Geeks, Geeks and More Geeks
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

THIS FORUM IS NO LONGER ACTIVE. SORRY! DO NOT ATTEMPT TO REGISTER; YOUR REQUEST WILL NOT BE ACCEPTED.

PortalPortal  HomeHome  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Flash Bug

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
wcturner
Royal Geek
Royal Geek

Number of posts : 1165
Humor : Yes
Registration date : 2009-10-26

Flash Bug Empty
PostSubject: Flash Bug   Flash Bug Empty4/9/2016, 01:27

Repa,

1.  Do you know about a "Flash Bug" infecting computers?

2.  What do you think about the info at the link below?  And, do I need to do anything that the below article link suggests?

http://www.komando.com/happening-now/354007/top-story-this-could-be-the-worst-flash-bug-ever-fix-it-now?utm_medium=nl&utm_source=notd&utm_content=2016-04-08-trending_tip_0-title

I don't know why the link is not highlighted?

thanks
Back to top Go down
Repa
Site Administrator
Site Administrator
Repa

Number of posts : 2378
Humor : Age: Older than Dirt!
Registration date : 2008-09-19

Flash Bug Empty
PostSubject: Re: Flash Bug   Flash Bug Empty4/11/2016, 11:49

Make sure your Adobe Flash is updated to the latest version and stay away from websites you know nothing about. Don't open emails from anyone you don't know or aren't expecting email from. I don't know why the link isn't highlighted either.

You can check to see if you have the latest adobe flash by going to the control panel > click the adobe flash icon > click the update tab > click the check now button and follow the prompts if any.
Back to top Go down
wcturner
Royal Geek
Royal Geek

Flash Bug Empty
PostSubject: Re: Flash Bug   Flash Bug Empty4/11/2016, 13:23

Okay, thanks very much.
Back to top Go down
wcturner
Royal Geek
Royal Geek

Flash Bug Empty
PostSubject: Re: Flash Bug   Flash Bug Empty5/14/2016, 00:57

Repa,
This has happened before, but, this time I've got a screen shot of it:

Flash Bug Adobe_10

1. Before posting this I went to Control Panel to check if I have the latest adobe flash version, & I do...So, my question is this, why did the update adobe flash come up on my Desktop, is this a hoax, or a bug, or does Adobe just offer an update on my desktop, I think I might have at some time said that I would like to be offered updates..????

Thank you...
Back to top Go down
Repa
Site Administrator
Site Administrator
Repa

Number of posts : 2378
Humor : Age: Older than Dirt!
Registration date : 2008-09-19

Flash Bug Empty
PostSubject: Re: Flash Bug   Flash Bug Empty5/14/2016, 09:23

Definitely looks like a hoax. Look at the URL in the address box - www .freedownload software. club. (I've put spaces in the address so it does not appear as a link). That is not Adobe! When you get a notification that there is a new Adobe Flash version, it will be a popup, usually right after you boot up and before you open a browser, and it will not contain an address bar as in your image. Any notification that comes while you are browsing the web is suspect. The best thing to do is ALWAYS do as you did if you get a notification - go to the control panel and check there for the latest version and download it from there. Here's an article that discusses the problem of fake notifications:

http://www.cnet.com/news/how-to-determine-if-a-flash-update-notification-is-legitimate/
Back to top Go down
wcturner
Royal Geek
Royal Geek

Flash Bug Empty
PostSubject: Re: Flash Bug   Flash Bug Empty5/14/2016, 11:42

Repa wrote:
Definitely looks like a hoax. Look at the URL in the address box - www .freedownload software. club. (I've put spaces in the address so it does not appear as a link).
That is not Adobe! When you get a notification that there is a new Adobe Flash version, it will be a popup, usually right after you boot up and before you open a browser, and it will not contain an address bar as in your image. I didn't notice the address bar, I'll have to look more carefully!

Any notification that comes while you are browsing the web is suspect. Actually, I was booting up, & left the computer, & when I came back it was on the desktop.

The best thing to do is ALWAYS do as you did if you get a notification - go to the control panel and check there for the latest version and download it from there. Here's an article that discusses the problem of fake notifications:

http://www.cnet.com/news/how-to-determine-if-a-flash-update-notification-is-legitimate/

Please check my Windows Defender Updates post if u see this.
Thank you
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Flash Bug Empty
PostSubject: Re: Flash Bug   Flash Bug Empty

Back to top Go down

Flash Bug
Page 1 of 1