Geeks, Geeks and More Geeks
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

THIS FORUM IS NO LONGER ACTIVE. SORRY! DO NOT ATTEMPT TO REGISTER; YOUR REQUEST WILL NOT BE ACCEPTED.

PortalPortal  HomeHome  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Another template opening question...

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
ruthsollid
Royal Geek
Royal Geek
ruthsollid

Number of posts : 492
Registration date : 2008-10-17

Another template opening question... Empty
PostSubject: Another template opening question...   Another template opening question... Empty11/3/2009, 19:06

Sorry, but I just can’t seem to get it through my head, how to open a template, once it’s downloaded.

My daughter wants a website created for a fundraiser for her school. We found the perfect template here: http://www.oswd.org/design/preview/id/1954 I downloaded it, unzipped it, and there are only three folders. They are images, index.html (which opens text only in Firefox), and style (a CSS style sheet). When I try to open the index in DW, only the text shows. How do I open it in DW so that the full template shows and is editable?

I watched the video here: http://tv.adobe.com/watch/digital-design/defining-a-site/ about defining a site. I did that.

I remember Sam helping me last time with something like this and it was an easy solution. I think it was something about images??? I’m thinking that this is another easy thing that I’m just not doing.

Here's what I see in WinZip: Another template opening question... Ss_of_16

Here;s what I see in DW:

Another template opening question... Ss_of_17

Thanks for the help!
Back to top Go down
wwe9112
Royal Geek
Royal Geek

Number of posts : 534
Registration date : 2008-10-23
Mood : mellow

PostSubject: Re: Another template opening question...   Another template opening question... Empty11/3/2009, 21:21

I think you gotta open the html and css in dreamweaver. Right click on it, and click edit in DW or something like that.
Back to top Go down
pepperpot
Site Administrator
Site Administrator
pepperpot

Number of posts : 715
Humor : I think I have one
Registration date : 2008-09-19
Mood : pensive

PostSubject: Re: Another template opening question...   Another template opening question... Empty11/4/2009, 18:24

Ruth... honestly I have no clue as I have never used DW

from the first image it looks like the images are not in the folder

in the second image they look as if they are there... isnt there in DW a tab where you actually see the page with images and all, as you edit it?
Back to top Go down
ruthsollid
Royal Geek
Royal Geek
ruthsollid

PostSubject: Re: Another template opening question...   Another template opening question... Empty11/5/2009, 13:22

I know...it's so strange! If there IS a tab in DW (that would be perfect), I can't find it.

What's weird is that, if I make a change to the text in DW, and I preview it in
Firefox, it shows the whole template, with the changes.
Back to top Go down
ruthsollid
Royal Geek
Royal Geek
ruthsollid

PostSubject: Re: Another template opening question...   Another template opening question... Empty11/5/2009, 13:49

Your answer got me thinking to look at the items in "View" closer. I played with them and I see the template now! I edited it and previewed it in Firefox, everything seems fine now!!

I was talking with Fay last night, too. She had some good ideas also!

Thanks a bunch for helping, both of you!

Thanks for trying to help too wwe!
Back to top Go down
fay47
Royal Geek
Royal Geek
fay47

Number of posts : 1480
Mood : none

PostSubject: Re: Another template opening question...   Another template opening question... Empty11/6/2009, 20:53

Ruth,

Good for you , glad you got it to work.

Fay
Back to top Go down
ruthsollid
Royal Geek
Royal Geek
ruthsollid

PostSubject: Re: Another template opening question...   Another template opening question... Empty11/8/2009, 18:35

Thanks Fay! Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Another template opening question...   Another template opening question... Empty

Back to top Go down

Another template opening question...
Page 1 of 1