your hard drive. If you don't, it won't be there when you reboot to go back to Normal Mode.
Back to top Go down
wcturner
Royal Geek
Royal Geek

Keyboard Shortcuts Empty
PostSubject: Re: Keyboard Shortcuts   Keyboard Shortcuts Empty2/1/2016, 00:20

Repa,
QUOTE:
You can always force a shutdown by pressing the power button and holding it in for about 10 seconds, or until it shuts down. That's how I have been doing it in these situations....Does that cause any type damage to the computer if you do it too much or not?

Quote:You do a screen shot in Safe Mode the same as in Normal Mode, but you have to process with whatever application you use in Safe Mode and save it on your hard drive. If you don't, it won't be there when you reboot to go back to Normal Mode. I surely don't know how to do it that way.....I would need much more instruction to ever do it that way....

thank you
Back to top Go down
Repa
Site Administrator
Site Administrator
Repa

Number of posts : 2378
Humor : Age: Older than Dirt!
Registration date : 2008-09-19

Keyboard Shortcuts Empty
PostSubject: Re: Keyboard Shortcuts   Keyboard Shortcuts Empty2/1/2016, 10:45

It doesn't cause damage. Did the key strokes work?

WC, you do exactly the same thing in Safe Mode that you do in Normal Mode to get a screen shot - it's no different. What I was referring to is that if you press the PRTSC button to do a screen shot, it goes to your clipboard. If all you do is leave it there and go back to normal mode, it will no longer be on the clipboard to do a right-click and paste into whatever app you use to save your image. You have to do that just as you always do in normal mode before you leave safe mode.
Back to top Go down
wcturner
Royal Geek
Royal Geek

Keyboard Shortcuts Empty
PostSubject: Re: Keyboard Shortcuts   Keyboard Shortcuts Empty2/1/2016, 18:02

Did the key strokes work? Yes

you do exactly the same thing in Safe Mode that you do in Normal Mode ok, hope I do not need it though

thanks very much
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Keyboard Shortcuts Empty
PostSubject: Re: Keyboard Shortcuts   Keyboard Shortcuts Empty

Back to top Go down

Keyboard Shortcuts
Page 1 of 1