Geeks, Geeks and More Geeks
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

THIS FORUM IS NO LONGER ACTIVE. SORRY! DO NOT ATTEMPT TO REGISTER; YOUR REQUEST WILL NOT BE ACCEPTED.

PortalPortal  HomeHome  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  

KVM switch - short cables

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
fay47
Royal Geek
Royal Geek
fay47

Number of posts : 1480
Registration date : 2008-10-17
Mood : none

KVM switch - short cables Empty
PostSubject: KVM switch - short cables   KVM switch - short cables Empty3/14/2012, 17:17

I have a company supplied 2 port KVM switch so I could share my monitor, mouse and keyboard between my house computer and my work laptop. I decided I would like to be able to share my old computer also. I orderd a 4 port KVM switch. The cables that came with it are VERY short. I had to move one of my stands around so that I could set the computers where the cables would reach. I can not believe they would supply such short cables with a 4 port switch. I don't think there is anyway I sould set up a 4th computer. I took off work this afternoon to try to get everything set up. It has taken me pretty much all afternoon - had to disconnect everything move stuff around and connect eveyrhing again. The switch seems to work ok, but I am not at all happy with the cables. Maybe sometime later I can see if I can find some other cables.
Right now I am tired.

Fay
Back to top Go down
Repa
Site Administrator
Site Administrator
Repa

Number of posts : 2378
Humor : Age: Older than Dirt!
Registration date : 2008-09-19

PostSubject: Re: KVM switch - short cables   KVM switch - short cables Empty3/14/2012, 21:25

bummer! - why don't you contact the manufacturer and see if you have some recourse about those cables - you never know, they may send you some longer replacements, or exchange them, or offer you some replacements at a reduced price.
Back to top Go down
fay47
Royal Geek
Royal Geek
fay47

Number of posts : 1480
Registration date : 2008-10-17
Mood : none

PostSubject: Re: KVM switch - short cables   KVM switch - short cables Empty3/14/2012, 22:10

Repa,

I probalby should have just returned it, but I didn't. For now, it will work ok the way I have it. I need to register it, then if I get a survey or anything from, them, I'll tell them what I think about it. It seems to work well. I am using only 3 of the 4 ports, all I need , good thing, could not find anywhere to set a 4th computer.

Maybe it is just as well. If I set the computers farther away - cables would be strung across the room. It is quite a mess right now anyway. In order to get the compuers close enough I had to move a printer farther away. The USB cable is not quite long enough - so I will have to get a little bit longer one, but hopefully that will not be a problem.

KVM switches are great though if you want to be able to switch beweteen multiple computers using the same monitor, keyboard and mouse. GUess most normal people would not have a reason to do that though. LOL

Fay
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: KVM switch - short cables   KVM switch - short cables Empty

Back to top Go down

KVM switch - short cables
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Geeks, Geeks and More Geeks :: Windows Computer Help :: Computer Discussion-
Jump to: