Geeks, Geeks and More Geeks
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

THIS FORUM IS NO LONGER ACTIVE. SORRY! DO NOT ATTEMPT TO REGISTER; YOUR REQUEST WILL NOT BE ACCEPTED.

PortalPortal  HomeHome  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  

How to get Optimized on the Web Part 1 - written by Steve Myers

Go down 
AuthorMessage
GG&MG
Site Administrator
Site Administrator
GG&MG

Number of posts : 197
Registration date : 2008-09-19

How to get Optimized on the Web Part 1 - written by Steve Myers Empty
PostSubject: How to get Optimized on the Web Part 1 - written by Steve Myers   How to get Optimized on the Web Part 1 - written by Steve Myers Empty10/1/2008, 01:54

Everyone knows that the search engines are one of many factors to get listed on the web, well it's not always what you think it may be. The search engines work around billions of keywords that are used over a million times a day. For your site to be noticed by these keywords are 1 out of 1000.

First step to get listed on the web is to submit (manually) to all the major search engines. Google, MSN, & Yahoo. These search engines are on eof my favorites as people all over the world use them, it's a common thing to do as you only think of these three search engines.

Keywords

When you are in the act of getting a submission in at a search engine, make sure you have all you gear, such as keywords, these guys go one by one after commas and are carefully used on every search that every person does daily. Your site will not be noticed unless you have powerful keywords.

People don't want to search for just internet or computers, they want to mix their searches up with more than 2 to 3 keywords, and you are the maker of getting this to work for your site so that if they use those keywords, you want to make sure your site will display on the first 3 pages of that search engine.

Again, keywords are very very important, use them wisely and carefully.

Description
I always make mine anywhere from 100 to 115 words, the crawlers don't find it to be very useful for so many words in your description as it's just going to over draw the crawl and not get everything in there at the same time, choose your description and make it match up with your keywords. In other words, your keywords are half of the words you want to use in your description because when people search, it also goes by your description results Wink Didn't know that did you..

Describe your site, but again, use your keywords, (but not all of them) just some).

Site Title
As for the same above, use your Site Title with keywords that defines your business, so let's say your site is about pets, Alberts Furry Pet Store ( just made that up) :p So the store name is using the words Pet, Store & Furry. Use these keywords in your keywords as well as in your description, making your site match all around, will make you look good on the search engines. The words in your site title are also used as keyword search results.

When you submit to a search engine, do it once every 3 months and know when you did it. Google caches their site every 5 to 6 days, which means they update the results and clean/filter out the ones that are no longer existing on the web (YOU WANT TO GET IN ON THAT NEXT CACHE!)

Advertising your site is almost second to none, if you know your resources use them and hold on to them like no one else can have them but you. Submit articles, pull together a press release and submit that to PressExposure.com or for your articles (use the same Press Release you did) and add it to EzineArticles.com or other article sites that have great quality content and that accept really good articles, be VERY picky, it's your site and you deserve the best spot on the web.

Well this is it for now I will post a Part 2 tomorrow. I hope this was helpful, and if it was, then you will love my next two I have coming up.
Back to top Go down
https://geeksgeeksmoregeeks.forumotion.net

How to get Optimized on the Web Part 1 - written by Steve Myers
Page 1 of 1