Geeks, Geeks and More Geeks
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

THIS FORUM IS NO LONGER ACTIVE. SORRY! DO NOT ATTEMPT TO REGISTER; YOUR REQUEST WILL NOT BE ACCEPTED.

PortalPortal  HomeHome  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Plug-ins... what are they

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
pepperpot
Site Administrator
Site Administrator
pepperpot

Number of posts : 715
Humor : I think I have one
Registration date : 2008-09-19
Mood : pensive

Plug-ins... what are they Empty
PostSubject: Plug-ins... what are they   Plug-ins... what are they Empty4/24/2009, 22:49

Sheila wrote:
I see some say a plug in. If its a plug in for photoshop 5 for instance...What does that mean? I've never used a plug in so I'm not sure if it would install as a new program of plugs into Photoshop?

Repa wrote:
There is a folder of "plug-ins" for all Photoshop software, Sheila, where you can add 3rd party compatible plug-ins. Most all of the filters and special effects in Photoshop and Photoshop Elements are plug-ins. You can find the folder on your computer here:

C:\Program Files\Adobe\Photoshop Elements 5.0\Plug-Ins

This is where you would add new, 3rd party plug-ins. When you open Photoshop, you will find an entry placed in the menu selection list somewhere that will point to the plug-in. I haven't added any myself yet, so don't exactly know where it shows up. If I find one I can trust to download, I may try it to see what happens.

You can read more about plugs-ins here
http://graphicssoft.about.com/od/pluginsfilterseffects/a/aboutplugins.htm?nl=1
Back to top Go down
Sheila
Global Moderator
Global Moderator
Sheila

Number of posts : 165
Registration date : 2008-10-18
Mood : fine

Plug-ins... what are they Empty
PostSubject: Re: Plug-ins... what are they   Plug-ins... what are they Empty5/2/2009, 19:59

Hi Sam...Thanks for making that sound clear for me....You too Repa...Gees I miss taking pictures and working on them...Maybe soon who knows...Wow the tulips are up and look so pretty too...Opps the plug ins well I'll have time to read and will ask for sure before trying to install any...I think real soon I'm going to take this computer to my friends house and have him go over it and make it like new again. I think it's about time...

Thanks again,
Back to top Go down

Plug-ins... what are they
Page 1 of 1