Geeks, Geeks and More Geeks
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

THIS FORUM IS NO LONGER ACTIVE. SORRY! DO NOT ATTEMPT TO REGISTER; YOUR REQUEST WILL NOT BE ACCEPTED.

PortalPortal  HomeHome  GalleryGallery  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Worried about Virus In Yahoo email??????

Go down 
3 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
AuthorMessage
wcturner
Royal Geek
Royal Geek

Number of posts : 1165
Humor : Yes
Registration date : 2009-10-26

Worried about Virus In Yahoo email?????? - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Worried about Virus In Yahoo email??????   Worried about Virus In Yahoo email?????? - Page 3 Empty12/2/2012, 23:33

The instructions you just wrote above my last post about create system image. What I'm asking is, Will I have to do all the stuff That I saw in the Control Panel , making the Windows Backup like it says in Control Panel, before I can create the system image for the external hard drive?
Back to top Go down
wcturner
Royal Geek
Royal Geek

PostSubject: Re: Worried about Virus In Yahoo email??????   Worried about Virus In Yahoo email?????? - Page 3 Empty12/2/2012, 23:45

You've got to understand, I don't know what I'm doing here, with this external hard drive that you suggested I get, about create a system image, or if it would make any difference when I connect the external Hard drive. If I knew all this, I would already have it done, but I don't.

I was getting ready to try setting up the external Hard drive, & then try the create system image, until I saw in Control panel the made me think that I would need to set up the "BackUp thing first.? or not? So, this is where I am.
Back to top Go down
Repa
Site Administrator
Site Administrator
Repa

Number of posts : 2378
Humor : Age: Older than Dirt!
Registration date : 2008-09-19

PostSubject: Re: Worried about Virus In Yahoo email??????   Worried about Virus In Yahoo email?????? - Page 3 Empty12/2/2012, 23:53

No, you need to have the external hard drive connected to do the backups. Windows 7 will not let you backup your C drive on your C drive, and it wouldn't make any sense to do that anyway. You have to have another hard dirve or do it on DVDs, which will take many and forever to do. You want to do it on the external hard drive. It's easy, just follow the wizard's instructions and the directions I gave you with links to follow for each operation. They even come with pictures. Just follow in the order given the instructions I gave you for doing the backups 3 posts back that contain links to instructions for creating an image on your new external hard drive, creating a boot repair disk, restoring your computer from a Windows 7 image backup if you cannot boot into Windows, and finally backing up folders and files containing favorites, pictures and important documents to your external hard drive. The only thing you won't do is the restore operation using the image created - you'll do all 3 creates - an image, a boot repair disk, and a backup of important files and folders. All of this is also in Help on your computer (Help on the menu bar of Windows Explorer).

Back to top Go down
wcturner
Royal Geek
Royal Geek

PostSubject: Re: Worried about Virus In Yahoo email??????   Worried about Virus In Yahoo email?????? - Page 3 Empty12/3/2012, 00:27

You see I was ready to connect the external hard drive until I went to control panel & it appeared to me that where it said No backup found or some thing like that, & I thought I had to follow what it was saying in control panel before I could use the externa hard drive & all that stuff.

I just didn't understand, & my age & health, are not my best friends. Please bear with me. I'm trying, & I realize that it's hard on you trying to help me, when I'm not much good at explaining this stuff to you.

I was just at yahoo email trying to get some of that done. I was having problems signing in there. I just changed my password, and I swa your topic notification in my email, so i came here to see your reply. It seems like it will take me forever to get this stuff completed. I've just got so much to do that it's taking a terrible toll on me. I hope you
can maybe understand. thanks
Back to top Go down
Repa
Site Administrator
Site Administrator
Repa

PostSubject: Re: Worried about Virus In Yahoo email??????   Worried about Virus In Yahoo email?????? - Page 3 Empty12/3/2012, 00:42

No problem, don't worry about it WC.
Back to top Go down
wcturner
Royal Geek
Royal Geek

PostSubject: Re: Worried about Virus In Yahoo email??????   Worried about Virus In Yahoo email?????? - Page 3 Empty12/3/2012, 01:03

I think I'll try to keep my current Yahoo email, since I've got time invested in it, that is if I don't have any more trouble with it. As I said, i'm cleaning out some emails and deleting those email boxes etc. & see how it goes.

Thanks for your patience & understanding.

Edit: Repa, after sleeping on it & in light of some things that didn't act exactly correct while on yahoo email last night, & after I posted the above, I'm thinking that I will delete my yahoo account.

Got a question for you though, that i hope you can answer. If I forward any email from my yahoo account to my gmail account, is there a chance that whatever has been causing the bad behavior in my yahoo, could that be transferred over to my gmail? If there's a good chance of "infecting" my gmail then I'll just have to delete all of my yahoo account & start over with it.?

Thanks for your patience & understanding.

Back to top Go down
Repa
Site Administrator
Site Administrator
Repa

PostSubject: Re: Worried about Virus In Yahoo email??????   Worried about Virus In Yahoo email?????? - Page 3 Empty12/3/2012, 17:57

Where did my reply go? I know I did one! Oh, well.... scratch If you don't see the same things in your wife's email that are bothering you in yours and you aren't sure what's going on with yours, then just delete it and create a new account with a very strong password. Get Fay to help you export your contacts list and any archived messages that you are sure are safe and want to keep so you can import them into a new account and then she can explain how to delete your old account and create a new one if you need that kind of help.
Back to top Go down
fay47
Royal Geek
Royal Geek
fay47

Number of posts : 1480
Registration date : 2008-10-17
Mood : none

PostSubject: Re: Worried about Virus In Yahoo email??????   Worried about Virus In Yahoo email?????? - Page 3 Empty12/3/2012, 19:09

I have never tried to export from Yahoo, I pretty much use it for junk. That is the address I usualy give when I sign up for different sites.

I did a bit of looking and did find some instructions for exporting contacts - I will have to go back and look again, but that is no problem I can do that and so I think I get give you the instrucitos for that. I don't think it is very hard. Let me know if you want the instructions for that.

I could not find how to export messages though. Most of what I found said - to forward or copy and paste individual messages. But if you have a lot of messages you want to save, that would be a pain. Some things I found seemed to indicate there may be a tool you can download to do the export, not sure if it is free or if you have to pay for it. I have not checked that out. But from what I could find in Yahoo there is no built it way to export messages. I do not know why. If you are interested in tyring to get a tool to do it, I can try to check on it when I have time. I don't mind doing it, just can't promise when I will get around to it. Depends on what is going on at work and how I am feeling. Just let me know.

Fay

Fay

Fay
Back to top Go down
wcturner
Royal Geek
Royal Geek

PostSubject: Re: Worried about Virus In Yahoo email??????   Worried about Virus In Yahoo email?????? - Page 3 Empty12/3/2012, 19:33

Repa said: Where did my reply go? I know I did one! Oh, well.... I didn't know that kind if stuff happened to you also.

1. I found the yahoo page on how to delete an account, I guess That's all I need.

2. I was hoping to get this yahoo taken care of today. You did say it was urgent, didn't you? I assume that your meaning is that some of those viruses that Avast blocked could happen again???

Edit: Fay, Seems I was writing while you posted or something. Anyway, as I posted above #1, I think the delete an account page is all I'll need. But, thanks anyway!
Back to top Go down
wcturner
Royal Geek
Royal Geek

PostSubject: Re: Worried about Virus In Yahoo email??????   Worried about Virus In Yahoo email?????? - Page 3 Empty12/4/2012, 00:24

Repa,
My yahoo email account is totally terminated now.

1. I attempted to change my email notifications back to my gmail account, but, I could not get it changed. I'll try again, if it doesn't work for me, do you think you can change it?

2. You were saying that It was urgent take care of the yahoo email right away, & since I have not been visiting sites other than this one, and my yahoo is deleted now, I should be Okay, don't you think?
thanks

Edit: It still won't change my email. I clicked to modify email, & the page just wants to change password, no mention of changing email address. How do u change password?
Back to top Go down
wcturner
Royal Geek
Royal Geek

PostSubject: Re: Worried about Virus In Yahoo email??????   Worried about Virus In Yahoo email?????? - Page 3 Empty12/4/2012, 01:20

Repa,

1. Please look at the 2 posts above this one., & tell me what u think?

2. All these questions are taken from your post of Sun. Dec 02, @ 21:02, that has the links for "creating an image of your hard drive". I'm looking ahead & saw in #10, of your ehow link, Create a Backup Image in Windows 7, Windows 7 will give you the option to create a system repair disk along with the system image. That will not be necessary will it?? But, if it was, could a DVD+R, or a CD -R be used for that? Just for my info.

3. Repa said: You will also need to create a Boot Repair disk in order to use the image file Won't either of these DVD+R, or a CD -R be Okay for that also, since I've already got them on hand?

4. I'll ask about this now also. This is from #3 item & following is at the link web page. "Pop it in your CD drive and if the BIOS is already set to boot from CD-ROM first, then you will see the following screen." I was wondering if my machine BIOS is set to boot from CD or DVD?

5. About how long does it take to create the system image, to be saved on the external hard drive?

6. I just wanted to know these answers before getting to those steps, & not having the proper discs if I needed them.

thanks
Back to top Go down
Repa
Site Administrator
Site Administrator
Repa

PostSubject: Re: Worried about Virus In Yahoo email??????   Worried about Virus In Yahoo email?????? - Page 3 Empty12/4/2012, 02:25

wcturner wrote:

1. I attempted to change my email notifications back to my gmail account, but, I could not get it changed. I'll try again, if it doesn't work for me, do you think you can change it?

http://www.ehow.com/how_8555578_forward-old-new-email-address.html

2. You were saying that It was urgent take care of the yahoo email right away, & since I have not been visiting sites other than this one, and my yahoo is deleted now, I should be Okay, don't you think?
thanks

Yea, but now you can't do 1. above since you deleted your account. You'll have to send everyone in your contact list a notice from your new account. To avoid having to send numerous emails, you can use the bb: line and list all of your contact email addresses there to send one email out that goes to all your contacts. Using the bb: instead of the cc: line prevents each of your contacts from seeing the email addresses of all the others.

Edit: It still won't change my email. I clicked to modify email, & the page just wants to change password, no mention of changing email address. How do u change password?

What account are you talking about now? I thought you said above that your yahoo email account has been deleted. If you are talking about the yahoo account, go here and/or ask Fay for clarification if you get stuck:

http://help.yahoo.com/kb/index?locale=en_US&page=content&y=PROD_ACCT&id=SLN2044

If you are talking about a new email account, see my previous comment on how to notify your contacts from the new account.

Back to top Go down
wcturner
Royal Geek
Royal Geek

PostSubject: Re: Worried about Virus In Yahoo email??????   Worried about Virus In Yahoo email?????? - Page 3 Empty12/4/2012, 02:31

I'm sorry Repa, I thought you knew I was speaking of here on geeks, so I can get email notifications from geeks when someone replies to a thread I have written. I tried in the profile here at geeks MB.
Back to top Go down
Repa
Site Administrator
Site Administrator
Repa

PostSubject: Re: Worried about Virus In Yahoo email??????   Worried about Virus In Yahoo email?????? - Page 3 Empty12/4/2012, 03:00

wcturner wrote:
Repa,

1. Please look at the 2 posts above this one., & tell me what u think?

2. All these questions are taken from your post of Sun. Dec 02, @ 21:02, that has the links for "creating an image of your hard drive". I'm looking ahead & saw in #10, of your ehow link, Create a Backup Image in Windows 7, Windows 7 will give you the option to create a system repair disk along with the system image. That will not be necessary will it?? But, if it was, could a DVD+R, or a CD -R be used for that? Just for my info.

Yes, you can use the disks you have to create the repair disk.

3. Repa said: You will also need to create a Boot Repair disk in order to use the image file Won't either of these DVD+R, or a CD -R be Okay for that also, since I've already got them on hand?

Answer to 2) and 3): if you follow the order I gave you to create an image, a repair disk and a backup, of your important files and folders, you can't go wrong. Each task has a link on that Backup and Recovery page that gives you a wizard, which will lead you through each operation. If you want to do the backup first and select the files and folders you want for that operation, it doesn't really matter. You can do them in any order you want and they will all get done. I suggested the image first and the repair disk next because that captures your hard drive as it is right now, and if anything goes wrong in anything else you do that could potentially cause Windows not to book, you'll have the image and repair disk, which you'll need both for an easy way to restore your hard drive to where it is right now.And yes, the DVDs / CDs you have will work. Note: a system repair disk and a boot repair disk are one and the same.

4. I'll ask about this now also. This is from #3 item & following is at the link web page. "Pop it in your CD drive and if the BIOS is already set to boot from CD-ROM first, then you will see the following screen." I was wondering if my machine BIOS is set to boot from CD or DVD?

You'll have to go into the Bios setup and look, or wait until you create a boot repair disk and then see if it boots from the disk or gives you the option to during reboot. Did you test your Recovery disks to see if it would boot from there? If it did, then it is set right. Here's how to manually check the Bios setting and change it if necessary:

http://www.ehow.com/how_6894696_do-cd_rom-compaq-presario-7000us_.html

This may not be your exact model mentioned in the instructions, but the instructions given here should be the same as for your computer. They match what I have to do for my Compaq laptop. But, you don't need to worry about this now, just get the backups done. You can check this with your repair disk later.

5. About how long does it take to create the system image, to be saved on the external hard drive?

Anywhere from 30 minutes to 1 - 2 hours, depending on the size of your hard drive and the amount of data on it.

6. I just wanted to know these answers before getting to those steps, & not having the proper discs if I needed them.

thanks
Back to top Go down
wcturner
Royal Geek
Royal Geek

PostSubject: Re: Worried about Virus In Yahoo email??????   Worried about Virus In Yahoo email?????? - Page 3 Empty12/4/2012, 15:50

Repa said:
1. Answer to 2) and 3): if you follow the order I gave you to create an image, a repair disk and a backup, of your important files and folders, you can't go wrong.
I plan to do it this way.

2. I was going to run a quick scan with Awcleaner, before I started the system image process, since last night I had been to yahoo email, to delete the account, & I hoped that I didn't get any kind of infections from that. I opened up my App of Awcleaner to run it, & it said my version was outdated older version, & asked if I wanted to go & update it. Thinking it would go to bleepingcomputer, I clicked OK. It took me to a site, with some foreign languages, that included English. I got scared of the site & closed it quick. I hope that didn't cause me any added problems.? Does this sound like a problem? What's your take on this?

Edit: I went directly back to my downloads after posting, & was going to try to run Awcleaner with my copy, & found that it is no longer in my downloads. Shouldn't it still be on my list, in my downloads??
Back to top Go down
Repa
Site Administrator
Site Administrator
Repa

PostSubject: Re: Worried about Virus In Yahoo email??????   Worried about Virus In Yahoo email?????? - Page 3 Empty12/4/2012, 20:25

It probably went to a french site, but I tried to duplicate what you did and it didn't want to know if I wanted an update, and I've had mine longer than you have so, not sure what's going on. To find what happened to adwcleaner, click on computer > C:\ drive, and in the search box on the top right of the window type in adwcleaner and press enter. Your hard drive will be searched for the program and will give you the results of where it was found.
Back to top Go down
wcturner
Royal Geek
Royal Geek

PostSubject: Re: Worried about Virus In Yahoo email??????   Worried about Virus In Yahoo email?????? - Page 3 Empty12/4/2012, 21:05

1. Repa: Please look at my post before this one.

2. I waited as long as I could for your reply to above post, & I went ahead & connected my external hard drive to computer, & ran the backup (1st.), Create System Image (2nd.) System Repair Disc (3rd.). After connecting USB cable, a dialog box appeared on desktop, & I just clicked for Windows to do all the back up stuff. Then it pretty much took over, & you can see above the order in which the back Up's were done, but You had said it didn't really matter the order, so I did not worry.

3. I just hope no Harm was done to my computer by going to that site for AdwCleaner, that I was in-advertently carried to, by my ignorance.??????

4. I've got screenshots if site will let me post them: I think I got them posted out of order, but maybe you can get an idea of how it went. I need to number them when I create'em, or some type of system to get'em in correct order.

Worried about Virus In Yahoo email?????? - Page 3 System10

Worried about Virus In Yahoo email?????? - Page 3 Image_10

Worried about Virus In Yahoo email?????? - Page 3 Confir10

Worried about Virus In Yahoo email?????? - Page 3 Saving10

Worried about Virus In Yahoo email?????? - Page 3 System11

Worried about Virus In Yahoo email?????? - Page 3 System12

Worried about Virus In Yahoo email?????? - Page 3 Open_f10

Worried about Virus In Yahoo email?????? - Page 3 Label_10

Worried about Virus In Yahoo email?????? - Page 3 Bachup10

This next one was on the monitor when I returned to the room after a 5 minute break. The backup had just finished & I clicked Create System Image from the column on the left of screen.

Worried about Virus In Yahoo email?????? - Page 3 Back_u10
Back to top Go down
wcturner
Royal Geek
Royal Geek

PostSubject: Re: Worried about Virus In Yahoo email??????   Worried about Virus In Yahoo email?????? - Page 3 Empty12/4/2012, 21:29

1. Repa said: To find what happened to adwcleaner, click on computer > C:\ drive, and in the search box on the top right of the window type in adwcleaner and press enter. I must be misunderstanding you or my computer is set up differently, cause when I double left click on computer > C:\ , mine takes me to "Computer" where my hard drives are located. I don't get a "Search box".....??

2. Since creating the System Image & backups, I think I'm good to surf now. What do you think?? That is if we don't find some virus or something form the adwcleaner fiasco...???
So, please tell me when you think it's ok to surf???
Back to top Go down
Repa
Site Administrator
Site Administrator
Repa

PostSubject: Re: Worried about Virus In Yahoo email??????   Worried about Virus In Yahoo email?????? - Page 3 Empty12/4/2012, 21:37

wcturner wrote:
1. Repa: Please look at my post before this one.

3. I just hope no Harm was done to my computer by going to that site for AdwCleaner, that I was in-advertently carried to, by my ignorance.??????

I don't know where it went, so don't know.It is developed by a french site, but I've had no indication that it wanted to do an update from 2 of my computers. If it was for a legitimate update you should be ok. Did you search for and find adwcleaner? Where did you find it?

Back to top Go down
Repa
Site Administrator
Site Administrator
Repa

PostSubject: Re: Worried about Virus In Yahoo email??????   Worried about Virus In Yahoo email?????? - Page 3 Empty12/4/2012, 21:44

wcturner wrote:
1. Repa said: To find what happened to adwcleaner, click on computer > C:\ drive, and in the search box on the top right of the window type in adwcleaner and press enter. I must be misunderstanding you or my computer is set up differently, cause when I double left click on computer > C:\ , mine takes me to "Computer" where my hard drives are located. I don't get a "Search box".....??

when you click on the c: drive you are in a Windows Explorer window. Th address you are at is in the long text box at the top of the page. The short text box to the right of that is the search box. Type adwcleaner in it and press the enter key. It will show the results in the big pane on the right if it finds it.

2. Since creating the System Image & backups, I think I'm good to surf now. What do you think?? That is if we don't find some virus or something form the adwcleaner fiasco...???
So, please tell me when you think it's ok to surf???

Yea, find that adwcleaner. You have a shortcut to it on your desktop as well, I see. What happens when you click that?
Back to top Go down
wcturner
Royal Geek
Royal Geek

PostSubject: Re: Worried about Virus In Yahoo email??????   Worried about Virus In Yahoo email?????? - Page 3 Empty12/5/2012, 00:16

1. You have a shortcut to it on your desktop as well, I see. What happens when you click that? That's just my wordpad's that I paste your instructions into, easier for me to print from.

2. Screenshots of Search Results:

Worried about Virus In Yahoo email?????? - Page 3 Scans_10

Worried about Virus In Yahoo email?????? - Page 3 A_cl_111

Worried about Virus In Yahoo email?????? - Page 3 Ad_c_211

3. The first Screenshot is the location of the scan files I ran the other day, which you probably already know. The next 2 Screenshots are the search results.

In the search results the top 3 as you can see are my wordpad shortcuts I told you about in #1 above this post. Unsure, but the rest of the search results might be the scans I ran the other day.? I hope you know??

To clarify, the 2nd. search results screenshot, at the very bottom, the one that has the blue "E" next to it, that is where I had my browser open here at geeks, while I created the screen shots.

4. Does this post tell you anything? And, to think, I actually thought I was finished and could maybe enjoy my new computer. The computer demons won't let me rest!
Back to top Go down
Repa
Site Administrator
Site Administrator
Repa

PostSubject: Re: Worried about Virus In Yahoo email??????   Worried about Virus In Yahoo email?????? - Page 3 Empty12/5/2012, 10:13

I don't see the program there. Those are the files it created when you ran it. Do you still have hidden files and folders showing? What happened when you clicked the update thing? What was going on at the site it took you to? Was there some evidence that an update was happening, or did you just see a web page and nothing happening? Did you notice anything happening on your computer when you were at that site, like did the program disappear? I have no evidence that the program tells you to do an update. Have you run TDSSkiller since this happened?

I think you want to do a restore back to the day before you ran adwcleaner and see if it brings it back. If it does, delete it and download it from bleepingcomputers again. If it doesn't bring it back then still download it from bleepingcomputers. Then run ccleaner, quick scans of malwarebytes and superantispyware, and run sophos and TDSSkiller. If nothing found on any of those scans then run adwcleaner.

Answer the questions in the first paragraph above, and then start working on the second paragraph above.
Back to top Go down
wcturner
Royal Geek
Royal Geek

PostSubject: Re: Worried about Virus In Yahoo email??????   Worried about Virus In Yahoo email?????? - Page 3 Empty12/5/2012, 13:39

Before you reply to this post look at my post below this one.

Repa wrote:
I don't see the program there. Those are the files it created when you ran it.

Do you still have hidden files and folders showing? No, they're all hid now. Do I need to "Reveal" them for the new scans?

What happened when you clicked the update thing? I did not click the update button, I promptly left the site.

What was going on at the site it took you to? Was there some evidence that an update was happening, or did you just see a web page and nothing happening? Except for the foreign language, it looked like an ordinary Download site. The Download buttons to click on & all were there, but, I was reluctant to do the download.

Did you notice anything happening on your computer when you were at that site, like did the program disappear? NO, nothing odd. It was the foreign language, & since it was not the bleepingcomputer site, that's what raised a red flag for me.

I have no evidence that the program tells you to do an update. Have you run TDSSkiller since this happened? NO

I think you want to do a restore back to the day before you ran adwcleaner and see if it brings it back. If it does, delete it and download it from bleepingcomputers again. If it doesn't bring it back then still download it from bleepingcomputers. Then run ccleaner, quick scans of malwarebytes and superantispyware, and run sophos and TDSSkiller. If nothing found on any of those scans then run adwcleaner.

Answer the questions in the first paragraph above, and then start working on the second paragraph above.
OK. It will be a while before I get to it though.

1. Since I set up my toshiba hard drive, will all that stuff have to be re-done?

2. And, I think I'll turn off the "Auto Back Up Schedule" for that hard drive..??

3. I hope you will see this post & reply before I begin the instructions.

Last edited by wcturner on 12/5/2012, 17:59; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
wcturner
Royal Geek
Royal Geek

PostSubject: Re: Worried about Virus In Yahoo email??????   Worried about Virus In Yahoo email?????? - Page 3 Empty12/5/2012, 17:57

I've got a post above, & didn't edit& posted here instead, so we wouldn't be posting at the same time, please look above.

I just remembered that you told me to delete all my old restore points, & then create a new one. That took place on 11/30/2012. I ran those Adwcleaner scans on 11/27/2012 & 11/28/2012. So I can't restore back to before those scans as you recommended in you above instructions. What do i do now? I never got a chance to begin your last instructions.???...

Upon reading your instructions again, I will assume that I go ahead & download adwcleaner from bleepingcomputer, & continue from there. But, the question still remains what about the create an image & backup I did last night? Will it have to be redone?

Back to top Go down
Repa
Site Administrator
Site Administrator
Repa

PostSubject: Re: Worried about Virus In Yahoo email??????   Worried about Virus In Yahoo email?????? - Page 3 Empty12/5/2012, 19:46

wcturner wrote:
I've got a post above, & didn't edit& posted here instead, so we wouldn't be posting at the same time, please look above.

I just remembered that you told me to delete all my old restore points, & then create a new one. That took place on 11/30/2012. I ran those Adwcleaner scans on 11/27/2012 & 11/28/2012. So I can't restore back to before those scans as you recommended in you above instructions. What do i do now? I never got a chance to begin your last instructions.???...

Upon reading your instructions again, I will assume that I go ahead & download adwcleaner from bleepingcomputer, & continue from there. But, the question still remains what about the create an image & backup I did last night? Will it have to be redone?

I want you to restore your computer to, I think, the day before yesterday - the day before you clicked to update adwcleaner and ended up at that site. Then look to see if adwcleaner is back and if it is, delete it, run those scans including ccleaner with hidden files and folders showing and hidden system files too. If you find nothing, then download adwcleaner from bleeping computer and run it again. As far as the image backup and file backups go, it may be wise to delete the backups you did and redo them after you finish checking everything out because I cannot explain the disappearance of adwcleaner and I want you to be sure that nothing is there that shouldn't be.

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Worried about Virus In Yahoo email??????   Worried about Virus In Yahoo email?????? - Page 3 Empty

Back to top Go down

Worried about Virus In Yahoo email??????
Page 3 of 7Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next