Geeks, Geeks and More Geeks
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

THIS FORUM IS NO LONGER ACTIVE. SORRY! DO NOT ATTEMPT TO REGISTER; YOUR REQUEST WILL NOT BE ACCEPTED.

PortalPortal  HomeHome  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Bookmarks

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
wcturner
Royal Geek
Royal Geek

Number of posts : 1165
Humor : Yes
Registration date : 2009-10-26

Bookmarks Empty
PostSubject: Bookmarks   Bookmarks Empty2/13/2016, 00:37

Repa, Can you help me?
1. More than ever now, I'm having lots of problems with, I assume with IE browser....each time I try to use it I have to wait longer & longer for the "Blue" IE ball to stop it's spinning. IE is just about useless isn't it??? What's it's problem, do you know

2. So, I decided to try Firefox again...I haven't used FF in quite some time, & I very soon discovered that some how I've lost all the bookmarks I used to have....I did not know that they would disappear over a period of time.

3. So, it looks like I'll have to try to remember how to transfer them from IE to FF...That is what I need to do isn't it?

Thank you in advance!
Back to top Go down
Repa
Site Administrator
Site Administrator
Repa

Number of posts : 2378
Humor : Age: Older than Dirt!
Registration date : 2008-09-19

Bookmarks Empty
PostSubject: Re: Bookmarks   Bookmarks Empty2/13/2016, 01:00

Bookmarks do not just disappear. Didn't you stop using Firefox and uninstall it some time back? Anyway, here's instructions on how to import your favorites in IE11 to Firefox:

https://support.mozilla.org/en-US/kb/import-bookmarks-internet-explorer
Back to top Go down
wcturner
Royal Geek
Royal Geek

Bookmarks Empty
PostSubject: Re: Bookmarks   Bookmarks Empty2/14/2016, 00:44

I did stop using FF but did not uninstall it some time back....& when I click on Bookmarks, it opens but all my former Bookmarks are not there. In the past when I didn't use FF for a while the Bookmarks would always be there when I would return to use FF...I was surprised that the Bookmarks are gone...& I still don't know why they're gone??

thank you
Back to top Go down
Repa
Site Administrator
Site Administrator
Repa

Bookmarks Empty
PostSubject: Re: Bookmarks   Bookmarks Empty2/14/2016, 00:52

I don't know WC, if you didn't uninstall FF and you didn't inadvertently delete them yourself, they are still there somewhere. Do a search for a key word or words that are in one you know and see if the search will find it. I have on occasion inadvertently dragged a file or folder into another folder and then couldn't find it at its typical location and had to do a search to find it. But, you can import the Favorites from IE11 following the instructions in the link I gave you.
Back to top Go down
wcturner
Royal Geek
Royal Geek

Bookmarks Empty
PostSubject: Re: Bookmarks   Bookmarks Empty2/14/2016, 12:38

I tried to do a search, but musta been incorrect....I clicked Start>firefox bookmarks>clicked the Enter key & it went to an internet site..bookmarks.com..

is the Start button where I am supposed to do the search...after all it has the blinking cursor & said "Search programs & files"?
Back to top Go down
Repa
Site Administrator
Site Administrator
Repa

Bookmarks Empty
PostSubject: Re: Bookmarks   Bookmarks Empty2/14/2016, 16:44

No, you do the search for files in Windows Explorer. Click on Computer > C drive and enter Bookmarks in the search box at the top right and click enter. You will get a long list of stuff. The bookmarks are in a folder named Firefox Bookmarks. It should be in C:\Users\"your user name". If it isn't, copy and past it there and then see if it shows up in Firefox. If you can't figure out what to do, go and import your IE files according to the directions given in the link I gave you and that will solve your problem.
Back to top Go down
wcturner
Royal Geek
Royal Geek

Bookmarks Empty
PostSubject: Re: Bookmarks   Bookmarks Empty2/14/2016, 19:33

ok, thank you
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content