Geeks, Geeks and More Geeks
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

THIS FORUM IS NO LONGER ACTIVE. SORRY! DO NOT ATTEMPT TO REGISTER; YOUR REQUEST WILL NOT BE ACCEPTED.

PortalPortal  HomeHome  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Worried about Virus In Yahoo email??????

Go down 
3 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
AuthorMessage
Repa
Site Administrator
Site Administrator
Repa

Number of posts : 2378
Humor : Age: Older than Dirt!
Registration date : 2008-09-19

Worried about Virus In Yahoo email?????? - Page 6 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Worried about Virus In Yahoo email??????   Worried about Virus In Yahoo email?????? - Page 6 Empty12/9/2012, 21:28

wcturner wrote:
Repa, I just realized that there's no install just the download in "Downloads, so i'm gonna delete that and then run cleaner. I hope that's correct?

yes, that's fine.
Back to top Go down
wcturner
Royal Geek
Royal Geek

Number of posts : 1165
Humor : Yes
Registration date : 2009-10-26

PostSubject: Re: Worried about Virus In Yahoo email??????   Worried about Virus In Yahoo email?????? - Page 6 Empty12/9/2012, 21:43

1. Repa, You didn't mention anything about the screenshot #1, that says this version of AdwCleaner is outdated. Is that Ok, to keep using?

2. Look at this Win Update settings & is it OK?

Worried about Virus In Yahoo email?????? - Page 6 Change10
Back to top Go down
Repa
Site Administrator
Site Administrator
Repa

PostSubject: Re: Worried about Virus In Yahoo email??????   Worried about Virus In Yahoo email?????? - Page 6 Empty12/9/2012, 22:17

wcturner wrote:
1. Repa, You didn't mention anything about the screenshot #1, that says this version of AdwCleaner is outdated. Is that Ok, to keep using?

2. Look at this Win Update settings & is it OK?

Worried about Virus In Yahoo email?????? - Page 6 Change10

Yea, that's fine. IE9 will now appear in the optional updates. I was thinking the critical updates, but in checking my computer, it's in the optional updates. It's a good idea to have it set up this way anyway, as you can keep tabs on what is being updated on your machine before it's done, and will catch IE9 if they move it over to the critical updates.
Back to top Go down
wcturner
Royal Geek
Royal Geek

PostSubject: Re: Worried about Virus In Yahoo email??????   Worried about Virus In Yahoo email?????? - Page 6 Empty12/10/2012, 01:47

1. Repa, I went back & ran Adwcleaner as you said, the missing "Key" wasn't found. I've got the file scrshot. I had closed the App & when I reopened it, & the text box opened saying "Outdated version of Adwcleaner", & I accidently clicked OK by mistake, & it whisked me off to the Fr site. I X'ed out of the site before it opened, but, I was there long enough for my version of the app was deleted from my downloads. I used your supplied link to bleepingcomputer to download it again, & you won't believe the warning I got. It could only happen to me! Plus, I'll post the shot of the scan file I have for the scan I performed before the App was deleted. Edit: I forgot to tell you, I checked after I made the screen shot of the warning the Adwcleaner is not "commonly downloaded"etc., while that warning was still on my monitor. When I saw that Adwcleaner had been put in my Downloads, I clicked on the Delete down in that warning box, & it was removed right then. Look at this:

1. Worried about Virus In Yahoo email?????? - Page 6 Adwcle12

2. Worried about Virus In Yahoo email?????? - Page 6 Proble10

3. Worried about Virus In Yahoo email?????? - Page 6 Adwcln10

2. I'll have to quit for tonight, since I'm afraid to go back & try downloading again after that strange warning. I'll just wait til hear from you.

3. Earlier Sunday you had posted for me to go ahead & create the System Image, & backups, & then go & surf internet. I'm thinking that in light of that warning at bleepingcomputer, & I still need to get Malwarebytes, and run scans, I think maybe I should wait. You say? And, If it weren't fer bad luck, I'd have no luck atall, gloom, despair, & agony, on me!
Back to top Go down
Repa
Site Administrator
Site Administrator
Repa

PostSubject: Re: Worried about Virus In Yahoo email??????   Worried about Virus In Yahoo email?????? - Page 6 Empty12/10/2012, 11:19

WC, that warning is nothing more than that stupid download manager. Ignore the warning. That French site is nothing to be afraid of either. That is the author of adwcleaner.

1. Set a new Restore point.
2. Uninstall IE9. You will revert back to IE8.
3. Get Malwarebytes downloaded, installed and run to make sure you have a clean computer.
4. If all is ok, delete your Restore points as before and then set a new Restore point.
5. Run your backup. Be sure to set up a schedule (you'll see how in the instructions at that link) and then you can forget it after that.
6. You are done. Try to enjoy your computer now.

You can download adwcleaner again later, or not. As I said before, adwcleaner and TK123 should only be used when you suspect something is wrong and you don't find anything in your other normal maintenance scans.
Back to top Go down
wcturner
Royal Geek
Royal Geek

PostSubject: Re: Worried about Virus In Yahoo email??????   Worried about Virus In Yahoo email?????? - Page 6 Empty12/10/2012, 15:53

OK Repa, I'll try your latest instructions.

1. Let me ask you this though. You posted the following Yesterday at 02:21: Uninstall IE9, and IE8 will come back. Run ccleaner using both the cleaner and the registry options. On the registry clean, click Scan for Issues, when done click Fix selected issues. It will ask you if you want to backup the registry changes. Click yes, then click Save to the folder it opens in Windows Explorer, and then select the "Fix all selected issues" button on the little window in the middle of the screen. Do you think this is necessary now?

2. Oh, and is that one Key, that was never found & deleted by Adwcleaner, anything to worry about?
Back to top Go down
Repa
Site Administrator
Site Administrator
Repa

PostSubject: Re: Worried about Virus In Yahoo email??????   Worried about Virus In Yahoo email?????? - Page 6 Empty12/10/2012, 16:39

WC, I forgot the ccleaner run in my instructions above. I'll repost the revised list here, thanks for reminding me.

1. Set a new Restore point.
2. Uninstall IE9. You will revert back to IE8.
3. Run ccleaner using both the cleaner and the registry options. On the registry clean, click Scan for Issues, when done click Fix selected issues. It will ask you if you want to backup the registry changes. Click yes, then click Save to the folder it opens in Windows Explorer, and then select the "Fix all selected issues" button on the little window in the middle of the screen.
4. Get Malwarebytes downloaded, installed and run to make sure you have a clean computer.
5. If all is ok, delete your Restore points just as instructed before and then set a new Restore point and Reboot the system.
6. Run your backup. Be sure to set up a schedule (you'll see how in the instructions at that link) and then you can forget it after that.
7. You are done. Try to enjoy your computer now.

You can download adwcleaner again later, or not. As I said before, adwcleaner and TK123 need only be used when you suspect something is wrong and you don't find anything in your other normal maintenance scans.

Note: if all goes well and you don't have problems over the next few weeks, you can cut your malware scans of Spybot, Malwarebytes, SuperAntiSpyware, and Sophos back to once every 2 weeks or so. But, maintain your schedule for updating Spybot and Spywareblaster at once per week, as they provide realtime protection.
Back to top Go down
wcturner
Royal Geek
Royal Geek

PostSubject: Re: Worried about Virus In Yahoo email??????   Worried about Virus In Yahoo email?????? - Page 6 Empty12/10/2012, 17:52

1. I got IE9 Uninstalled. I finally figured out that you meant thru the Control Panel>Windows Update to Uninstall it. Up to then, I was thinking go to Windows Update website like we did in Win XP. That's why I kept asking "How To Do It".

2. I'll have to stop for now & begin the rest of instructions Update later.

3. I'll get Malwarebytes downloaded. You had mentioned running Malwarebytes in safe mode before you found out that IE9 was the problem. How should I run it now?

4. I think I'll go ahead & download Adwcleaner again now that I've got IE8. And, maybe that one Key, that was never found & deleted by Adwcleaner, will be found now.? Since it was not deleted, is it much to worry about?

5. Will anything in this post, such as #4, alter your latest instructions??

Back to top Go down
Repa
Site Administrator
Site Administrator
Repa

PostSubject: Re: Worried about Virus In Yahoo email??????   Worried about Virus In Yahoo email?????? - Page 6 Empty12/10/2012, 18:24

wcturner wrote:
1. I got IE9 Uninstalled. I finally figured out that you meant thru the Control Panel>Windows Update to Uninstall it. Up to then, I was thinking go to Windows Update website like we did in Win XP. That's why I kept asking "How To Do It".

Now you have me confused. You go to the Control Panel > Programs and Features > View Installed Updates >Highlight the IE9 entry in the list of updates and then click Uninstall to uninstall it. If you go to Control Panel > Windows Update you will only be able to prevent IE9 from updating by unchecking the block beside it. which is what you will want to do everytime an update is available to prevent it from downloading again if it is switched from the Optional Updates to the Critical Updates, or if you decide to download the optional updates. Exactly what did you do to uninstall it? You can check your current version of IE by clicking Help on the menu bar and select About Internet Explorer. That will tell you what version you have. If you have IE8, then ignore this comment. If it's IE9, then follow the instructions in the second sentence of this paragraph to uninstall it.

Correction: well, Fay pointed out that there is a link at the bottom of the Windows Update panel called Installed Updates that takes you back to Programs and Features where you do the uninstall. I never paid attention to it before. If that is what you did, great! Still check your version of IE as described above to make sure you have IE8 now. You will still have to check each Windows Update when it becomes available to make sure you don't download the IE9 update again.

2. I'll have to stop for now & begin the rest of instructions Update later.

3. I'll get Malwarebytes downloaded. You had mentioned running Malwarebytes in safe mode before you found out that IE9 was the problem. How should I run it now?

If you don't have any problems with the download, install, updating to the latest malwarebyte definitions, then you can run in normal mode, or to be really sure, safe mode - your choice.

4. I think I'll go ahead & download Adwcleaner again now that I've got IE8. And, maybe that one Key, that was never found & deleted by Adwcleaner, will be found now.? Since it was not deleted, is it much to worry about?

I'm not sure why it showed only 3 keys deleted and then the other not show on your next scan. So, if you do download it, then run it again and see what it shows. If the key doesn't show, then proceed.

5. Will anything in this post, such as #4, alter your latest instructions??

You should do adwcleaner either just before Malwarebytes or just after Malwarebytes. Which you do first doesn't matter.
Back to top Go down
wcturner
Royal Geek
Royal Geek

PostSubject: Re: Worried about Virus In Yahoo email??????   Worried about Virus In Yahoo email?????? - Page 6 Empty12/11/2012, 01:28

1. I could tell right off the bat that I had reverted back to IE8, even without all the other confirmations, such as, when I clicked the "Uninstall" while IE9 was highlighted, or the "Restart" that was required to take effect, or the IE8 Setup that popped up onscreen, and the different look of the top of page, the menu bar, tool bar(I think I got their names correct not sure, CORRECT ME), their location etc. to name a few.

2. Repa said: Now you have me confused. Exactly what did you do to uninstall it? You go to the Control Panel > Programs and Features > View Installed Updates I tried it like you said, but, IE9 wasn't in my Programs and Features list. I went Control Panel> Windows Update>View Update History>click the blue link, near top, in middle of page>see Installed Updates, and it was located at the bottom of the Installed Updates list. But, as I said, IE9 wasn't in my Programs and Features list.
Fay pointed out a link at the bottom of the Windows Update panel called Installed Updates Yeah, I just found it myself, & was gonna post it, til I scroll down & saw it here in your post.

Here's a couple screen shots to show my route, look at the text long box at the top, it shows my route:
Worried about Virus In Yahoo email?????? - Page 6 Win_up10

Worried about Virus In Yahoo email?????? - Page 6 Win_up11

3. Repa said: If you go to Control Panel > Windows Update you will only be able to prevent IE9 from updating by unchecking the block beside it. which is what you will want to do everytime an update is available to prevent it from downloading again if it is switched from the Optional Updates to the Critical Updates, or if you decide to download the optional updates. to prevent IE9 from updating by unchecking the block beside it. I assume you mean when you view available updates, then there is a block beside it to uncheck.?

4. I'll let you know progress.
Back to top Go down
wcturner
Royal Geek
Royal Geek

PostSubject: Re: Worried about Virus In Yahoo email??????   Worried about Virus In Yahoo email?????? - Page 6 Empty12/11/2012, 02:11

On your instructions on the registry options, On the Registry Clean, I click Scan For Issues, But, I just leave all the boxes checked, just as they are currently? Is this correct?
Back to top Go down
Repa
Site Administrator
Site Administrator
Repa

PostSubject: Re: Worried about Virus In Yahoo email??????   Worried about Virus In Yahoo email?????? - Page 6 Empty12/11/2012, 02:15

wcturner wrote:

3. Repa said: If you go to Control Panel > Windows Update you will only be able to prevent IE9 from updating by unchecking the block beside it. which is what you will want to do everytime an update is available to prevent it from downloading again if it is switched from the Optional Updates to the Critical Updates, or if you decide to download the optional updates. to prevent IE9 from updating by unchecking the block beside it. I assume you mean when you view available updates, then there is a block beside it to uncheck.?

Yes, the available updates. BTW, I'm going to Raleigh tomorrow and won't be back until Wed evening. May not be able to get here before I get home. Just take it slow and easy and you'll be ok. Nothing about what's left is hard. Fay will be around to help if you need it.

On your instructions on the registry options, On the Registry Clean, I click Scan For Issues, But, I just leave all the boxes checked, just as they are currently? Is this correct?

Correct.
Back to top Go down
wcturner
Royal Geek
Royal Geek

PostSubject: Re: Worried about Virus In Yahoo email??????   Worried about Virus In Yahoo email?????? - Page 6 Empty12/12/2012, 15:39

1. Repa, Got some screenshots for your perusal. Please view & get your comments please. The first two are the Ccleaner registery runs. A. shows what it found & B shows what was fixed.

A. Worried about Virus In Yahoo email?????? - Page 6 Cclean10

B. Worried about Virus In Yahoo email?????? - Page 6 Cclean11

The next three shots are about Adwcleaner. C. shows the yellow Ribbon Text Bar, I think that"s IE8 Security, that blocked the download, until I remembered to Click the "X" to allow download.

C. Worried about Virus In Yahoo email?????? - Page 6 Yellow10

Next is the scan file done in Normal Mode, & that "Key" not found.

D. Worried about Virus In Yahoo email?????? - Page 6 Adwc_110

Next is Safe Mode Scan & that "Key" not found.

E. Worried about Virus In Yahoo email?????? - Page 6 Adwcle10

2. Please give me your take? thanks

Back to top Go down
Repa
Site Administrator
Site Administrator
Repa

PostSubject: Re: Worried about Virus In Yahoo email??????   Worried about Virus In Yahoo email?????? - Page 6 Empty12/12/2012, 16:23

Everything looks fine WC, finish up and start enjoying your computer.
Back to top Go down
wcturner
Royal Geek
Royal Geek

PostSubject: Re: Worried about Virus In Yahoo email??????   Worried about Virus In Yahoo email?????? - Page 6 Empty12/12/2012, 17:17

Repa, Please take a look at these available Win Updates. I'm still never real sure on how to determine which ones to install. The only one that was available that I did install was the KB2744842 the IE8 security update. I wanted to check with you first on the others. And, I probably should not bother with the optional ones. What do you think?

Worried about Virus In Yahoo email?????? - Page 6 Win_ne10

Worried about Virus In Yahoo email?????? - Page 6 Win_5_10

Thanks
Back to top Go down
Repa
Site Administrator
Site Administrator
Repa

PostSubject: Re: Worried about Virus In Yahoo email??????   Worried about Virus In Yahoo email?????? - Page 6 Empty12/12/2012, 18:55

wcturner wrote:
Repa, Please take a look at these available Win Updates. I'm still never real sure on how to determine which ones to install. The only one that was available that I did install was the KB2744842 the IE8 security update. I wanted to check with you first on the others. And, I probably should not bother with the optional ones. What do you think?

Worried about Virus In Yahoo email?????? - Page 6 Win_ne10

Worried about Virus In Yahoo email?????? - Page 6 Win_5_10

Thanks

On the first one (important updates) - the first one will install IE9. Uncheck it so it doesn't install and always install all the others. You will have to do this with each available update from now on.

On the 2nd one (optional updates) - Those are up to you. I usually install the ones having to do with Windows and the AMD update that is for your Sata hard drive drive controller. I would not install the Bing desktop thing.
Back to top Go down
wcturner
Royal Geek
Royal Geek

PostSubject: Re: Worried about Virus In Yahoo email??????   Worried about Virus In Yahoo email?????? - Page 6 Empty12/12/2012, 20:50

Here's Malwarebytes screen shots. I forgot to make a note of the number of which scr. shot this question is regarding, but, I think it is about # 5 or #6. The small dialog box says "This is already in this folder,do you want to put it in here anyway?"(Not the exact wording, but similar) I Clicked "Yes" to put it into that folder anyway.
a. Was it OK to put it into that folder?

b. In order to learn, can you explain to me the meaning of that, because I don't have a clue, & I would like to know what's in the folder already, how it got there(previous download?), will it cause a problem placing it there??

1. Worried about Virus In Yahoo email?????? - Page 6 Malwar10

2. Worried about Virus In Yahoo email?????? - Page 6 Malbyt10

3. Worried about Virus In Yahoo email?????? - Page 6 Malbyt11

4. Worried about Virus In Yahoo email?????? - Page 6 Malbyt12

5. Worried about Virus In Yahoo email?????? - Page 6 Malbyt13

6. Worried about Virus In Yahoo email?????? - Page 6 Malbyt14

7. Worried about Virus In Yahoo email?????? - Page 6 Malbyt15

8. Worried about Virus In Yahoo email?????? - Page 6 Malbyt16

9. Worried about Virus In Yahoo email?????? - Page 6 Malbyt17

C. Will we have to try to remove that "Undeleted Key" that Adwcleaner never found, or not to worry?

I think I'm ready to delete the old Restore Points,create a new one & then backups.
Back to top Go down
Repa
Site Administrator
Site Administrator
Repa

PostSubject: Re: Worried about Virus In Yahoo email??????   Worried about Virus In Yahoo email?????? - Page 6 Empty12/12/2012, 21:09

wcturner wrote:
Here's Malwarebytes screen shots. I forgot to make a note of the number of which scr. shot this question is regarding, but, I think it is about # 5 or #6. The small dialog box says "This is already in this folder,do you want to put it in here anyway?"(Not the exact wording, but similar) I Clicked "Yes" to put it into that folder anyway.
a. Was it OK to put it into that folder?

b. In order to learn, can you explain to me the meaning of that, because I don't have a clue, & I would like to know what's in the folder already, how it got there(previous download?), will it cause a problem placing it there??

The above occurred because you didn't delete that folder, which you were supposed to look for and delete if it was there. However, not to worry, it's fine. The update occurred normally and over-wrote most if not all of what remained in the folder and the scans look fine, so don't worry about it. Finish what's left and get on with enjoying your computer.

Back to top Go down
wcturner
Royal Geek
Royal Geek

PostSubject: Re: Worried about Virus In Yahoo email??????   Worried about Virus In Yahoo email?????? - Page 6 Empty12/13/2012, 01:50

Repa,
1. I told you about this a while back, & you may have forgotten about it, and, I forgot to mention this earlier tonight. Do you remember when I installed "Office 2010", & something about that installation caused my WordPad document Icons on my desktop to change from the "A" on the front of them, & then change to the 3 rows, of what appears to me to look like 3 lights. If you will notice in scr shots #1, & #2, that's the 3 rows of 3 lights, I'm talking about.
Now, if you will look at the next Scr shot #3, they suddenly changed back to the "Normal" WordPad Appearance, & I'm not sure what caused them to return to that standard "Look"??

I thought maybe the Ccleaner Registry cleaning could have something to do with it, but, after looking at scr. shot #2, & then at #3, one might think that Malwarebytes had some effect? That's just very curious to me. Do you have any clue what could have caused that Metamorphosis?

2. For my information. I'm about ready to delete the old Restore Points, then set a new one.
Is deleting the old Restore Points done to prevent One from maybe Restoring back to a "Bad" maybe infected Restore Point?

3. Should I install those "Available Windows Updates" before or after, deleting the old Restore Points or does it matter either way??

4. Hoping to finish up Thu. or Fri, & man, will I ever be glad!!
Back to top Go down
Repa
Site Administrator
Site Administrator
Repa

PostSubject: Re: Worried about Virus In Yahoo email??????   Worried about Virus In Yahoo email?????? - Page 6 Empty12/13/2012, 14:04

wcturner wrote:
Repa,
1. I told you about this a while back, & you may have forgotten about it, and, I forgot to mention this earlier tonight. Do you remember when I installed "Office 2010", & something about that installation caused my WordPad document Icons on my desktop to change from the "A" on the front of them, & then change to the 3 rows, of what appears to me to look like 3 lights. If you will notice in scr shots #1, & #2, that's the 3 rows of 3 lights, I'm talking about.
Now, if you will look at the next Scr shot #3, they suddenly changed back to the "Normal" WordPad Appearance, & I'm not sure what caused them to return to that standard "Look"??

I thought maybe the Ccleaner Registry cleaning could have something to do with it, but, after looking at scr. shot #2, & then at #3, one might think that Malwarebytes had some effect? That's just very curious to me. Do you have any clue what could have caused that Metamorphosis?

The computer gods have smiled on you! No other explanation - take it as a gift and keep on trucking!

2. For my information. I'm about ready to delete the old Restore Points, then set a new one.
Is deleting the old Restore Points done to prevent One from maybe Restoring back to a "Bad" maybe infected Restore Point?

Yes

3. Should I install those "Available Windows Updates" before or after, deleting the old Restore Points or does it matter either way??

Delete the old restore points first, set a new restore point, do Windows Update, do your backup an then try to enjoy your computer.

4. Hoping to finish up Thu. or Fri, & man, will I ever be glad!!
Back to top Go down
wcturner
Royal Geek
Royal Geek

PostSubject: Re: Worried about Virus In Yahoo email??????   Worried about Virus In Yahoo email?????? - Page 6 Empty12/13/2012, 15:38

1. In case you can't tell, I'm "gun shy"...... I also forgot to ask, will any of these remaining tasks affect IE8 in any way, I don't think it will, but wanted to know ahead of time???

2. Another forgot to ask question. The last time I tried to delete the old restore points, 1st try said it couldn't delete'em, 2nd. try did delete them. What is the solution if the old restore points cannot be deleted, I'm just looking in advance??.....

thanks
Back to top Go down
Repa
Site Administrator
Site Administrator
Repa

PostSubject: Re: Worried about Virus In Yahoo email??????   Worried about Virus In Yahoo email?????? - Page 6 Empty12/13/2012, 17:02

wcturner wrote:
1. In case you can't tell, I'm "gun shy"...... I also forgot to ask, will any of these remaining tasks affect IE8 in any way, I don't think it will, but wanted to know ahead of time???

No

2. Another forgot to ask question. The last time I tried to delete the old restore points, 1st try said it couldn't delete'em, 2nd. try did delete them. What is the solution if the old restore points cannot be deleted, I'm just looking in advance??.....

On the same page where the Delete button is, instead of clicking the Delete button, select "Turn off system protection", and click Ok. Reply Yes to "Are you sure you want to turn off system protection on this drive?" Wait 30 seconds to a minute, then select "Restore system settings and previous versions of files" and click ok. Click the Create button on the remaining page to create a new restore point as before.

thanks
Back to top Go down
wcturner
Royal Geek
Royal Geek

PostSubject: Re: Worried about Virus In Yahoo email??????   Worried about Virus In Yahoo email?????? - Page 6 Empty12/13/2012, 19:16

1. This time the old restore points deleted the 2nd. time once again. But, then, another window opened up I've not seen before. I started to click "Yes" but, figured if that was wrong, it would cause less trouble by clicking "Yes". See scr shot.

2. If all the old restore points were deleted like it told me, how could there be more restore points like it says in this screen shot?

Worried about Virus In Yahoo email?????? - Page 6 Not_en10

3. So, now, do I have to go back & click to delete all old restore points again, or what?? Or, will your last post cover this?

I wonder what it feels like for something to work like it is supposed to in the first go round???...
Back to top Go down
Repa
Site Administrator
Site Administrator
Repa

PostSubject: Re: Worried about Virus In Yahoo email??????   Worried about Virus In Yahoo email?????? - Page 6 Empty12/13/2012, 21:22

wcturner wrote:
1. This time the old restore points deleted the 2nd. time once again. But, then, another window opened up I've not seen before. I started to click "Yes" but, figured if that was wrong, it would cause less trouble by clicking "Yes". See scr shot.

2. If all the old restore points were deleted like it told me, how could there be more restore points like it says in this screen shot?

Worried about Virus In Yahoo email?????? - Page 6 Not_en10

3. So, now, do I have to go back & click to delete all old restore points again, or what?? Or, will your last post cover this?

I wonder what it feels like for something to work like it is supposed to in the first go round???...

I've never used the delete button, always did what I last posted. That guarantees they all get deleted. But clicking yes would have saved you the trouble. It's all the restore points you want deleted, both the recent and the older ones. You can do it either way. You should also increase the storage size for the Restore points to about 4% or there abouts by sliding that bar to the right on the page behind that little window with the message about the old restore points. And quit worrying about every little thing that you haven't seen before. I'm not going to tell you to do something that will hurt your computer if you follow the instructions I give you. I can't always remember every little window that is going to pop up in the process because I seldom do what I instruct you to do.
Back to top Go down
wcturner
Royal Geek
Royal Geek

PostSubject: Re: Worried about Virus In Yahoo email??????   Worried about Virus In Yahoo email?????? - Page 6 Empty12/14/2012, 01:40

Repa,
Screen shot following.
I don't think I need this Optional Windows Management Framework Update do I??
I don't know if this is the same animal or not, but at one time in my old XP you had mentioned that I maybe should uninstall all the installed "Framework" updates? thanks

Worried about Virus In Yahoo email?????? - Page 6 Win_fr10
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Worried about Virus In Yahoo email??????   Worried about Virus In Yahoo email?????? - Page 6 Empty

Back to top Go down

Worried about Virus In Yahoo email??????
Page 6 of 7Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next