Geeks, Geeks and More Geeks
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

THIS FORUM IS NO LONGER ACTIVE. SORRY! DO NOT ATTEMPT TO REGISTER; YOUR REQUEST WILL NOT BE ACCEPTED.

PortalPortal  HomeHome  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Warning! Beware of Download Manager install request in Ad Bar Under Geeks Logo

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
Repa
Site Administrator
Site Administrator
Repa

Number of posts : 2378
Humor : Age: Older than Dirt!
Registration date : 2008-09-19

Warning! Beware of Download Manager install request in Ad Bar Under Geeks Logo Empty
PostSubject: Warning! Beware of Download Manager install request in Ad Bar Under Geeks Logo   Warning! Beware of Download Manager install request in Ad Bar Under Geeks Logo Empty10/31/2013, 16:09

Just noticed that when I went to logon that there is an ad under the Geeks Logo that says, "your Download Manager might be outdated. Do you want to install it now?" Don't fall for it! Ignore it!

Warning! Beware of Download Manager install request in Ad Bar Under Geeks Logo Downlo10
Back to top Go down
fay47
Royal Geek
Royal Geek
fay47

Number of posts : 1480
Registration date : 2008-10-17
Mood : none

Warning! Beware of Download Manager install request in Ad Bar Under Geeks Logo Empty
PostSubject: Re: Warning! Beware of Download Manager install request in Ad Bar Under Geeks Logo   Warning! Beware of Download Manager install request in Ad Bar Under Geeks Logo Empty11/1/2013, 19:17

Thanks for the warning.
I got the message .

IS this happening on all forumotion board? Some one there needs to do something about it.

Fay
Back to top Go down
wcturner
Royal Geek
Royal Geek

Number of posts : 1165
Humor : Yes
Registration date : 2009-10-26

PostSubject: Re: Warning! Beware of Download Manager install request in Ad Bar Under Geeks Logo   Warning! Beware of Download Manager install request in Ad Bar Under Geeks Logo Empty12/24/2013, 02:29

Repa, I just noticed something in this screenshot that I'm missing since I installed IE 11 & I haven't figured out how to get it back....

1.  It's the "Yellow Star" and says Favorites beside it, located to the left of your "Favorites Bar"...I remember that when I would click on the Yellow Star it would open up my favorites in a Left Side bar... Can please you tell me how to retrieve it??.....

2.  I'm also missing the little "Search Bar" located to the right of the Navigation Bar & in your scrshot it has "Bing" in the text search area & the magnifying glass next to it....Can you tell me how to get that back again?...
Back to top Go down
Repa
Site Administrator
Site Administrator
Repa

Number of posts : 2378
Humor : Age: Older than Dirt!
Registration date : 2008-09-19

PostSubject: Re: Warning! Beware of Download Manager install request in Ad Bar Under Geeks Logo   Warning! Beware of Download Manager install request in Ad Bar Under Geeks Logo Empty12/24/2013, 16:55

We had this conversation before and Fay answered it for you:
fay47 wrote:
WC

I did not have ie11 but went ahead and installed and had a look.

Up at top on the right under the 3 boxes, there are 3 icons - one is a star. Click on it and it will bring up the box with the favorites.
For me it puts it on the right. To close it I have to press ESC or I can move it to the left by clicking on the arrow at the upper left of the favorites box.

I can not get the wheel on my mouse to work there no matter which way I open it. If it is working for you the way you were opening it, maybe it will work this way. Not sure if it will work with the box on the right or If you will have to click the arrow to move it to the left.

Post back and let me know if his is what you meant and how it works for you.

Fay

To get a search bar, select Tools > Manage Addons > Find more toolbars and extensions (lower left of screen)> Addons > Select the search provider you want, or if it isn't showing, type the name of the search provider in the text box near the top right (e.g., google search)
Back to top Go down

Warning! Beware of Download Manager install request in Ad Bar Under Geeks Logo
Page 1 of 1