Geeks, Geeks and More Geeks
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

THIS FORUM IS NO LONGER ACTIVE. SORRY! DO NOT ATTEMPT TO REGISTER; YOUR REQUEST WILL NOT BE ACCEPTED.

PortalPortal  HomeHome  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  

sticky notes

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
fay47
Royal Geek
Royal Geek
fay47

Number of posts : 1480
Registration date : 2008-10-17
Mood : none

sticky notes Empty
PostSubject: sticky notes   sticky notes Empty5/30/2010, 21:17

I just happened to stumble across sitcky notes that comes with Windows 7. I guess it is no big deal, but I can sometimes get excited dover the little things. And for people like me, who have a hard time keeping up with their notes, I think I may come in very hand. I already have a stick note on my desktop with a list of things I need to do.

Thumbs up

Fay
Back to top Go down
angelface1961
Royal Geek
Royal Geek
angelface1961

Number of posts : 579
Registration date : 2009-01-10
Mood : fine

sticky notes Empty
PostSubject: Re: sticky notes   sticky notes Empty5/31/2010, 14:12

Vista has sticky notes too...I use them either for lists or something I need to remember. The one thing I do not like is you can not have more than one active. SO they are not like how I use sticky notes. But it is still fun.

I get excited over small stuff too Fay
Back to top Go down
fay47
Royal Geek
Royal Geek
fay47

sticky notes Empty
PostSubject: Re: sticky notes   sticky notes Empty5/31/2010, 15:15

Hollye,

What do you mean by "you can not have more than one active".
I went out and tried and now I have 2 sitcky notes on my desktop. Not sure what you mean by "active". Maybe it is different in Vista and Win 7?

Fay
Back to top Go down
Rike
Site Administrator
Site Administrator

Number of posts : 143
Registration date : 2008-10-21

sticky notes Empty
PostSubject: Re: sticky notes   sticky notes Empty5/31/2010, 18:22

I make use of the stickies, too, mostly when I need to write something down and can't find a pen! But if you want a REALLY great notekeeper, try Evernote http://www.evernote.com/
You can keep anything you want: clips from the web, jot down ideas, copy quotes, photos, - I like it for recipes. There is free sync to their cloud (if you want), so you can find your notes from a different computer. I think it is similar to Microsoft's OneNote, with the big difference that it is free. I've used it for several years now (pretty much from the puny beginnings), and I don't know what I would do without it. Check it out.
Back to top Go down
http://rikespages.spaces.live.com/
fay47
Royal Geek
Royal Geek
fay47

sticky notes Empty
PostSubject: Re: sticky notes   sticky notes Empty5/31/2010, 18:39

HI RIke,

My copy of office has OneNote with it, but I have never checked it out. I usually just use notpad,wordpad, or word to save any information I want to keep. I'll have to check it out someitme.

I just ran across the sticky notes by accident and thought it was kind of neat for temporary stuff I need to remember to do -instead of jotting a note on a pice of paper and taping to the computer case as a reminder.

I saw OneNote but really didn't know the purpose and haven't looked at it.
Thanks for the EverNote link.

Fay
Back to top Go down
fay47
Royal Geek
Royal Geek
fay47

sticky notes Empty
PostSubject: Re: sticky notes   sticky notes Empty9/29/2010, 18:56

I really like the stickies. I find myself making use of them a lot. I have had up to 3 different stickies on my desktop - some of them with muliple items on them - to remind me to do differerent things.

A fairly simple thing, but with my memory - or lack thereof, I find them very useful Smile

Fay
Back to top Go down
pepperpot
Site Administrator
Site Administrator
pepperpot

Number of posts : 715
Humor : I think I have one
Registration date : 2008-09-19
Mood : pensive

sticky notes Empty
PostSubject: Re: sticky notes   sticky notes Empty9/29/2010, 23:21

I tried it Fay... but I didn understand it or find it useful.... sorry my bad
Back to top Go down
fay47
Royal Geek
Royal Geek
fay47

sticky notes Empty
PostSubject: Re: sticky notes   sticky notes Empty10/1/2010, 17:41

Sam,

LOL thats ok. I probalby like it cause I am at the computer so much and it is a good place for me to put reminders. Instead of sticking that yellow sitcky notes to the computer case or frame of the moniotr, I can just put a "sticky" of my desktop. For instance - remind me to stick something in the mail the next day or make a phone call, or a short to do list of things I need to get done etc. I don't have to go out some place to look, it is just there for me to see everytime I look at my desktop. If I wasn't at the computer so much of the time, it would not be so useful.

Fay
Back to top Go down
angelface1961
Royal Geek
Royal Geek
angelface1961

Number of posts : 579
Registration date : 2009-01-10

sticky notes Empty
PostSubject: Re: sticky notes   sticky notes Empty10/1/2010, 18:42

fay47 wrote:
Hollye,

What do you mean by "you can not have more than one active".
I went out and tried and now I have 2 sitcky notes on my desktop. Not sure what you mean by "active". Maybe it is different in Vista and Win 7?

Fay

Sorry I didn't get back to you...by active I mean that you can only see one at a time so if you have 3 or 4 it is easy to forget about them because only the first one is seeable. If they could invent a sticky note so you can see more than one at a time like a real life sticky...that would be so handy.

Is there a product out there like that? Fay does Win 7 stickies allow more than one to be seen without flipping through them?
Back to top Go down
fay47
Royal Geek
Royal Geek
fay47

sticky notes Empty
PostSubject: Re: sticky notes   sticky notes Empty10/1/2010, 19:32

Holly,

I never had sticky notes before Win 7. And yes, you can have serveral visible at once. Right now I have 3 seperate stickies on my desktop and I can see all 3 of them at once. And sometimes I have multiple items on one sticky. I don't evenknow how to set them where you had to "flip" thru them. There may be a way but I don't know how. I just add a new sticky nad it shows up as a seperate item on my desktop.

Fay
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

sticky notes Empty
PostSubject: Re: sticky notes   sticky notes Empty

Back to top Go down

sticky notes
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Geeks, Geeks and More Geeks :: Windows Computer Help :: Computer Discussion-
Jump to: