Geeks, Geeks and More Geeks
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

THIS FORUM IS NO LONGER ACTIVE. SORRY! DO NOT ATTEMPT TO REGISTER; YOUR REQUEST WILL NOT BE ACCEPTED.

PortalPortal  HomeHome  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Windows Defender Auto Scan

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
wcturner
Royal Geek
Royal Geek

Number of posts : 1165
Humor : Yes
Registration date : 2009-10-26

Windows Defender Auto Scan Empty
PostSubject: Windows Defender Auto Scan   Windows Defender Auto Scan Empty8/9/2016, 23:46

Repa,
We're not on the computer too much these days, so I've got a few questions, please?

In order for the Windows Defender Auto Scan to work:
1. Don't you have to be using the computer with a browser open?

2. Auto scan won't scan if the machine is turned on , but, is in sleep mode, right or wrong?

3. If computer is on w/o browser open & just on desktop, will the auto scan work?

Thanks in advance!
Back to top Go down
Repa
Site Administrator
Site Administrator
Repa

Number of posts : 2378
Humor : Age: Older than Dirt!
Registration date : 2008-09-19

PostSubject: Re: Windows Defender Auto Scan   Windows Defender Auto Scan Empty8/10/2016, 10:47

The computer needs to be on at the time that you specified in the Tools > Options > Automatic scanning page in Windows Defender. You don't need a browser open or be doing anything, the computer just needs to be on for the scheduled time that you set. If you are using the computer, Windows Defender will run in the background.
Back to top Go down
wcturner
Royal Geek
Royal Geek

PostSubject: Re: Windows Defender Auto Scan   Windows Defender Auto Scan Empty8/10/2016, 11:19

Thank you!
Back to top Go down
wcturner
Royal Geek
Royal Geek

PostSubject: Re: Windows Defender Auto Scan   Windows Defender Auto Scan Empty8/13/2016, 21:56

Repa wrote:
The computer needs to be on at the time that you specified in the Tools > Options > Automatic scanning page in Windows Defender. You don't need a browser open or be doing anything, the computer just needs to be on for the scheduled time that you set. If you are using the computer, Windows Defender will run in the background.

Repa, I've read your reply, & done some experimenting with the auto scan times also, but forgive me please for one more question. As I said we don't use the computer presently as often as formerly, and it appears to me that if the computer is in sleep mode & the monitor turned off I'm thinking that is probably considered as "the computer not being on"? is that correct? u know what the saying is....there's no dumb questions.....

thanks in advance!
Back to top Go down
Repa
Site Administrator
Site Administrator
Repa

Number of posts : 2378
Humor : Age: Older than Dirt!
Registration date : 2008-09-19

PostSubject: Re: Windows Defender Auto Scan   Windows Defender Auto Scan Empty8/14/2016, 16:12

The computer is not on in Sleep Mode. The Windows Defender Auto Scan task will not run with the computer in sleep mode.
Back to top Go down
wcturner
Royal Geek
Royal Geek

PostSubject: Re: Windows Defender Auto Scan   Windows Defender Auto Scan Empty8/14/2016, 17:59

Thank you very much! That confirms my suspicions!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Windows Defender Auto Scan   Windows Defender Auto Scan Empty

Back to top Go down

Windows Defender Auto Scan
Page 1 of 1