Geeks, Geeks and More Geeks
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

THIS FORUM IS NO LONGER ACTIVE. SORRY! DO NOT ATTEMPT TO REGISTER; YOUR REQUEST WILL NOT BE ACCEPTED.

PortalPortal  HomeHome  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Ccleaner Icon Disappeared

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
wcturner
Royal Geek
Royal Geek

Number of posts : 1165
Humor : Yes
Registration date : 2009-10-26

Ccleaner Icon Disappeared Empty
PostSubject: Ccleaner Icon Disappeared   Ccleaner Icon Disappeared Empty9/26/2017, 11:37

Repa,

Turned on computer today, first time in a couple of weeks, while updating Spyblaster my Ccleaner popped up an update notice, but I clicked it to close til I finished what I was doing.   Then I clicked my taskbar Icon to open the update message and the Ccleaner disappeared.

I then opened the START menu and the Ccleaner that was there was also gone.  I've
got the new update from Majorgeeks, thinking that might restore the Ccleaner Icon, but it did not. Here's screenshot to show what happened when IclickedCcleaner icon.

Ccleaner Icon Disappeared Cclean10
Look to the left of the Screen Shot & you will see what the former Icon looks like now. EDIT:Here's a SCREENSHOT of what opened up as I finished above post.

Ccleaner Icon Disappeared Warnin10

Do u have idea what happened or what to do ?
Thanks
Back to top Go down
Repa
Site Administrator
Site Administrator
Repa

Number of posts : 2378
Humor : Age: Older than Dirt!
Registration date : 2008-09-19

PostSubject: Re: Ccleaner Icon Disappeared   Ccleaner Icon Disappeared Empty9/26/2017, 21:15

Based on what you've told me, I have no idea. The best thing you can do is to do a system restore back to a time before this happened. Your icons should re-appear. I rarely update ccleaner, and when I do, I go to the website directly and I don't click on the update notice.

Also, funny things have been happening on this message board - looks to me like hackers have gotten to our host as malicious popups have occurred when I have come here and tried to logon in the past. I may be shutting this message board down if this keeps happening. I went to forumotion and it looks like there are a lot of complaints of this happening to their other clients as well.
Back to top Go down
wcturner
Royal Geek
Royal Geek

Number of posts : 1165
Humor : Yes
Registration date : 2009-10-26

PostSubject: Re: Ccleaner Icon Disappeared   Ccleaner Icon Disappeared Empty9/26/2017, 23:18

I've updated both ways, gone to Piroform site & click on the update notice which will take u to Hippo or the author's site.

I might just get rid of my Desktop computer altogether...it's too much trouble!  We've always check out sites before going to them, & took every precaution to be safe & my computer always seems to have strange things happen  to it, & u know u can vouch for that.   Just like today, this is the first time I've had it on in 2-3 weeks, & right off the bat all these things happened today.

Unlike u I don't enjoy fooling with a computer...I just want to find what I'm looking for & want to log out as soon as possible.   Do u know why all these things pop up on my computer, just out of the blue?.....as I said we take precautions & today has not even been on in 2-3 weeks???

Very much appreciate ur reply!

EDIT: My latest Restore Point is a long time ago....so that's no help. any way I still don't understand why we have such bad luck with the computer...
Back to top Go down
Repa
Site Administrator
Site Administrator
Repa

Number of posts : 2378
Humor : Age: Older than Dirt!
Registration date : 2008-09-19

PostSubject: Re: Ccleaner Icon Disappeared   Ccleaner Icon Disappeared Empty9/26/2017, 23:45

Not being at your computer or seeing where you go on the internet, I can't say. My windows 10 computer does weird things as well, and I just reset it to an earlier date, and that fixes things for a while. Shortcuts will stop working and I will have to go and establish new ones, Outlook in IE doesn't work right halve the time, sites that I once had confidence in have popups that weren't there before, sometimes malicious popups. I have searched the computer for viruses and malware, and come up with nothing. I have no problems with my Windows 7 computers. So, I don't know what to tell you other than when something weird suddenly happens, reset your computer using system restore to an earlier time and see if that fixes the problem.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Ccleaner Icon Disappeared   Ccleaner Icon Disappeared Empty

Back to top Go down

Ccleaner Icon Disappeared
Page 1 of 1