Geeks, Geeks and More Geeks
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

THIS FORUM IS NO LONGER ACTIVE. SORRY! DO NOT ATTEMPT TO REGISTER; YOUR REQUEST WILL NOT BE ACCEPTED.

PortalPortal  HomeHome  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Getting Listed on the Web Part 2 - written by Steve Myers

Go down 
AuthorMessage
GG&MG
Site Administrator
Site Administrator
GG&MG

Number of posts : 197
Registration date : 2008-09-19

Getting Listed on the Web Part 2 - written by Steve Myers Empty
PostSubject: Getting Listed on the Web Part 2 - written by Steve Myers   Getting Listed on the Web Part 2 - written by Steve Myers Empty10/1/2008, 01:53

Every site needs to be somewhere to gain traffic exposure, but...where do we do it at? The resources we use everyday are huge on getting traffic, we just don't see it. Placing your link on one site and leaving it there doesn't mean you'll get a lot of traffic, but it does mean you will get a back link to your site which is a plus for when someone does a search and somehow finds your site.

Getting listed on a site is not the easiest thing in the world, it takes time and a lot of patience, so if you don't have it, don't do it! You want to get listed on sites with the best PR (Page Rank) and sites with the most popularity in back links. I highly recommend using http://www.webconfs.com/ <-- these guys have amazing tools that are easy to use, and to understand what information they're giving you.

If you want to submit to a directory, use the tools on that site to find out if it's worth the time to fill the form out at that directory, or at any site that you want to get listed on or partner with.

Traffic to your site is very valueable as each person that hits your site to view, is possibly the next person that will either sign up, or refer you to a friend or family member.

When you submit to a directory, don't always use the SAME keywords, or description, or site title for that matter. Mix your options up and make it interesting, search engines love it when you make it interesting as it shows you have value to your site and want to be known for your outgoing advertising skills and personality.

"When do I know when to submit to a directory or write an article or request to be listed on a site that has a lot of traffic?" Well the real answer to that is "Do you know your traffic stats, and can you read and understand them.."

You really want to keep an eye out for your stats on how many hits you get an hour/day/month. If you notice you're going down, write an article, this will create HUGE publicity if you're great at getting the word out about your company and what you do and what services you offer.

Your chances on getting noticed by writing an article or a press release is 8/10, you can't lose. Content is what I love and if you have a great article that distracts me to look at what you have to offer "Then you have my attention!"

Letting people know you exist on the web is the most difficult job on the net. People struggle because they don't know what to do, or where to start. Once you get a start up on what you need to do, the road is yours.

Advertise by making banners, logos, buttons, text ads and ask people to link back to you, you'll be surprised at what they say if they like what you offer, so do your best in making a great layout, and images/content on your that will keep them there wanting to know more about you.

Submitting as well to search engines is huge, as explained in Part 1, Google, MSN, & Yahoo are MAJOR factors to getting noticed by good quality keywords.

Manually submit to directories by going from one to another, here's a great tool that will get you going.

http://directorysubmitter.imwishlist.com/

This tool will show you the page rank (which I recommend PR3 and up for better exposure) and tell you when you submitted to it. The tool is perfect and easy to use. I recommend only submitting to 6-7 directories a day.

Here's the reason I don't recommend you submitting to directories lower than a Page Rank 3, "They don't have enough exposure or content to get themselves up and running to the big guys just yet" and they won't give you the traffic and quality you need, feed your site with the right exposure and use this tool to do just that.

Second thing, place links in ALL the forums you post to, ok I admit I post to a lot of forums, maybe 9 Wink and all have over 500+ posts which means I will have excellent exposure and backlinks to my site because these forums have a lot of traffic and people who post every 30 seconds.

These type of forums have people who read posts and look at the signatures in the posts and go to them, "That's quality traffic"

Last but not least, BLOGS, post to blogs that are willing to take your information about your site and don't put the article in there, leave that for the big sites that have people who read those and enjoy what you have to write.

Blogs have great traffic as well, but choosing the right blog, is a tough job, so do your research carefully and use the tool I handed to you to check their traffic report and site stats.

Good luck and check out my next Part 3 that is coming up in 2 days Smile
Back to top Go down
https://geeksgeeksmoregeeks.forumotion.net

Getting Listed on the Web Part 2 - written by Steve Myers
Page 1 of 1