Geeks, Geeks and More Geeks
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

THIS FORUM IS NO LONGER ACTIVE. SORRY! DO NOT ATTEMPT TO REGISTER; YOUR REQUEST WILL NOT BE ACCEPTED.

PortalPortal  HomeHome  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  

gimp help files

Go down 
AuthorMessage
Repa
Site Administrator
Site Administrator
Repa

Number of posts : 2378
Humor : Age: Older than Dirt!
Registration date : 2008-09-19

gimp help files Empty
PostSubject: gimp help files   gimp help files Empty10/25/2008, 15:59

fay47
Royal Geek

Posted: Thu Jul 03, 2008 2:38 pm Post subject: gimp help files · Quote · Edit · Delete · IP

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

How do I get the help files for GIMP?

Fay

Back to top · Profile · PM · Email

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Repa
Site Admin
User is Online

Posted: Thu Jul 03, 2008 8:03 pm Post subject: · Quote · Edit · Delete · IP

You can get them here:

http://www.gimphelp.org/

There are other download locations as well. This site looks ok, but be sure you save the download and scan the file before opening it.

Older than dirt!

fay47
Royal Geek

Posted: Thu Jul 03, 2008 10:44 pm Post subject: · Quote · Edit · Delete · IP

Repal

I guess I don't know what I am looking for. I went to the site in you post, but I do not see the help file download there. I see a link for some tutorials etc, but I don't see the one for the help file.

When I try to pull up help I get a message that the help files are missing and it points me to docs.gimp.org. I was able to get a pdf manual from there, but so far have not been able to find the help files that can be accesseed from gimp help. I am missing something. feeling kind of dumb.

Fay

pepperpot
Site Admin

Posted: Thu Jul 03, 2008 10:49 pm Post subject: · Quote · Edit · Delete · IP

Fay,

Are you looking for the "User's Manual"?

http://docs.gimp.org/en/

You know... Jane would be the perfect one to reply as she uses Gimp

"Spirituality is not religion, religion divides people. Believing in something unites"

Back to top · Profile · PM · Email · WWW

fay47
Royal Geek

Posted: Thu Jul 03, 2008 11:01 pm Post subject: · Quote · Edit · Delete · IP

I finally found it
http://gimp-win.sourceforge.net/stable.html
Not sure how I wound up there. This is the one I can access form the help menu in gimp.

Not really sure if it is of any more benefit then just going to the pdf manula outside of gimp - but the hlep work now - for whatever that is worth.

Fay

janewm

Posted: Sun Jul 06, 2008 12:02 am Post subject: · Quote · Edit · Delete · IP

Fay

That is the site I use for all GIMP downloads. Especially for the updates.

"If you cannot find the Truth right where you are, where else do you expect to find it?" Dogen

Back to top · Profile · PM · Email · WWW · MSN

fay47
Royal Geek

Posted: Sun Jul 06, 2008 11:52 am Post subject: · Quote · Edit · Delete · IP

Jane,

Thanks for letting me know that. I know very little aobut GIMP. Just decided to take a brief look at it the other day and then HELP would not work. I have it now - not sure how much I'll ever use it.
Back to top Go down

gimp help files
Page 1 of 1