Geeks, Geeks and More Geeks
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

THIS FORUM IS NO LONGER ACTIVE. SORRY! DO NOT ATTEMPT TO REGISTER; YOUR REQUEST WILL NOT BE ACCEPTED.

PortalPortal  HomeHome  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  

After Hard Drive Wipe and Reload

Go down 
3 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 9, 10, 11
AuthorMessage
Repa
Site Administrator
Site Administrator
Repa

Number of posts : 2378
Humor : Age: Older than Dirt!
Registration date : 2008-09-19

After Hard Drive Wipe and Reload - Page 11 Empty
PostSubject: Re: After Hard Drive Wipe and Reload   After Hard Drive Wipe and Reload - Page 11 Empty2/7/2012, 02:59

wcturner wrote:
I just got a window stating that OPXPApp.exe encountered a problem and needed to close. I thought I had seen the last of that one. I made a screen shot, but I can not get the geeks site to let me post it. The host an image and everything in the row above this text box will not work for me. I am doing this in the Firefox DMR's browser. Before posting this I tried posting the screen shot in the original Firefox Owner's account with Admin rights, and it would not post it in that browser either.

1) Do I need to do anything about the OPXPApp.exe window notice or just close it and ignore it?

This is an application called Omnipass that is used standalone or in conjunction with strong authentication devices such as fingerprint readers or smart cards. OmniPass allows users to conveniently and securely forget about passwords and protect their data. You can close the notice and ignore it, or if you don't use the application and are annoyed by the error, you may be able to uninstall the application, or at least disable it. To do that:

Set a new Restore Point. Look in the Control Panel and in Add/Remove Programs and see if there is an application called Omnipass. If you find it in Add/Remove Programs, see if you can uninstall it. If you can't, or if you decide that you don't want to in case the program might be needed, do a Search in your owner account and find the path for OPXPApp.exe. Follow that path and rename OPXPApp.exe to OPXPApp.old. It's possible you may have to go into the Administrator account in Safe Mode to do this, not sure. Try it in Normal Mode in your owner account first. Reboot and run for a while to check and see that doing this hasn't caused any other problems. By changing the name to OPXPApp.old, you can always change it back to OPXPApp.exe if you decide later that you need it.

2) Do you know why I can't use the color box, or host an image, etc on this site?

If you are using NoScript with your firefox browser, the following websites must be allowed in NoScript:
forumotion.net
servimg.com
illiweb.com

3) I am still trying to finish up the transfer of DMR's, and then close out the limited accounts.

Thanks.
Back to top Go down
wcturner
Royal Geek
Royal Geek

Number of posts : 1165
Humor : Yes
Registration date : 2009-10-26

PostSubject: Re: After Hard Drive Wipe and Reload   After Hard Drive Wipe and Reload - Page 11 Empty2/7/2012, 14:01

1) Googleapis is enabled, but I don't remember allowing it. Do I need to disable it?

2) I clicked to enable servimg.com, but, it is not showing at the bottom of the screen where it says "Scripts Partially Allowed", and I don't see it when I click "Options" at the bottom of screen in No Scripts.. It shows forumotion.net, and illiweb.com allowed. How do I find servimg.com, or do I need to find it?
Back to top Go down
Repa
Site Administrator
Site Administrator
Repa

PostSubject: Re: After Hard Drive Wipe and Reload   After Hard Drive Wipe and Reload - Page 11 Empty2/7/2012, 23:30

you don't need Googleapis. You do need servimg.com enabled. Click on the Host an Image icon and servimg.com should appear in your NoScript list. Enable it.
Back to top Go down
wcturner
Royal Geek
Royal Geek

Number of posts : 1165
Humor : Yes
Registration date : 2009-10-26

PostSubject: Re: After Hard Drive Wipe and Reload   After Hard Drive Wipe and Reload - Page 11 Empty2/8/2012, 01:41

Googleapis disabled.

servimg.com appeared down in Scripts Partially Allowed list. I knew I had enabled it before, I don't know where it was.?

All seems to be working now. I forgot about the "No Script" when I couldn't use the colors, etc. above. What do you call that row of stuff up there, Host an Image, etc.?
Back to top Go down
Repa
Site Administrator
Site Administrator
Repa

PostSubject: Re: After Hard Drive Wipe and Reload   After Hard Drive Wipe and Reload - Page 11 Empty2/8/2012, 18:02

Bulletin Board Codes (bbcodes). They are posting features that allow you to format your text, insert images and links, etc., like in Microsoft Word. You can read about it here:

https://geeksgeeksmoregeeks.forumotion.net/t12-posting-functions-bbcodes
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: After Hard Drive Wipe and Reload   After Hard Drive Wipe and Reload - Page 11 Empty

Back to top Go down

After Hard Drive Wipe and Reload
Page 11 of 11Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 9, 10, 11

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Geeks, Geeks and More Geeks :: Windows Computer Help :: Computer Security-
Jump to: